I love you like a rotting egg on a cops car

Walk

I was cuddled up with my bf after sex the other night, and thought it was a good time to try and tell him how deeply in love with him I am. I've been thinking about it for the last several day's, and how no one I've ever known has really affected me so strongly, even when we're arguing, or getting along. He's the only man I've ever wanted to marry and change my name for.

So I take a deep breath, and say "You know the other night when you drooled all over my pillow? I really thought that was cute."

He gives me this look like I've lost my mind. And I'm furiously trying to find words to explain why I just said that. I say, "I'm just trying to say, that even after almost 2 years, I still think it's cute when you drool on my pillow."

I get another "your crazy" look, and he say's "Uhm, of course."

So, I try again. "I'm just trying to say I really love you."

He asks why. My mind freezes. WHY??? OMG. and I'm thinking, cause I do? But what do I say. Saying "cause I do" sounds lame and like I don't really.

So I list off several things, like he's sexy, and he's good to me, and I love his personality, and because he's unique. But it all sounded so... lame. Like I only love him for what he does for me.

Finally, I just say, "I love you a lot."

Doh.

I sounded like a twelve year old. I felt like I was trying to explain why the ocean has water in it and where it all came from.

Someone else tell me they've had situations like this, please.

Anyone have any great ideas on expressing love to a guy, that's not cliche?

slubberdegullion

"Well, if you liked the drool on the pillow, you'll love the present I left you on the kitchen floor!"

• Author
"Well, if you liked the drool on the pillow, you'll love the present I left you on the kitchen floor!"

Hmm... I'm not big on the golden shower thing.

And if it's brown, I'm afraid your nose is going in it. That's it! Bad slubberdegullion. Bad. *roll up newspaper*

• Author

noclobber: Yeah... but I only ever post the bad stuff on here, so all the LS'ers ever see are the negatives.

And really, the above is a superb example of my extrodinary speaking skills.

"I.. uh... uh... like you.. lots."