Are women really attracted to power and money ?

Super89Rex

I know this is probably going to start a contraversial thread but her goes. Are women really attracted toward powerful and wealthy men? If so, why and how? For example, if a man is very succesful, decent looking; will these two factors on their own attract the women, and how and in what setting? The reason why I am asking is because I am starting a company and I am confident that within a few years or so, I may reach a good financial position. For example, would being wealthy have a huge differential impact on how women view you as opposed to being middle class or within the same financial position as someone equally good looking in the same age group?

This has always been something I have been wondering, I wouldn’t want to attract women just for the fact that I have money, nor would I want to be with someone knowing that it was the fact that I had money that attracted them in the first place. Do you think money makes people look at you differently as I walked down the street, and how does this translate to your relationships with the opposite sex.. Is the saying true as Al Paccino from ScarFace would say “You get the money, you get the power, then you will get them women” ??????

Any thoughts/comments on this guys and gals?

Matt

Every relationship I have been in (including my current one) those two things were not a factor. So, based on my experiences, the answer would be no - not all women are attracted to money and power.

For example, would being wealthy have a huge differential impact on how women view you as opposed to being middle class or within the same financial position as someone equally good looking in the same age group?

Well S89REX....do you see Angelina Jolie dating your neighbor. You know... the neighbor with the krappy apartment and 10 year old car and works at McD.

Well S89REX....do you see Angelina Jolie dating your neighbor. You know... the neighbor with the krappy apartment and 10 year old car and works at McD.

Well said.

One just has to connect and make contact at some point. Dreaming and working at McD, won't get you there. For something of a chance, an encounter has to be made like meeting at a party, UN function, school function, different people have differnet circles. The circles have to intersect.

Bringing up Angelina Jolie is ridiculous. For one thing, most women do not look like her. Secondly, not all men want her *type*. I don't find her attractive at all. :sick:

I think that I'm attracted to power and money in a way.

I think it's sexy when a guy is financially stable. Meaning he's got his own place and car. It shows that he's got his life together for the most part.

And I think power is sexy too. But it's something that's attractive to see in action not to hear about. I like to see a guy with good leadership skills. For me that shows that he knows what he's doing and what he wants.

I don't seek these things out though. I actually find it a turn-off when guys brag about having money and a powerful position.

I think that I'm attracted to power and money in a way.

I don't seek these things out though. I actually find it a turn-off when guys brag about having money and a powerful position.

There is always someone bigger and better, more powerful, more money, etc... the bragging part well yeah; I would ask why are here mingling with "poorer" and "less powerful" people?

let's face it, a lot of women are not going to go out with a guy who doesn't have his things together, esp. that nowadays, more and more women are becoming independent and ambitious.

i work hard, put myself in school, will go back to school to get that mba, and try to work up the ladder. i don't want to be with somebody who doesn't have any ambition in life whatsoever.

fortunately, my bf's hardworking days paid off. he's very successful and has a lot of drive. actually, he inspires me to have that same hunger for success.

to a lot of women: money=power=sexy

however, it is a major turnoff to me if a guy flashes his wealth or talk about where he's been, the cars he drive, etc. etc. that's just being cocky. then you're just attracting the wrong type of girl.

however, it is a major turnoff to me if a guy flashes his wealth or talk about where he's been, the cars he drive, etc. etc. that's just being cocky. then you're just attracting the wrong type of girl.

so basically L2HVN, its OK for a dude to pull up to the valet in his BMW 750iL and for you to see him doing this. But he cannot talk or comment about his $80,000 car to you? Is that the way it works?

ReluctantRomeo

All the wrong kind of women are attracted by money and power.

Good women, however, are attracted by a man with confidence, vision and drive.

If you end up successful, my advice would therefore be to be open about your job, your vision, your dedication. But underplay or at least softpedal how much money and success is involved. Be modest, and put the conversational spotlight back on the girl.

ReluctantRomeo
so basically L2HVN, its OK for a dude to pull up to the valet in his BMW 750iL and for you to see him doing this. But he cannot talk or comment about his $80,000 car to you? Is that the way it works?

Pretty much, yes. It should look insouciant :)

*Romeo is having a big-word day*

most women are attracted to money and power just like most men are attracted to jenna jameson and pam anderson....its genetic.

what are the end results of confidence, vision and drive??? could they result in money & power maybe??

ReluctantRomeo
what are the end results of confidence, vision and drive??? could they result in money & power maybe??

Sometimes, but not always. And whether or not it's a sensible theory, in practice women usually make this distinction quite clearly. Since it's them we try to attract...

Sometimes, but not always. And whether or not it's a sensible theory, in practice women usually make this distinction quite clearly. Since it's them we try to attract...

true RR, but confidence, vision and drive without the resulting successes ($$$) ain't gonna pay the electic and gas bills or put food in the mouth of the baby or pay the mortage/car pmts.

basically if a mans confidence, vision and drive results in ZERO then he's no better off than a homeless street person.

ReluctantRomeo
true RR, but confidence, vision and drive without the resulting successes ($$$) ain't gonna pay the electic and gas bills or put food in the mouth of the baby or pay the mortage/car pmts.

But genetic programming means that girls go for confidence and drive, even if it's a penniless artist.

Just like we go for shapely breasts and hips, whether or not they really make a woman better at childbearing.

Somewhat embarrassing for rational creatures to admit. But there's evolutionary biology for you :o

basically if a mans confidence, vision and drive results in ZERO then he's no better off than a homeless street person.

