Does she like me, or like-like me?

bobbyb

Okay people I'm new here, but there's no need to go easy on me. I'm a new yorker and can handle the truth!

Here's my situation. I'm a guy and met this gal on myspace.com who lives about three blocks away from my apartment. We kept in touch by email and she kept hinting on meeting up. She gave me her cell phone number. We then kept in touch by phone and emails. Then she started to text message me. We finally went out "to meet" for the first time so I don't count that as a first date really.

We had some drinks, played some tunes on the jukebox and shot some pool. She gets off work really late so we didn't have much time together. I walked her home around 4am (yea I know) and was debating that whole awkward goodbye/kiss/hug ritual. Like I said I didn't consider this to be a date so I wasn't about to try to kiss someone after hanging out with them for 2 1/2 hours. Well, she solved it for me by slapping a kiss right on my lips! No tongue though :)

But before that happened, on the way home I asked her out on a date. She agreed.

We went on a date and everything was perfect. Lots of eye contact, smiling and joking, holding my arm, touching, etc. We even ended the night with some heavy making out. It was great. But here's were my vision gets blurry and my brain goes black. I get hit with the thunderbolt too easily and I can't read peoples' body language very well. Now by the sounds of this date, it seems like she's really into me and everything is going well.

BUT - She's stopped emailing me as often, and stops text messaging me. I don't want to be that guy that wants to hang out with her every second she's not working, but I can't help but want to see her all the time.

I dated two women before her that I thought were really into me but then dropped me out of nowhere which has left me sort of damaged.

I just wish she'd show some initiative or some obvious interest in me. She's never said, "Hey it'd be great to see you tonight", or, "I think you're cool and had fun - we should do this again" She makes no plans or anything like that. I'm the one always asking her out. Now, granted she's said yes both times. She's even invited herself over and stayed the night (whoa, didn't see that coming!) and things got a little frisky in the night. We've only gone on ONE official date, but we've hung out at least six other times. Each with some good ol' fashioned french kissing.

But what I'm trying to figure out, is if she really likes me the way I like her. I wouldn't call it love just yet but I can't stop thinking about her. She's playing it too cool and too slow for me. Normally I'd be cool with it all but valentines day is two weeks away and I obviously want to take her out.

Is there any signs or anything that I should be looking for? Why is this woman making me doubt myself so much. Why does she make me feel insecure?

The things she does to show she's interested:

-holds my arm while we walk

-lets me kiss her whenever, and whereever I want

-likes to cuddle with me and isn't afraid to do so infront of people

-brings me desserts :)

-has said, "i like you too" (which doesn't really mean anything)

But the things that show me she's not THAT interested:

-never compliments me (I compliment her about once everytime I see her)

-never asks personal questions about me

-doesn't make "plans" for things we can do together

-doesn't make the first moves, EVER

-her emails are very bland and not interesting like they used to be

-hasn't suggested that she thinks I'm cute or anything

-doesn't "pet" or do anything sexual but doesn't mind recieving

-will make plans with her friends on her days off instead of with me. I feel kinda dumb trying to "fit into her schedule" if ya know what I mean.

So any advice people? Am I rushing her? Or am I just paranoid and insecure right now? I just don't like the not-knowing factor. Well, we have a date tomorrow night so we'll see where that goes.

Any comments or advice, good, bad or ugly is much appreciated!

BH

• 1 month later...

-will make plans with her friends on her days off instead of with me. I feel kinda dumb trying to "fit into her schedule" if ya know what I mean.

Trust me, if it was the other way around, you'd probably be coy about moving things so quickly. No man wants a clingy, needy woman...men are turned off by that, so she's going about things the smart way...moving slow emotionally so you don't break her heart. Just becuz she's not complimenting you doesn't mean she's not thinking of it. The fact that you're wondering if she likes you or not means that her keeping cool, sitting tight is working. You can't expect someone to have magical emails all the time with the right words to say all the time...that's not a relationship, that's an expectation. She's also showing you she has a life as well...would you really dig a woman that drops her friends and is up ur behind 24/7...hell no!

I'm going through the same point right now, so I feel ya buddy.

Good luck!!!!! Just keep your cool...remember ur a guy, who's probably pretty kick-ass, so if you like her, tell her...but keep the flowery speeches at bay...just keep it simple, "I like you."

Trust me, if it was the other way around, you'd probably be coy about moving things so quickly. No man wants a clingy, needy woman...men are turned off by that, so she's going about things the smart way...moving slow emotionally so you don't break her heart. Just becuz she's not complimenting you doesn't mean she's not thinking of it. The fact that you're wondering if she likes you or not means that her keeping cool, sitting tight is working. You can't expect someone to have magical emails all the time with the right words to say all the time...that's not a relationship, that's an expectation. She's also showing you she has a life as well...would you really dig a woman that drops her friends and is up ur behind 24/7...hell no!

I'm going through the same point right now, so I feel ya buddy.

Good luck!!!!! Just keep your cool...remember ur a guy, who's probably pretty kick-ass, so if you like her, tell her...but keep the flowery speeches at bay...just keep it simple, "I like you."