any opinion helpful

starr3546

so i lost my cell phone on saturday...so i sent out a mass email yesterday morning really early to everyone on my mailing list to please send me their cell phone numbers. Well i didn't even think about it but R.'s email adress was in there. He sent me back an email with his number nothing more. Why would he does this? We never talked about seeing each other anymore after he broke up with me...that is weird! Do u think maybe that is a sign that he wouldn't mind if i called him sometime....i mean if he didn't want to talk to me anymore wouldn't he just not respond...i wouldn't have even noticed that i sent him an email, until he responded....if u don't know about my story with him, you can read the thread why does it hurt so bad?? please help, and if you read the posts by starr3546, in the break up section u will know the story, but whether u want to look and read about it is up to you; i just wanna hear peoples opion about what u think he was thinking about when he left the number and sent it to my email.... but if you read the thread you will understand my story!! I mean if he wanted to break up and let that be it wouldn't he just not email me back and ignore it? It is kinda like he is opening a door for communication. Also iknew his number by heart... i mean doesn't everyone know their bf's or gf's# .... anything u guys think would be most helpfull thanks....

Question. The mass email that you sent... What'd you say in it? I mean, did it say "Hi everyone. I lost my phone and need to replace the numbers, so could all of you send me your numbers?" Was it worded so there was no misunderstanding that it was going to a bunch of people? Or could he have thought you only sent it to him?

I have not read everything in the past. But just because you have his phone-number, does not mean:

a) that you should put it in your new cell

b) that calling him would be a wise move

c) that there suddenly is something that was not there before

He may have assumed anything. So don't get your hopes up. If what you say is right, he could also have used his fingers, to write emails, to call you. Communication is a two-way street. Not something for which he is impaired 100 percent.

And if he refuses to talk about your relationship in an adult fashion, there is no reason for you to beg him to talk - and the reason for the breakup does sound quite weird. He may have been right about the lack of time you could spend together, but considering it is only 5 weeks until you would move, it seems a weird thing to suddenly, with only 5 weeks to go. I mean he did not drunkenly enroll for school in the last week of October, now did he?

And if you are fearsome something is going to happen, as your boyfriend may have been, he might have tried to talk to you about these fears, in the hope of addressing them. He did not do that either.

He has your # too. He probably knows where you stand, but does not care to address your issues. I doubt if he is willing to keep making any effort, so any attempt to address things would be fruitless.

Don't read more into it than you must. He seems not to want to lose the communication with you completely. But it has to be on his terms. You do not need that.

He sent me back an email with his number nothing more. Why would he does this? We never talked about seeing each other anymore after he broke up with me...that is weird! Do u think maybe that is a sign that he wouldn't mind if i called him sometime....

I'd take it as a sign that he doesn't view you as a scary, stalking ex who he must withhold his number from. I wouldn't view that as sufficient reason to get in touch with a guy who broke up with me, but it's your call.

What about the idea of shooting him a short email back, just stating 'thank you for the phone number, here's my new number, hope your life is going well.' End of email.

No, "call me", or "I wanna be with you until I die, and I hate my life."

I'm assuming you have a different # if you lost your phone...? If you email him, assume he's never going to call you and go on with your life. I have some ex's that I wouldn't mind giving my number to if they asked, in the hopes that they'd only call in an emergency situation. Not that I wanted to get back together with them, but just because I had cared about them as a person.

Don't read too much into his email. And don't throw yourself back into a situation that's going to make you miserable again.

• Author
Question. The mass email that you sent... What'd you say in it? I mean, did it say "Hi everyone. I lost my phone and need to replace the numbers, so could all of you send me your numbers?" Was it worded so there was no misunderstanding that it was going to a bunch of people? Or could he have thought you only sent it to him?

ya it was defenetly worded to a bunch of people....I twas worded to m friend who i talked to in the email.. below is the full email...

Hey everyone, i lost my cell, i mean come on what else is new! Seriously i am so freaking unlucky all the time i don't know how i manage to get myself into these situations. I so live in a bubble....So will you all please email me your phone numbers, and alicia email me with ur cell and apt phone so i have both! I am definetlly going to start an excell sheet with everyone's phone numbers that way if this happens again, which i am sure it will, i don't have to feel so lost... Heather my little roomie email me back if your comin over tonight so i know; tell Brian your spending the night with your true love!!!! O' and Nacole, shlee, and Heathie, if you guys wanna go out thurs let me know and i will stay in T-Town and we'll go out....Ok ttyl guys loves~ kim

• Author

And if he refuses to talk about your relationship in an adult fashion, there is no reason for you to beg him to talk - and the reason for the breakup does sound quite weird. He may have been right about the lack of time you could spend together, but considering it is only 5 weeks until you would move, it seems a weird thing to suddenly, with only 5 weeks to go.

He has brought this fear up before....also it isn't that i am so far right now as much as even if i am home, it is going to be difficult...he says he just can't see the time for me...I mean i think it is complete crap, even if he bartending every tthursday, fri, sat...we could still see each other in the dday or maybe once or twice a week hang out....he just thinks i will get sick of not having more attention.....

• Author

And if he refuses to talk about your relationship in an adult fashion, there is no reason for you to beg him to talk - and the reason for the breakup does sound quite weird. He may have been right about the lack of time you could spend together, but considering it is only 5 weeks until you would move, it seems a weird thing to suddenly, with only 5 weeks to go.

He has brought this fear up before....also it isn't that i am so far right now as much as even if i am home, it is going to be difficult...he says he just can't see the time for me...I mean i think it is complete crap, even if he bartending every tthursday, fri, sat...we could still see each other in the dday or maybe once or twice a week hang out....he just thinks i will get sick of not having more attention.....but he says he doens't even know if he will hae that much time to spend with me....personally i think his reasoning is crap...but i can't go believe that he just wasn't that into me either, because of the way he acted toward me....i just don't get it