How would YOU describe being in love?

Second-best

Just curious as to what you all would describe as being in love... I've heard so many different things, and of course, experienced so many different things... and I know everyone's experiences are different and they don't follow a certain line or anything... but I was just wondering how/what YOU have experienced... I'd like to see the ranges :)

RecordProducer

I think about him 24/7. I feel wonderful when we're together. I love everything about him. He is the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't imagine myself with anyone else. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. :love:

Love... hmmm.. I think RP is still lusting, while also in love. :)

I would sacrifice my life for this person without hesitation.

That's the best I got.

Love = Sex. Sex. Sex. :D j/k

Being in love is when you bring him a beer while he watches the footie, with a big genuine smile on your face .... Being in love is when you laugh and playfully slap him when he farts under the duvet and holds your head under the duvet ....... Being in love is when you get up at 3am after he has comes in with all of his friends after a boys night out and you make them all steak and eggs ........ Being in love is squeezing the spots on his back ....... Being in love is crap and thats why I am staying single hahahhahhahaha

i realise i am in love when i know my bank balance is taking a big dip

Dude!! That's what my bf said to me today... something about high maintance... no money left.... stop shopping...

I forget. I was busy looking at stuff in the mall.

Frustrated_in_LA

Being in love is feeling your best, admiring them, a positive feedback loop of encouragement, affection, desire, excitement. Feeling sexy, feeling smart, feeling confident, playful, silly, ambitious, full of faith. Feeling safe. Feeling respect. Feeling lucky.

The best wedding vow I have ever heard:

I know that if somethng happens to me and I can't make my dreams come true, you know exactly what they are and they will live on with you.

Another friend once told me their relationship works because she and her partner made a decision that no matter what, breaking up is not an option. So, that leaves working it out, whatever it is. That has meant both avoiding things that will strain their relationship and making sure they get the tools to work it out if they find they don't have 'em available.

So, I guess love is also the decision to keep your commitments to each other, to always work it out, and feeling good about that decision.

being in love for me right now is crushing on someone like im 13 again! and im glowing like i just came outa a nuclear reactor! :laugh:

:love:

that icon just about some's it up!

Frustrated_in_LA
being in love SUCKS!!!!!!!! Get out of it nowwwwwwwwwww hahhahaha

a friend of mine used to pine:

"Ahhh, love. Where, oh where is thy painful sting??"

Just curious as to what you all would describe as being in love... I've heard so many different things, and of course, experienced so many different things... and I know everyone's experiences are different and they don't follow a certain line or anything... but I was just wondering how/what YOU have experienced... I'd like to see the ranges

At the beginning of my relationship it was love, lust, intense sexual attraction, perfection, that honeymoon phase...Thought and fantasized about him alot when I wasn't with him.

Once that settled down, I knew it was more than just lust. I was crushing on him before we even hooked up. He had NO clue I was interested in him! (Talk about needing a 2x4!! :laugh: )

Right now, 13 years or so later - I do love him. Sometimes I feel like I have a crush on him too! Not only do I love him, but I like him. Then there are times I dislike him and he bugs the crap out of me. That is love! He loves and accepts me as I am, just as I do him.

HokeyReligions

It's been to long, I don't remember. It's what made me say "I Do" all those many years ago. I should have listened more carefully to what I was 'I do'ing' to! Drat that small print in the marriage contract!

;)

Loving someone is, IMHO, slightly different than being in love. We were playing a board game for couples a long time ago and one of the questions was something like; You must walk into a dark room. Your partner is walking into a dark room next to you. One of you will die. Whoever turns the light on first is the one to die. How long do you wait in the dark quiet of your thoughts before you turn on the light?

My answer was that I would be reaching and flipping the switch on as soon as the door opened wide enough for me to get my hand inside. I guess that means I love him. sigh.

One partner of another couple playing (who is terrified of dark closed in spaces) answered "I wouldn't turn it on, I would sit and wait until someone came and got me" That couple is not together any more.

RecordProducer
It's an infection that has no cure.
Actually your body slowly removes the virus as time goes by. :laugh: It's not only sexually transmittable but it also transmits through air. :p

being in love............................................

1) meeting mentally , I knew when he knew what I was thinking about before I said anything.

2)verbally , he seems to flow in conversation even when everyone else is confused as to what were talking about.

3) we are a good match physically, not only in the sack but he can keep up with me at the gym , and we have common outdoor activities.

I would the feeling of love as , trusting , respectful, proud , soft , emotional ,occasional warm fuzzy pride in the human that I love swelling in my chest.