Ugly People

Nomad

How do ugly people get together? I'm short & unattractive. What hope do I have of EVER finding even a half-way attractive girlfriend/wife/whatever? I see ugly couples together sometimes...do they REALLY find each other attractive? How can I date a girl I don't find attractive, simply because she was the best I could get with my looks?

How do ugly people get together? I'm short & unattractive. What hope do I have of EVER finding even a half-way attractive girlfriend/wife/whatever? I see ugly couples together sometimes...do they REALLY find each other attractive? How can I date a girl I don't find attractive, simply because she was the best I could get with my looks?

My God man! You have posted on this topic for awhile and you still don't get it. How would anybody find you attractive with such an attitude? You need counseling to get past the negative image you have about yourself.

Please seek out someone who deals in body/looks disorders. You are probably not as bad as you imagine. Even Quasimodo had his appeal.:)

I am considered unattractive to by most people. Some girls find me attractive though, now i am only a junior in highschool and had one girl friend, but i found her to be pretty, not amazingly hot, but i thought i could deal with her looks quite fine. It is my burden to tell you that life is not fair. For those of us that are ugly we cannot have sexy girlfriends like pretty boys have simply becuase we were unlukcy and were not born with great looks. It is simply darwinism. But, by no means necassary, give up hope. There is always a chance that some attractive girl will find you and like the way you look. Furthermore, you have nothing to lose. You only live once, get out there and utilize your great personality to seduce a woman. Every guy has it in them.

• Author

I wouldn't post this if it weren't the truth, not just my low self-esteem talking. Several people over the course of my life (I'm about 26) have called me unattractive in some way or another, sometimes to my face or sometimes as an offhand comment. And my EXTREMELY low success with online dating has more or less cemented this fact. Shortness doesn't help, either.

It's become clear to me I"m NEVER gonna get a decent-looking girlfriend (or even DATE). So how is it that ugly people get together with each other? Do you just have to take an ugly girl & hope her looks "grow on" you???

It's become clear to me I"m NEVER gonna get a decent-looking girlfriend (or even DATE). So how is it that ugly people get together with each other? Do you just have to take an ugly girl & hope her looks "grow on" you???

Here's your problem. You haven't learned that looks are skin deep and beauty comes from within. You can't learn to love who you are because of your outside, you don't realize that it's of little importance. Once you understand that looks are not important you will find those girls that you find "ugly" on the outside will most likely be the ones that are most beautiful on the inside. Work on being happy with who you are and the rest will follow. :)

I feel that outcast, looney and scratch could be of help in answering your questions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wear a bag over your head and call yourself The Unknown Comic. Everything old is new again and no one has tried that one in a while. you may be an instant hit.

To the OP, what is beautiful or attractive? Heck, what is sexy, hot, and what is it to be a hunk? Think to yourself, you've been programmed from day 1 to look a certain way, and to look for a certain look, it is called socializing! What you've got to do if you don't want to be judged, is stop judging! Don't look for the most beautiful woman, but look for the one that you have a attraction to. That doesn't mean they have to look a certain way, that just means they spark an interest in you. However, if you don't have confidence in yourself, then anyone that you approach, is going to see that, and they aren't going to be attracted to you. Show some confidence and you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish.

In summary, stop judging others, and get some confidence in yourself. No one is beautiful or attractive to everyone, so just because someone says that to you doesn't mean you aren't attractive to someone else!

Here is a test, everyone from this post on, post an actress/actor that is the most beautiful, sexy, etc. in your opinion! I bet, that no two answers will be the same!

Here's your problem. You haven't learned that looks are skin deep and beauty comes from within. You can't learn to love who you are because of your outside, you don't realize that it's of little importance. Once you understand that looks are not important you will find those girls that you find "ugly" on the outside will most likely be the ones that are most beautiful on the inside. Work on being happy with who you are and the rest will follow. :)

Good post, JS. Sadly, he probably won't listen to your advice. He can't be happy with himself because he feels like life has delt him a cruel hand. I still think counseling would do you a world of good. Think about it.:)

Good post, JS. Sadly, he probably won't listen to your advice. He can't be happy with himself because he feels like life has delt him a cruel hand. I still think counseling would do you a world of good. Think about it.:)

Well thank you Jayhawks :) I agree on the counseling front but I think everyone needs it :laugh: Unfortunately I think you have to really want help and want to change and be committed to make counseling work. If you're really unhappy, a counselor will be able to help you.

