I put a girl I met on the back burner for 2-3 months, do I still have a chance?

BigB

I met a girl back in August at work, she was doing training here but ended up working somewhere else.

She gave me her email address toward the end of the shift, emails started friendly, then seemed to hint that she wanted me to ask her out. She repeatedly told me her days off, called me sweet, said she missed talking to me, and said she wanted to hang out sometime...

I've been putting off asking her out because I was busy chasing another girl:o . We've been emailing, but I've been really bad about emailing back promptly. I've been kinda short with my emails, not talking much, telling her I'm very busy, etc.

She still puts little xoxo's at the end of her emails, and called me sweet heart last week.

I sent her email (I don't have her number) this morning and asker her out (well, I asked her to hang out over coffee or a movie and get to know each other better)

I told her that I realized she's a really sweet, really cool girl, and that I'd be an idiot to pass up a chance to get to know her better:cool:.

I also threw my phone number in the email, she didn't have it before.

I never planned to play hard-to-get, but I think that's what ended up happening...:o

Think I still have a chance? or do you think she got sick of waiting?

I think she's off work for a couple days, so I may not hear anything till Friday...

What happened to the other girl?!?! :confused: The one that you were/are seeing.

I think you have a chance with the back burner girl....depending on her circumstances. She could be with someone else by now.

• Author
What happened to the other girl?!?! :confused: The one that you were/are seeing.

I think you have a chance with the back burner girl....depending on her circumstances. She could be with someone else by now.

The other girl suddenly feels very guilty about "cheating" on her online boyfriend that she's never met:rolleyes: and doesn't want to talk to me for a while.

She's going to meet her boyfriend in about 2 weeks and I don't think I'll be hearing from her before then. Soooooo, since I'm technically still single I figured I'd hang out with back-burner girl (aka work chick :p ) and see where that might go. Assuming she's not with someone else by now....

Honestly, for yourself (and kind of for back burner girl too), I think you need to decide what you want. There's no point in settling for someone. It's not fair to make back burner girl second fiddle without telling her that you're not serious (I remember from a while back that she REALLY liked you)....nor do I think you're doing yourself any justice settling for second best. That said, there's no harm in casual dating until you find the right one....doesn't sound like front burner girl is going to make for a great relationship.....that's just my opinion though.

I'd find a different girl altogether. The front burner gal isn't interested enough in you and you really don't seem that interested in the work gal. Let back burner know you wouldn't mind hanging out as friends and see if she responds. If she really likes you don't lead her on unless you feel things might go in that direction.

You definitely have a chance with the back burner girl. You'd be surprised how long a girl will wait for you to make a move if they are truly interested. As long as you didn't directly blow off any of her attempts, you should still be fine. From what I've seen, you've just been hard to get - being busy etc...which is okay.

And I know in previous posts you mentioned that you haven't had a girlfriend in a long time. If the back burner girl is still interested, I would definitely give her a shot. You need to find a girl so you can get back in the game, if you know what I mean. Even if you aren't dying to be with her, just getting into the dating scene will help you out in the long run. If after a few dates nothing it's not working out, then you can stay as 'friends'...no harm done.

You definitely have a chance with the back burner girl. You'd be surprised how long a girl will wait for you to make a move if they are truly interested. As long as you didn't directly blow off any of her attempts, you should still be fine. From what I've seen, you've just been hard to get - being busy etc...which is okay.

And I know in previous posts you mentioned that you haven't had a girlfriend in a long time. If the back burner girl is still interested, I would definitely give her a shot. You need to find a girl so you can get back in the game, if you know what I mean. Even if you aren't dying to be with her, just getting into the dating scene will help you out in the long run. If after a few dates nothing it's not working out, then you can stay as 'friends'...no harm done.

What the hell is it with people nowadays? You are talking about a person with feelings and I do not think she knows and would be pleased that she was chosen to be the rebound girl for someone who didn't manage to get girl #1. No freaking need to give someone else the feeling that she's just second best and can be used to kill your time and provide you with an ego boost till you're ready for the 'real' relationship.

Damn egoists!

• Author

Thanks for the reply's everyone.

I did ask "work chick" to "hang out and get to know each other better" not a direct date exactly, but date-like. I suggested coffee or a movie.

I got an email from her today, and she still seems to be interested. She said she's kinda busy right now, but she'd love to hang out, and said she'd call me in the next few days.

I don't think of her as a rebound, if anything the first girl was a rebound from my LTR that went REALLY bad 6-7 years ago ( I haven't been on a date since).

"work chick" is a cool girl, very sweet, and I did hit it off with her when she did some training here at work. She said in her last email that she wanted to kiss me that night while I was training her:o . We had good chemistry, and I did/do like her.

It was about 2-3 weeks after that that I got interested in the first girl, and got caught up in that. The first girl has been a friend of mine for a long time, and I didn't want to juggle the two of them. So I went with the friend at the time(the internet boyfriend came into the picture about a month after that, and like an idiot, I didn't walk away) because I knew her better where "work chick" I've only met once.

I figure I owe it to myself to try and get back into the game, try and start a good relationship. I need to stop kidding myself and chasing after the first girl while she's still hung up on her internet boyfriend, walk away from that drama for a while, and give this nice available girl a chance.

I figure we'll hang out as friends once or twice and see where things go, and I fully intend to explain why I didn't respond to her right away when the time comes.