How do I let her know I don't want to just get in her pants?

TheRock

I screwed up what was a becoming a good relationship with a girl I'd been seeing for a little over a month by mentioning a sexual joke to early on in the relationship.

The minute I emailed it, I wished I could retract it.

Now I feel like there's no way to repair it. Feel like whatever I say makes it worse.

What I said was totally out of character for me and normally wouldn't have said something like that, but I was under alot of stress that day. Had 2 wakes to go to, a court case to deal with, on top of wanting to go out. Guess I was trying to make myself laugh and it carried over into my e-mail to her. I really want a relationship with her and purposely took it slow with her.

She cancelled out of our date last Friday and said she was sick. I called her yesterday\Sunday to see how she felt.

She finally returned my phone call from with an email this morning.

Said: Hi Mike! Thanks for the calls while I was sick....Feeling much better. How are you?

I emailed her when I got home from work at 3 and said: Hi Lisa! Glad to hear you're feeling better! I'm good. Just got in-worked for a friend today. How's your day going? Missed not seeing you last week. Wound up having to go to a wake anyway.

How's Tazzo for dinner or a Post-New Years drink Thursday or Friday night?

She usually texts or emails me right back.

Should I left out asking her out for this week and just played it cool? Or should I have our Mutual Friend intervene? How do I let her know that I don't just want to get in her pants?

I really don't think this girl is that into you. What you have to realize is that once you've turned a woman off, you can't turn her back on. Another thing...you're giving her too much wiggle room with an invitation like that. You've got to pin down a specific offer for a specific time. You basically listed every day from now to eternity when you told her Thursday or Friday. Another HUGE red flag here is the "answer his phone call with an e-mail" trick. A classic sign of low interest. My guess is that she's gonna blow some more smoke at you, because she doesn't have the heart to tell you to get lost. If she doesn't accept your offer or make a counteroffer for a date, then it's time to forget about her and move on to the next girl.