Back at sq. 1 for Feb. 14. Brainstorming again..

basscatcher

Geeze, Why do men seem to lose a part of themselves when they go through a divorce.. My gosh its been 4 yrs Charlie has been divorced.

He use to collect Les Kouba art work (originals and limited prints). He has them in his home. During his divorce he lost half of his art work to his Xw. He said since then he lost interest in collecting it.

I didn't know this till today. I asked him why he doesn't seem to be interested in it anymore. He explained to me that it use to be his hobby and when his X got half of it he lost his taste in it..

Dang it anyway. I was looking up Les Kouba artwork online today and found a collectors book I was looking into. I was trying to strike up a conversation about the artist to see what I could find out about Charlies interest and see if he had the damn book!! So much for that idea on Valentines day. The book was over $100.. I thought it would be a nce loving gift he would cherish and now I can't/won't do that for him. Back to sqauare one on Valentines Day. I like this day because it is a great time to really make a emphasis on how you feel about the other person. We get so caught up in everyday life we don't always go ABOVE and BEYOND to do something nice for the other person. It is like a reminder.

Now what do I do? Does anyone know if there is a collectors book on Big Dog Choppers. He is very interested in purchasing a chopper this summer. Maybe something to make him drool will appeal to him.... Ideas anyone???

motorcyle guy, is he? Does he have a sense of humor? If so, look into getting him "Annoying Thing" gear. I bought my husband a couple of bumper stickers and a T-shirt and he loved them.

for the more serious stuff, like the art work, maybe find an artist whose work is similar to, or complements, Kouba's work. Your guy may find that interesting if he still does have a liking for art.

to be honest, though, I never know what to do for Valentine's Day since we traditionally don't make a big deal about it, other than maybe a nice dinner. This year I did ask for rosebushes for our new house, I figured they'd be a gift (for both of us) that would keep on giving, sweet yet practical.

best of luck to you, pada ...

• Author
motorcyle guy, is he? Does he have a sense of humor? If so, look into getting him "Annoying Thing" gear. I bought my husband a couple of bumper stickers and a T-shirt and he loved them.

for the more serious stuff, like the art work, maybe find an artist whose work is similar to, or complements, Kouba's work. Your guy may find that interesting if he still does have a liking for art.

to be honest, though, I never know what to do for Valentine's Day since we traditionally don't make a big deal about it, other than maybe a nice dinner. This year I did ask for rosebushes for our new house, I figured they'd be a gift (for both of us) that would keep on giving, sweet yet practical.

best of luck to you, pada ...

Gawd yea he has a sense of humor. More then I do. He likes to poke fun at me when I'm in a serious mode. then laughs at my reaction. He is too funny. That is what makes him so adorable...

NO I don't think the art thing will do.

I think the motorcycle thing is best. Big Dog Choppers. He wants one so bad he can taste it..... He said he WILL have one this summer and I WILL have my legs wrapped around him on it... :o:rolleyes:

Maybe some Big Dog Chopper Appareal would be best. If I find something now and order it it should be here by then if its not a huge thing. hmmmm.

Maybe...................

Now what do I do? Does anyone know if there is a collectors book on Big Dog Choppers. He is very interested in purchasing a chopper this summer. Maybe something to make him drool will appeal to him.... Ideas anyone???

if he likes choppers then he probably wathces American Choppers on The Discovery Channel (assuming y'all have cable up there in Minn).

You can get the DVD sets of all the shows from seasons one thru three. Go to the discovery channel web site.

Problem solved :)

• Author
if he likes choppers then he probably wathces American Choppers on The Discovery Channel (assuming y'all have cable up there in Minn).

You can get the DVD sets of all the shows from seasons one thru three. Go to the discovery channel web site.

Problem solved :)

He doesn't watch much tv. He cant stand being indoors. He showers, sleeps and loves me in his apt that is about it. He gets up and he leaves the bldg. ASAP..

Doesn't like being in a box.

But I am surfing that website. American Choppers.

• Author
I think they have apparel as well if I'm not mistaken.

Yes they do. I was looking at it. He is searching for a specific type of shirt. I know what it is but can't find it. It must be out of stock now.