By What Age Should A Woman Start Having Children?

buzzie2

This question stems from a conversation I had a couple of days ago with a male friend of mine. He is 39 and has never had kids, and told me he never wants the responsiblity of having a wife and kids. That is fine - for him. I told him that I wanted to have at least 3 children. Then he told me that I better get started right away, and that my biological clock was ticking.

I am only 27, and told him that I still had lots of time. But then he told me that the safest age to have children is when you're a late teen or in your early twenties. Now he has me all worried.

Can anyone give me some advice?

I think it's just after the age of 35, every year you wait dramatically increases the chances of down syndrome, but they chromosome tests for that.

That said, I'm 26, and my Mom calls me an old maid. Go fig. I don't really worry about it. I've been pregnant twice, with two miscarriages, one in the first trimester, one in beginning of the second. Both in my early 20s.

Anyways if you're worried, talk to your OBGYN.

I'm close to your age too and I'm probably not going to have children for a bunch of reasons, one of them being the age that I would even be able to start thinking about having them at this point in my life. There are risks associated with being older when you have your children but it's just that, a risk not a reason that you can't or shouldn't have children.

You will bounce back the fastest if you have children between 18 and 22. Since after 35 it can become high-risk, and because it's best (for your body) to wait a year or so between pregnancies, I would say that if you plan to have two or three children, it's probably best to start no later than your mid to late twenties. There are plenty of successful pregnancies 35 and up, though.

I think it's just after the age of 35, every year you wait dramatically increases the chances of down syndrome, but they chromosome tests for that.

That said, I'm 26, and my Mom calls me an old maid. Go fig. I don't really worry about it. I've been pregnant twice, with two miscarriages, one in the first trimester, one in beginning of the second. Both in my early 20s.

Blind is right after every year you wait you produce less and less eggs to fertilize the older you get.. Then there are risks with down sydrome and you have to have amnio to see if you have any birth defects .. If you want to have them i suggest not waiting too long .. After puberty hits you produce alot of eggs and each year it depreciates .I didn't get preggo with daughter till 25 had her 26 .. It wasn't bad at all .. Pretty easy .. Sorry Blind that you had two miscarriages .. My friend had one and then the same yr got preggo and her daughter is going to be 3 next week . She still misses that baby she was 12 wks ..

People here aren't doctors and don't know your personal health. You are best talking to your OBGYN and don't let the naysayers get to you.

I was 15 weeks (plus a few days). I had to give birth to the dead fetus. I was in labor for about 5 hours. It is the worst feeling in the world, IMO, to be in labor for a baby that has already passed.

I wrote about it on here. It was over a year ago. December 4, 2004.

I was 15 weeks (plus a few days). I had to give birth to the dead fetus. I was in labor for about 5 hours. It is the worst feeling in the world, IMO, to be in labor for a baby that has already passed.

I wrote about it on here. It was over a year ago. December 4, 2004.

So sorry to hear about that Blind i will check it out .. Yeah she didn't have to labor she passed it on her own .I don't think it fertilized right something .. Hugs to you Blind going through 2 one would be hard enough..

My girlfriend just had a baby and she is 41. My co-worker had her last kid when she was 45! They both have a healthy baby and labor.

my cousin and his wife had their first when she was 45 also.. perfectly healthy.. Their second they adopted a baby girl from china