The Co-Worker

LostintheCapital

LostintheCapital

OK, so here's the scoop. There's this girl that I work with that I can't seem to stop thinking about. Shifts with her just fly by in no time at all. We laugh and flirt constantly at work, and there is obvious chemistry between us. She's taking the same program in University that I'm starting in the fall. I find her absolutly gorgeous, and am seriously thinking about asking her out. The problem is, the whole co-worker thing is making me think twice. Are office romances really a good idea? It's almost worse than dating a friend... you might see your friend once or twice a week, but you see your co-workers almost everyday. Akwardness, day in and day out, just plain sucks...

Any thoughts on office romances?

I would have to agree with don't dump where you eat.

Been there done that, it works great if you can deal with someone 24/7; 8 hours at work, 8 hours at home. whoa! a little to much sometimes.

When it does not work, they it is horrible! one of you two will feel awkward. Your co-workers will feel the vibe also.

So I would suggest, one of you get a new job before pursuing a relationship.

I can actually work quite well. Why should we meet love interests in bars or via the internet, when we can meet them at work?

I was in danger once though, I had multiple girls that were interested in me at work, while I was interested in someone else I met there as well..... Before I knew it poeple were talking and things always get worse than the actual facts, when going from mouth to mouth.

But dating a coworker can work. But if you ever break up, do it well otherwise it will be hard to work together.