Stages of Love

unimoko

"What are the stages of love and how long do they last? "

Wish I knew ~ then I'd be able to tell if my current pseudo-relationship was going 2 go anywhere.

But, I do think love has to be based on friendship so I'll give that as stage 1.

Actually, Attraction first, then Friendship ~ both of which ideally, would never end.

I read this in a counceling/psychology website. I can't post the link because they advertise to purchase their products and LS doesn't allow them kind of websites. So here is some info from that website:

They claim there are eight stages to intimacy.

To achieve true intimacy, two ideas must be present:

Safety & Connectedness.

Stage one: Physical - Physical intimacy-looks, etiquette and chrisma

Stage two: Aesthetic - arts, style, culture and general compatibility

Stage three: Recreational - shared interests, sports and hobbies

Stage four: Intellectual - hopes, fears, opinions and beliefs

Stage five: Spiritual - morality, ethics, shared existence and shared goals

Stage six: Emotional - feelings, trust, security and safety

Stage seven: Sexual - touching, sexual liberation, physical contact, romance, copulation and procreation.

Stage eight: Unconditional - love and support without strings, expectations or regrets

They say: Your relationship may be experiencing several of these stages and they may not necessarily fall in order. However, if you are starting out in a relationship with a new partner and you really are interested in the long-term, the stages are an accurate road map to achieving a fulfilling relationship. Too often, couples reach level three and skip all the way to number seven. Then they wonder why it never worked and they felt unfulfilled.

I read through the explains on these stages and they make sense.. I think they are onto something in all reality.

I know I am guilty of rushing right to number 7.. It's like leaping off a bridge to swim to the otherside in the fog because the fog limits us in being able to see that the bridge goes all the way across to the other side.

Do a search for 8 stages of intimacy.