Once again, Alpha is speaking of extremes here. There is a HUGE area between *zero* and *extravagance*.

A man can pay the gas/electric bills, rent/mortgage payments, and feed himself, wifey, and kiddies without being *extravagant*. Those things can be done on a modest income if he is financially responsible.

But genetic programming means that girls go for confidence and drive, even if it's a penniless artist.

only if both parties are relatively young. do you think gorgeous females are going to hang out with a 45 year old starving artist?? hell no!

now, if he's a 25 yr old starving artist or musician that is different.

Very true.

I love it when people put cars into it. Great examples. Yes, I can go 0-60 in 5.8 seconds with a large sedan, iPod integrated, iDrive, family in the car, and still not fishtail. But to keep it humble, drive a 10 year old minivan up to a valet to see a show. I prefer the large sedan over the minivan, anyday. Which is more interesting iPod integration and iDrive, or I got ABS in the minivan.

Like others have said, the qualities that may lead to money and power are the attractive things. Ambition, good work ethic, intelligence, confidence etc. Though people that have these aren't always powerful and wealthy when you meet them and may never be, those qualities still attract.

In my last LTR I met him when he was a poor college student and dumped him when he was a financially stable businessman. Money is not everything.

Often people find themselves attrated to a person before they even know if they have wealth of power. While wealth and power are certainly what attracts a % of people I would suggest there is an equal amount that are attracted before they are even aware of their wealth status or power.

What attracts a person to another is a very broad stroke because attraction is based on both physical and non physical characteristics. I would think the better question is whether wealth and power aare a factor in the likelyhood of someone to commit to some one after the attraction. But can wealth and power be attractive, absolutely for fair number of people out there.

No she was too busy breaking up a marriage Alpha!!:)

I believe there are both women in this world. Those who only seek out men who are financially weathy and then there are women who seek out a man based solely on who he is as a person..

I have GFs who are attracted to flashy men. Ex: They drive nice expensive cars, wear label clothing, and gold jewelry. They buy expensive drinks and offer to buy drinks for them.

Then I have GF's who are like me, Ex He is confident but not arrogant, he is clean and not sloppy, he may wear label clothing but they are down to earth and not all preppy in appearance (current fads)-or have good taste in style but doens't have to have a label. They are polite to everyone around them, curitious and smile often. When they speak they look the person in the eyes. They are personable and dont boast or brag..

Thats a start...

I believe there are both..

Charlie didn't appear to be financially stable when I met him. He was wearing a plaid button up shirt, untucked and kinda wrinkled with baggy loose fit jeans and worn cowboy boots. He had on a red baseball cap. He wore a peice of tied rawhide rope around his kneck and wrist and the only peice of jewelry he wore was/is a silver ring that looked like a washer off of a part of a truck on his right hand.. his hands looked worked (kinda rough) and he is a little weathered from working outdoors. The only thing I knew about him when I met him was he was divorced for 4 years, had 4 children and was a contractor.. He did not appear to be financially stable..

I was drawn to him because of how he looked and how he handled himself, how he treated me and the waitress.

If he would have been open with me about his financial status I would not have been able to view him as a down to earth normal everyday blue collar man..

My Gold Digger GFs would have ditched him on the spot because he wasn't flashy. I caigjt him and got a treasure that I don't desire to dip into..

So there are both kinds out there. If you want to be treated normal and accepted for who you are by a real decent woman. Be humble and yourself..

(And, That ya' all is padamecklas advice and story and I'm stickin to it..)

If you end up successful, my advice would therefore be to be open about your job, your vision, your dedication. But underplay or at least softpedal how much money and success is involved. Be modest, and put the conversational spotlight back on the girl.

I agree with you RR-

I was raised to believe that even if you had it, don't show it or talk/brag about it. I think modesty in this department is attractive, it shows integrity and character.

Confidence, kindness and a strong personality (someone who knows their own strengths and weaknesses) is very sexy to me. Hey but what do I know, I always thought Hugh Downs (on 20/20) was ultra sexy, even when I was 30 years old!

:) :)

I know this is probably going to start a contraversial thread but her goes. Are women really attracted toward powerful and wealthy men? If so, why and how? For example, if a man is very succesful, decent looking; will these two factors on their own attract the women, and how and in what setting? The reason why I am asking is because I am starting a company and I am confident that within a few years or so, I may reach a good financial position. For example, would being wealthy have a huge differential impact on how women view you as opposed to being middle class or within the same financial position as someone equally good looking in the same age group?

This has always been something I have been wondering, I wouldn’t want to attract women just for the fact that I have money, nor would I want to be with someone knowing that it was the fact that I had money that attracted them in the first place. Do you think money makes people look at you differently as I walked down the street, and how does this translate to your relationships with the opposite sex.. Is the saying true as Al Paccino from ScarFace would say “You get the money, you get the power, then you will get them women” ??????

Matt

money for a man is roughly equivalent to beauty in a woman. it can 'raise your profile' and alot of women will take notice of you. from then on, you have to win them over with your charm, etc.

money for a man is roughly equivalent to beauty in a woman. it can 'raise your profile' and alot of women will take notice of you.

I was at a fashionable up-scale Detroit bar about a yr ago and a couple of the Detroit Red Wings (hockey players) were there. Beautiful young women were tripping all over themselves to talk to them and buy them drinks and were even giving the players their phone #s without being asked. It was hilarious. And the funny thing is that all three players were married and had their wedding bands on.