What percentage of couples get back together after a break?

blah1234

What percentage of couples get back together after a break? Not a "break up" but just a break.

I know there is no real answer, but what are your estimations?

I say about 25% get back together.

In my personal experience, couples who have gotten back together have had a 0% success rate, although I'd agree about 25%, have tried another go - at least once :)

I'd say that the chances of surviving a second chance are around 25% or smaler in the percentage that does get back together, but I've never seen it work with people I know.

In my sake I hope that is the percentage becuase I don't want my guy going back with his ex. They have been broken up for 7 months now and has told me he will never go back to her because she was a controlling bytch and she left him. They were engaged...

I just hope I have nothing to fear!!!

What percentage of couples get back together after a break? Not a "break up" but just a break.

I know there is no real answer, but what are your estimations?

I say about 25% get back together.

Less than 5% get back together. Why?

Because one thing that happens after a breakup is no self-evaluation is done. You have to figure out why the breakup occured and then figure out what you need to change and make it permanent.

You have to change.

The Ex has to change.

The situation has to change.

If you go right back where you started, which is what happens in most reunions, you'll up breaking up again. It's a waste of time to get back together unless someone or something has changed significantly.

I don't think you can make a generalization like that. I think it all depends on what the situation is like. Why did you guys decide to go on a break?? And what did each person do while they were on the break?? I think in many instances people often need time to get away from each other to figure out what is going on in their lives. I think that if both of you decide you want to be together again and reflect on why you guys were on a break in the first place, then I think the relationship could be even stronger the second time around. People grow and change, this is just a natural part of relationships. There will always be bumps in the road.

I agree with Jumphigh. I know of many couples that have broken up and then have gotten back together and things worked out fine. It depends on the situation. I don't, however, believe that couples that have divorced and have tried to get back together have been able to work things out. That is very different. But couples that have dated and been in a relationship together can work things out and get back together.