What are the rules on farting in front of your girlfriend/boyfriend?

baltimoregirl42

baltimoregirl42

Is it ever okay to fart in front of your boyfriend/girlfriend? My boyfriend of 3 months informed me the other day that apparently about 2 weeks ago I farted in bed when I was sleeping (on him no less, as we were spooning at the time). I'm kind of embarassed, but kind of amused :laugh:

What are the rules on this?

If it is love then it's okay technically you didn't do it on purpose. I was scared at first to even go to the bathroom (2) let alone fart in front of my boyfriend (now fiance) but he asked me to always be real with him. Allthough I do have stinky ones at times so does he. It naturally human everybody does it.

*Ahem*

It was about 2 months into my now over a year relationship with my boyfriend when he informed me that when he has to fart, he is going to do so... he went on to say that it made his stomach hurt to hold it in and he couldn't see any reason to make himself uncomfortable like that.

I was like uh... :confused: okay?

So I expected that when he HAD to fart he would at least be some what discreet.... uh.... yeah.

Now my boyfriend not only ISN'T discreet, he will actually fan his wrongness my way, or hold me down on his lap so I can "enjoy" his scent :sick:

I must say the worst ever was when he was in the shower with me and let one rip... OMFG, I swear the water and the moisture in the air from the shower only "enhanced" the rankness of that one and I thought I was going to throw up!

I have told him on more than one occassion that I really hope one of these days he goes to fart and actually sh*ts his pants :laugh:

:lmao: Funny stuff, Merin.~!

The very first date I had with my kid's father was a double date. The guys went out before the date, and (I purposely think) they ate Mexican food. So, they were ripe for the date. Well, the other girl and I (we were alot younger at the time..'bout 20 yrs ago) were seated in the middle between the guys in the truck. Every damn time they farted, they rolled the windows up. NOT COOL!!! :sick: I never heard the end of it for years to come. .....should've been a dead give away for the rest of our relationship!

I have never farted in front of my present BF and I've known him for many years. Just the way I am.

whichwayisup

Sleeping farts don't count.

My first time farting infront of my man was in the bathtub. Yeah, there is NO denying it either. The evidence spoke for itself. So, when he asked me, "Did you just fart?" I said, "No..." with a straight face, then started laughing my head off...IT was funny! Still is and we joke about it once in a while too!

It depends on your comfort level and how you feel in general about farting. Some find it disguisting and others find it amusing.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
What are the rules on this?

If you try "blue flaming," do not aim in someone's direction! :laugh:

One of my ex's would just let it rip in front of me and wouldn't say anything; guess they were relaxed and comfortable with me.

Once she and I were cuddling, she let one off and I said that was not me. She had the pickle, fajita, or burrito. I said I love you and all but that stank and opened the blanket on HER end to vent out. She was soo.... embarassed. I love those little things about them :love:, NOT THE SCENTS, just the look on them faces.

I would go away then come back, ex's would ask what the issues were. If it was in the car, as in those loud ones, just let it out. IF it was stinky... let it out, say something then open the windows.

If you can't fart in front of your bf/gf, then who can you fart in front of?

Boss and boss' boss when they ask what you think about the new proposals!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Add :p

HokeyReligions

Blech! Those stinky steamy shower farts are the worst! :sick: Hubby thinks they are great. He loves to walk in front of me in a store and let one of his silent-but-deadly clouds loose and watch me walk right into it.

I got caught farting in bed once early in the marriage and when I said "the dog did it" (the dog used to sleep under the bed) hubby calmly said "the dog is in the other room" and all was silent for several minutes. Then we both laughed.

I try to get into the bathroom before I let go because I don't want to smell it either. Hubby thinks its great and we should all enjoy it. I'll see him tighten his face and clench his belly muscles and force them out! That was actually a conversation we had in marriage counseling once. He thought it just so funny and I didn't want him forcing his farts into the furniture - its rude and not good for the furniture. He didn't realize that it really did make me upset, or that one of the reasons I had plug-in airfreshners all over the place, and was always spraying air freshner and cleaning the sofas was because the odor hangs on and it's disgusting!

Oh, and he is a notorious cover-fluffer when he farts in bed! Now when he does it I open a bottle of nail-polish remover because he can't stand how that smells, and I'll pass the bottle under his nose while he's trying to go to sleep.

BlahBlahQueen

Fart away, baby. If he thinks it's gross, then he's gay. Remember, he'll fart in front of you eventually. What does he expect you to think then???