Time for some therapy and I'm not joking. Your attitude and way of thinking is so wrong.

I went to school with a girl who was very very large. Let's leave it at that. I tell ya, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why she always had a boyfriend! I liked her and she was an aquaintence of mine, we travelled in the same group at times and hung out...

Now I look back and you know what? She had self confidence. She didn't give a s*** that she had a weight issue. She was secure within herself and oozed that, so remember...Positive energy and being happy attracts people. Fat, ugly, beautiful, skinny, whatever...It doesn't matter, it's all inside and what YOU think and believe that counts.

Do you have alot of friends? Are you outgoing or shy? Are you happy with WHO you are (I mean, inside, not by how you look) because all these things count.

There are MANY very beautiful women and some good looking men who are very insecure too. At the end of the day I would rather have someone I love for WHO they not by how they look! Looks fade in life, personality doesn't. Remember that!

AlmostMarried77

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/ladderintro.html

contains some swearing.

It's pretty funny, don't take it seriously but it does raise some points and might help you think about the whole thing.

My advice would be to give up on trying to find the "pretty" girl, you're only 17, just try and have some fun. You'll fall in love with the right girl when the time is right. You can't force the issue

slubberdegullion
well if we r gonna talk bout looks im fat but i dress nicely and im starting exercising if u'd like to see a picture of me http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/7664/biggie0036pz.jpg

i got shot down by the perfect girl ! she was sweet , beutifull , genourous ...i posted why.

What's with the hands? Arthritis?

I hate to chime in with the standard buzzword but self-esteem is the issue here. Now, I have no solutions to fixing one's self-esteem -- if I did, I wouldn't have been single the past 10 years but here's what happens with ugly guys who have high or adequate self-esteem:

(a) Some good-looking women find them attractive because a significant portion of women value self-esteem so highly that they can completely look past a person's looks and be attracted to their confidence anyway.

(b) People with high self-esteem often find the trait of people resembling themselves to be an attractive one. If a guy is fat and ugly but thinks he's attractive anyway, it is easier for him to meet a fat, ugly woman and think she's attractive anyway.

I'm short & unattractive. What hope do I have of EVER finding even a half-way attractive girlfriend/wife/whatever?

Hmm lets see NOMAD....get an education and then a good job, work hard , get promotions and make lots 'o money. Or, start your own business and make lots 'o money. Good looking women love money.... If you drive a large BMW and have a nice 3,000 sq ft. home in a ritzy part of town then you'll have plenty of nice looking young women around you...

A man with money is very attractive to many women no matter what he looks like physically.

Hmm lets see NOMAD....get an education and then a good job, work hard , get promotions and make lots 'o money. Or, start your own business and make lots 'o money. Good looking women love money.... If you drive a large BMW and have a nice 3,000 sq ft. home in a ritzy part of town then you'll have plenty of nice looking young women around you...

A man with money is very attractive to many women no matter what he looks like physically.

Wonderful advice... especially if Nomad wants the worst of the worst in women.

Bravo! :D

Nomad the consistent theme in these posts is that you have to WORK on yourself before you are going to get what you want. Alpha says work on the external things like money, nice house and etc. others say work on the internal things like your self esteem and confidence.

The internal things like self esteem and confidence are the most important because once you have them you carry them with you where ever you go. The external things will be hard to get if you don't have the inner things.

Your looks have little to do with your success in dating women of your choice. I've personally seen short, balding, fat men attract beautiful women. They did have confidence, self esteem and dressed well--not Mr. GQ but not Mr. TrailerPark either.

alpha! you're a supporter of the Gold Pile game. I likes your style.

Wonderful advice... especially if Nomad wants the worst of the worst in women.

Bravo! :D

So many here have reminded me that gold diggers are people too. Now someone calls them the worst.

U-R-confusing- G-Pile:confused:

Alpha says work on the external things like money, nice house and etc. others say work on the internal things like your self esteem and confidence.

I believe, CRAIG, that I also said get educated and get a good job. You cannot do these things without drive and confidence. An education also gives you self-esteem and confidence. Few people in life become successful without self esteem and confidence unless they win the Lotto :)

One does not see too many physicians or CEOs or lawyers that have low self esteem and little confidence....