Do shy guys do this when they like a girl?

Naomi32

There's a guy who at one point last year i told i liked him and he was dating someone at the time so nothing happened other than i felt humiliated and steered clear of him for a few months. Anyways, he is single again and whenever I see him he makes direct eye contact and smiles(but he won't come over and speak to me) but if i'm standing with friends or something he will come over and start talking to my friends and totally ignore me. He does that a lot. He always "happens to be" in my area but he won't come talk to me. Whats going on? What does he want from me?

I do this occasionally. It's when you know you like a girl. You know if you like something you'll stare at it more and give it more attention. Same thing with a girl. Only the guy doesn't want the girl to know he has a "crush" on her so he'll be conscious of this "drawing" effect and ignore it, but all this does is make the ignoring more noticeable. Why a guy doesn't want you to know about his crush depends on the situation. Right now for me there's this girl at work, which would make work complicated if anything went wrong and we both need the job for our resumés after college.

Anyway, he could be doing this because back then he said no or something and feels that he hurt you (you did avoid him for a while) so he's trying to avoid the subject. Or he wonders if you still feel the same about him, but feels a little embarrassed about asking you the question.

IMO, if you still like the guy and want to pursue a relationship try going up and talking to him when he's in this "smiling mode" and you're alone. Don't mention anything about him following you or smiling (some guys might not realize they're even smiling so it might befuddle him).

If you want him gone just go all psycho and bitch-slap him whenever he smiles.

GoodLuck!

I hate myself for being exactly the same, but I don't really have the guts to go up and start up a conversation with her (at least not yet).

I think you should really talk to him if you're interested. It's what I wish would happen, but probably won't, so.

Men love the chase, and he isn't chasing. You told him how you feel and he's staying away. That's your answer girl. He's ignoring you because he does not want to lead you on. He's hoping you are over it, but he's not taking any chances by approaching you alone or talking to you directly. You said he does that a lot.

Well, sweetie, he's going to keep doing it until he knows you are over this crush on him. He's trying to be a nice guy.

Turn the tables. How would you feel and act around a guy you aren't interested in but he has made it clear that he's interested in you? The same likely or you might avoid him completely.

Don't be the girl he tells his friends about in a negative way. Be the girl who has self esteem, self control, and moves on. That's very attractive. Confidence is very sexy. Get a clue and keep on moving, even if you don't feel like it. Do it enough times and it becomes a habit.

It's a choice that's under your control. Good Luck.

shy guys usually dont know how to approach a girl at all, and if he is able to approach your friends or whatnot and talk to them and ignore you...well then he isnt shy hes just tryin to be cocky or w/e and hope that you talk to him.

if he makes eye contact wit u and such then yeah theres interest, usually guys dont pay heed to a girl they dont like.

i dont think hes shy, i just think he doesnt know what to do or say around you, and feels more at ease when other people are around for him to talk to.

Start ignoring him. Don't even LOOK at him. If he approaches and joins the group, say bye to everybody and walk away. You do that a bunch of times you will have your answer. He talks to you after that, then he is interested. If he doesn't, then just let things be.

Sounds like a shy guy... I was that way, way back in high school. Hell, this is the new millenium, ask him out if you still really like him!

Be verbal, tell him to give you a call some time. Give him your number on a piece of paper when you say this. If he doesn`t take the bait then he is too far gone to deal with.

So, if you do this and he does call, tell him you would like to get together with him some time. Let him suggest the what , when and where. If he says what would you like to do, tell him he is man enough to decide for himself and if you like it you like it.

Maybe he likes you and maybe he doesn't. One things for sure, he sure is acting like a shy guy. Walk up to him when he smiles at you and strike up a conversation. Add a little flirting. Then he'll make his intentions known.