I farted the most repulsively reeking fart in front of my brand-new boyfriend in a closed car once. (He later became my second husband.) He didn't say a thing, and we had the hottest sex even not four hours later.

Call me old school but farting for the most part is not a BF GF deal but more manners in general. If you need to fart, walk out of the room unless you are sure it is a silent one that doesn't smell.

I agree with WWIU in that sleeping farts do not count, nor do sick farts--I mean you are not able to control those, but then again, there is no need to call someone in to admire your handiwork of a particularly smelly fart. Kids also may be an exception--they always seem to find the humor in farts.

I was married for 10 years and during my healthy waking hours, I never once farted (read: got caught) in front of my wife. Ask her today and she will tell you.

Again, I think it boils down to courtesy and manners--not a comfort level!

WTF? it is not healthy to hold that puppy in! You gotta let it rip for your own good.

H has yet to ever fart in front of me. I have around him, I just tell him

" LOOK OUT"

It's ok for him to burp around me..... what the hell is the difference.

Burp or fart....... if it has to come out, it has to come out. :lmao:

My H does not poop either. He will never admit that he does, nor would he ever dare ask if I do. :lmao:

I actually have a pretty serious stomach condition which does cause a bit of gas...... but it does not stink. Vegetarian farts are much fresher than meaty farts! :lmao:

a4a---did one of those vegetarian farts kill that chicken in your avatar? Or did someone choke that chicken?

a4a---did one of those vegetarian farts kill that chicken in your avatar? Or did someone choke that chicken?

The chicken is a blow up chicken doll. A sex toy for the resident rooster that likes his chicks shaved clean just like so many LS guys! :lmao:

However we do have a pet chicken that is named Choke.

We thought that name was quite appropriate for the visiting children here at the farm. They can go home and tell their parents about Choke the Chicken.

:lmao:

blind_otter
From my exprerience the only rule is that you must say " Pull my finger " first.

I am of another school of thought on this one:

He who smelt it, dealt it.

And he who denied it, supplied it.

I just want to let you all know that I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, I'm laughing so hard after reading this thread! I must be a kid even at 34 years old, 'cause I can see the humor in it....

I just tell my boyfriend, "Watch out, honey, I'm pulling off the windbreaker." It never fails to make him giggle. :D

While embarrassing, it's a normal human function, and if you can't do it in front of the one you love, you can't do it anywhere. That's my opinion on the matter.

When in doubt, let it out!

<giggle> :D

HokeyReligions
Call me old school but farting for the most part is not a BF GF deal but more manners in general. If you need to fart, walk out of the room unless you are sure it is a silent one that doesn't smell.

I agree with WWIU in that sleeping farts do not count, nor do sick farts--I mean you are not able to control those, but then again, there is no need to call someone in to admire your handiwork of a particularly smelly fart. Kids also may be an exception--they always seem to find the humor in farts.

I was married for 10 years and during my healthy waking hours, I never once farted (read: got caught) in front of my wife. Ask her today and she will tell you.

Again, I think it boils down to courtesy and manners--not a comfort level!

APPLAUSE! :bunny: APPLAUSE! :bunny: APPLAUSE! :bunny: APPLAUSE! :bunny: APPLAUSE! :bunny: APPLAUSE! :bunny:

I'm not saying hold it in, just be courteous about it and when one escapes - it escapes. But most of the time one knows when a fart is coming and can go to the bathroom beforehand.

Ok you closeted farters........ what about burping?

Now those cannot be helped and sneak up on you just as a fart might.

Do you run out of the room to burp too? :p

blind_otter
Ok you closeted farters........ what about burping?

Now those cannot be helped and sneak up on you just as a fart might.

Do you run out of the room to burp too? :p

I burp, fart, and hock loogies. I can spit really far, too. I can spit on a moving car, from another moving car. It's a talent, I know. I usually aim for the tires so they don't notice.

I burp, fart, and hock loogies. I can spit really far, too. I can spit on a moving car, from another moving car. It's a talent, I know. I usually aim for the tires so they don't notice.

:lmao: :lmao:

You do not! :lmao:

I think a spitter is way worse than a burper or even a public farter.

I thought you swallowed? Just not loogies huh? :p

blind_otter
:lmao: :lmao:

You do not! :lmao:

I think a spitter is way worse than a burper or even a public farter.

I thought you swallowed? Just not loogies huh? :p

I figure if it's coming OUT of my body, I probably shouldn't try to force it to stay IN.

Plus I quit smoking and the loogies I hock up look like tar that has been accumulating in there for the past 12 years. Blech.