How to tell bf I'm marrying someone else?

Maya21

I've been with my current bf for over a year but it's kind of a casual thing as he's not ready for anything more serious right now. He tells me he loves me etc but it's kind of just a dating situation. We're on "a break" at the moment & I've decided to break it off. Before him I was with my ex for 3 years & we were engaged for the last year of the 3 years. My current relationship is not working out & I've after a year of pondering I've decided that I really do love my ex & want to marry him...

Although we're on a break he thinks he may get back to the (casual) relationship we had..

My question is how do I tell my current bf that I've decided to get engaged to someone else? He's a sweet guy & I don't want to hurt him.

Thanks in advance

You tell him the truth. You still have feelings for your ex and want to see where that goes. Tell him you're sorry and just think it's best to end things.

Eitherway you're going to hurt him. You can make the blow easier by letting him down easily.

Good luck!

And also let him know HE didn't do anything wrong. (Unless there were major reasons why you both decided to take a break?)

I think SM is right, you need to stop referring to him as your current boyfriend. He isn't.

Tell him that you're pregnant & that it's your ex's baby.. He'll have no choice but to accept that your marrying your ex.

LOL.

Anyway, a better question is, how did you "decide" that you anted to love your ex? I'd really love to be able to go, "Hey, I love her now, love switch activate!". You sure you're not just feeling a bit lonely lately? Not trying to make it as if you can't meet other guys, it just seems like after a year you go back and say , "Hey I am still in love!", just like that.

LOL.

Anyway, a better question is, how did you "decide" that you anted to love your ex? I'd really love to be able to go, "Hey, I love her now, love switch activate!". You sure you're not just feeling a bit lonely lately? Not trying to make it as if you can't meet other guys, it just seems like after a year you go back and say , "Hey I am still in love!", just like that.

Add all the posts up and you get my opinion, well with the exception of the pregnancy thing:) .

Just be straight up with him.

Hyakku's post poses some interesting questions, wonder if they'll get an answer?

Never ceases to amaze me about this "Still thinking of my ex, while dating another" situation. If you haven't put the past behind you it seems unfair to draw someone else in to something they have no idea about.

I have to ask, why did you break it off with your former fiance? Be careful, becuase whatever issue occurred then is likely to come up again if you resume your relationship with him.