Gym = Awful place to meet women.

Super89Rex

Man for the second time this week I got pretty much the **(& off look from another chick at the gym.. I was just being nice, introduced myself; and they just look at you like your a freak.. LOL Never again, anyone else have any stories about this?

I am a female ,from the other side yes i go to workout not be social in anyway i pay to go there ,the men stare ,gawk at U,sometimes approach &its annoying!!

I am working out what about says i want to be hit on?or have a conversion with anyone there?

If i was looking for a man the gym would not be the place i would look.

My time is precious sometimes i only have 30minutes .

And it makes me feel uncomfortable as well.

I also go to the gym to work out and I find it EXTREMELY annoying when guys approach me/gawk. I'm not single, but even if I were, the gym is the last place I would go to meet guys.

A voice in my head screams "Gaaghh...Get thee back to hell, Satan!!!" when a strange man joins me in the sauna - or, worse still, in the jacuzzi.

You have to smile politely as you share the facilities, but I don't care how gorgeous he is...the sight and sound of a big hairy bloke puffing, gasping and spreading himself out next to you ruins the relaxing bubbly bath experience. Unless he happens to be your partner (and even then, cut out the bloody noise mate! I know you're there, no need to make a song and dance about it.) Every woman I've ever conversed with in the sauna or the jacuzzi has expressed similar sentiments.

As for the gym, well....the idea of anyone eyeing my arse up as I'm doing the hamster thing on a treadmill is unnerving.

Forget About Her

My ex-girlfriend used to get hit on constantly at the gym. It's the last place girls go to meet guys. They are there to keep in shape and stay healthy, not to meet guys. They are sweaty, their hair is frizzy, they generally feel pretty gross when they are working out, and they don't care, b/c they are not there to meet a boyfriend.

I would never hit on a girl at the gym, unless she came on to me

I think (here in USA) places like "curves for women" and other all female gyms do well because women can work-out in peace.

I've been thinking about adding gym time to my routine. I'm concerned about my gold chains flying around and the slippage (off my sweaty wrist) of my Rolex copy.

I'll be the guy with the expensive travel brochures partially tucked into my sweatpants.

I'm concerned about my gold chains flying around and the slippage (off my sweaty wrist) of my Rolex copy.

Heavy duty tape is the answer to that. Remember to take all the gold off in the sauna. If you see a furious little woman glowering and hiding in the corner of the sauna as you go in there....Hi, it's me :)

I'll be the guy with the expensive travel brochures partially tucked into my sweatpants.

Remember to roll them up first.

Quote:

Remember to roll them up first.

Is that a brochure in my pants, or am I just glad to see you?

I was tired of getting hit on at the gym, so I joined a 24 Hour Fitness that had a private wing for women only attached to the locker room...sometimes men would go in there to work out, being a smartass saying that by law it wasn't enforceable for them to be excluded...these guys were of course the worse sort I was trying to avoid in the first place.

I have now joined a very exclusive gym where such behavior by any of the members would get them booted out...the stuff women have to go through...unless the girl working out makes eye contact and welcomes flirting, guys should get a clue and leave them alone because chances are you are not the first to have approached her during the workout and she is sick of having to be the "bad one" rejecting every guy - nice or not nice - who wants her attention.

Is that a brochure in my pants, or am I just glad to see you?

I see. So it was YOU who interrupted my peace and solitude in the sauna earlier on this evening. :mad:

I was tired of getting hit on at the gym, so I joined a 24 Hour Fitness that had a private wing for women only attached to the locker room...sometimes men would go in there to work out, being a smartass saying that by law it wasn't enforceable for them to be excluded...these guys were of course the worse sort I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Would those be the same loud grunters who tap their feet impatiently and stare intimidatingly at your breasts if you dare to use THEIR machine for more than 2 minutes?

Would those be the same loud grunters who tap their feet impatiently and stare intimidatingly at your breasts if you dare to use THEIR machine for more than 2 minutes?

Oh my gosh...don't remind me!:eek: Whenever I meet a guy who says he goes to the gym, it takes me a minute to get my bearings straight, as I get a flash of many bad characters that race through my head . . .:confused:

In my gym people talk to eachother all the time; I guess its known to be one of the more social gyms in the area. In fact, I've also heard it to rumored to be the "hook up" gym. I didn't join it to hook up with anyone, but within my first two weeks there I noticed a guy that I couldn't get my mind off of. After more than a month of glances back and forth, I made a move to strike up a conversation. We went out that night for dinner, and ended up dating for six months.

We don't date anymore, but I still end up talking to someone new about once a week there. It's more friendly than anything, no overt oogling and just very rarely the inappropriate "hey shorty, can I get to know ya" talk. Sometimes I'm not in the mood and really just want to be in my own zone for the whole time, but a lot of times I look forward to the social atmosphere and it serves as motivation for me to go.

If you really want to impress a girl at the gym, compliment her on her muscles (assuming shes doing weights). Its nice to be recognized for something other than your ass or breasts.

Oh my gosh...don't remind me!:eek: Whenever I meet a guy who says he goes to the gym, it takes me a minute to get my bearings straight, as I get a flash of many bad characters that race through my head . . .:confused:

:laugh: I remember being shown round a gym I joined a few years back. The guy who was giving me the guided tour pointed to a door and said "take a deep breath, I'm going to show you the apes' enclosure", so I took a deep breath...then he opened the door and I was met with the sight and sound of a steamy weights room packed with representatives of team steroid. I'm sure you can imagine the the ear-blasting and distressingly coital noises that were emanating from there.

The staff member quickly shut the door, explaining "We just lock them all in there so that they can grunt, howl and bark at the moon without ruining everyone else's day."

It was the first example of an enlightened gym I had seen. Pricey, but worth it.