Dating in highschool...

Bballswingr

Bballswingr

Hey, im a junior in high school and i want to ask out a sophmore girl for a date. Ive only asked one other girl out before and i was a freshmen, all i said was "will you go out with me?" haha.

Anyway now that im a junior that cant be right anymore can it? How should i ask her out? Also I cant drive yet and obviously she cant drive so what should we do for transportation if she says yes? Sorry for so many questions but if someone could answer them i would be grateful. thanks

seriously think about setting up a group date, where a bunch of friends get together, taking one or two vehicles to a set destination. You can offer to pitch in for fuel for the driver's car or for the driver him/herself!

the plus side is that you've got wheels, you're among a group of people so there's not as much performance pressure on you or her, you're with people you enjoy hanging out with anyway.

the down side – not a whole lot of privacy and possibly having to stick to a schedule you're not happy with.

that's what we used to do when I was in high school 20-something years ago, and my folks were okay with that because I wasn't alone with a boy they didn't know, but with a group of friends they DID know!

or you can ask a trusted relative or friend to chaperone you someplace, which might go over well with her folks, because there's a responsible adult involved.

it's not about the situation being right or wrong, but whether you come up with a workable solution.

about asking her out: are you on speaking terms with her (do you kinda-sorta know her)? Or is she someone you've admired from afar and are just now getting to know her? Either way, be casual, and ask if the two of you could get together sometime for a meal or a movie or just hanging out at __________.

seriously think about setting up a group date, where a bunch of friends get together, taking one or two vehicles to a set destination. You can offer to pitch in for fuel for the driver's car or for the driver him/herself!

the plus side is that you've got wheels, you're among a group of people so there's not as much performance pressure on you or her, you're with people you enjoy hanging out with anyway.

the down side – not a whole lot of privacy and possibly having to stick to a schedule you're not happy with.

that's what we used to do when I was in high school 20-something years ago, and my folks were okay with that because I wasn't alone with a boy they didn't know, but with a group of friends they DID know!

or you can ask a trusted relative or friend to chaperone you someplace, which might go over well with her folks, because there's a responsible adult involved.

it's not about the situation being right or wrong, but whether you come up with a workable solution.

about asking her out: are you on speaking terms with her (do you kinda-sorta know her)? Or is she someone you've admired from afar and are just now getting to know her? Either way, be casual, and ask if the two of you could get together sometime for a meal or a movie or just hanging out at __________.

Thanks, i like that post, however like she doesnt know many of my friends, and the ones she does know i dont know how friendly they are with her, but ill think about that.

I do talk with her some, we have a class together, we used to talk/flirt alot because we were on the same sports team, however now thats over but we still talk some.

• Author
Bballswingr

Thanks for the good post, however shes not friends with/ doesnt know many of my friends so wouldnt that be a little weird?

Yes, i am on speaking terms with her. We talked/flirted alot last month cause we were on the same sports team, however since that is over now we still talk a little.

One day when you are talking to her ask her if she has email, aim, or myspace or something. This way you can talk to her more online on a personal level and then you two can get together... That would probably be a good idea for you. Everyone has myspace so that is a great place just to talk... The more you talk to her the more comfortable it will be when you want to ask her out... Is there any school dances coming up you could ask her to???

we were on the same sports team

what about trying to get together with some of those folks and hanging out? they'd be people you have in common

• Author
Bballswingr

Thanks for the responses, agnf666, she doesnt have a myspace, i would ask her for her sn or something but i dont really like talking to girls on aim, i feel it puts u in the friends zone too easily.

Anyway, i think she likes me, she seems to be playing games with me, which is ok because i can play them back. (I'm a pretty flirtatious guy IMO) Should i just come out and tell her how i feel and end these games maybe? Or bad idea?

Thanks

I would just come out and tell her at this point... Does she have a boyfriend???

Or if you really don't want to tell straight out just ask her to the next school dance... usually that is a big hint...