That was pathetic...

Crono69

I went to the store today to get soda and its not really busy so I got to the last register and the girl there is like "Oh, noone wants to come to me" and we make small talk and Im about to leave and as I say have a good day she interupts and keeps talking to me so I go back but I dont remember what she said. I ask her how long shes been working and I said I would like to see you sometime and I whip out my reciept and ask for her # she stalls a bit and then writes it down and says Im not suppose to do this. I was thinking she was giving me a fake # because of her reaction. I said see you sometime and she was beet red! I look at her number in my car and she wrote her name and 2 #s Cell phone and home phone with the area code! So maybe it isnt fake? Problem is... I didnt give her my name! Now what do I do if its real? She wont know who I am! Should I even bother calling?

Whats the worst that could happen if you called the numbers?

So you forgot to give her your name.. she forgot to ask..

Call the number (sheesh I'm impressed she gave you 2 numbers!) for real I'm thinking IF she was giving you a fake number she would've stopped at 1 fake number ya know?

Anyway, call the number.. remind her who you are (you were in the store buying soda) tell her you forgot to give her your name and go from there.

Good Luck

call and tell your ur the guy from the line in the store, her reaction says she probably doesn't make that a habit, and that your sorry but in the middle of it all you didn't introduce yourself properly.

Not a biggie, if you do want to call and you are interested do it.:)

Dude call.. Getting the digits is the hard part.

all you have to say is Hi this is so and so from the store .. etc etc..

and take it from there.. all you have to do is call.. If you get a machine leave a message and say something like I will try you later on or if you like you can call me at xxx-xxx-xxx

Good Luck

Of course you should call her! If she was giving you faux digits, she wouldn't have given you her home and cell numbers! Call her and explain that you're they guy she "wasn't supposed to give her number to...the one from the check out lane." Then you can give her you name and lightly apologize for not giving it to her before. Just don't wait more than a few days to call, or she may not remember you! :p

• Author

1st off, both #s were real so. Both #s I called I got the same name which was also the same name she gave me and the same name on her name tag.

Ok, I called her Wednesday and I was planning on calling her cell# but I got her home #... I think either her mother or a roomate answered and I told her this was ______ and to tell Kelly to call me back. She said ok (but Kelly doesnt know my #) so I asked her Mother/roomate if she had paper and a pen and she sighed. I told her my name and # and to call me back. Should I have just said Id call back? Maybe that was a bad move. Anyways she didnt call me today either because shes working right now/busy or her mother/roomate didnt write down ****. Anyways I called and left a message saying my name and told her stuff like I was buying soda and you were all alone at your register and ^^^^ I took your advice and said I was the guy you werent suppose to give your number to. I said I called to see what you were doing and if you wanted to watch a movie tomorrow night and If youre interested call me back at >Notgoingtogivemy#hahaha< Maybe I shouldnt have said "If youre interested" I dont know what else to have said so I guess Ill just have to wait and see if she calls. If not then Ill just throw the # away. Did I do anything wrong? I was kinda nervous when speaking on the phone so that might have hurt me.

Btw, would a girl ever give a # to someone that they werent interested in?

You shouldn't have asked her to hang out until you actually had her on the phone instead of leaving it via voicemail.. Whatever you do though don't call her again because you already did and she now knows your number so there is no excuse for her to not call you back (unless she isn't interested) I would say wait about 1 week and if you don't hear anything from her by then, then maybe call again but this time do not leave a message.. if she doesn't return it after that then you should have your answer..

btw yes a girl will give her # to someone they aren't interested in.. I have gotten a lot of numbers from clubs and what not and they were all real but most of them don't answer and don't call back after I have called and left a message.. Its not really good to leave a message when you first call a girl I have heard.. Girls like to use their voicemails to screen calls sometimes. haha. Now if i call a girl I try not to leave a voicemail..

Peace

RecordProducer

No, I don't think you've done everything wrong. But don't throw away her number. She started the conversation with you, you asked her for her number, she gave it to you, you called her and now if she calls you, you will be even. Girls want the guys to do the chasing, ya know. ;)

I would go to the store and buy something stupid (like chewing gum and nothing else) just to show her that you come there only because of her, not to shop. Then you can personally ask her to hang out with you on Friday or take a walk after work or whatever. Don't be afraid to do all the effort. You don't have to invest equally at the beginning. You are expected to do all the effort anyway. Given that you know she likes you, it should be easy for you.

The fact that she gave you three numbers means she really likes you and wants you to be able to get in touch with her easily. I am only concerned about her statement that she wasn't supposed to give you her numbers. She might actually have a boyfriend. So I would ask her very soon whether she has one. And tell her to be honest or LS-ers will go there to kick her ass! :p:bunny::D

RP is right, it would seem obvious that she wanted to stay in touch with you since she gave you both numbers. Although, the situation at the time might be part of the reason. She was obviously lonely at the store, so you seem like a cool guy to pass the time with. So at that moment, she is desperate for anyone to talk to in order to make the day go quicker. I've done the same at work sometimes...very few customers are in the store, and maybe I meet a couple girls who are in there shopping. Part of the 'interest' on my part is the fact that I'm bored...so anyone that seems cool enough in order to pass the time I will have a favourable opinion of. But whether I'd actually want to follow through with that interest after looking back on it is a different story.

But anyways, you already called once and left your number...then you called again and left a message. That's more than enough effort IMO. I mean...if she was interested wouldn't she call back? You've done your share on this one, so the only thing I would do in your position is just to go on with your life. If she calls, great. If not, then move on to the next.

PS - And in answer to one of your questions, girls give their numbers out all the time even if they aren't interested in dating you. However, it does seem odd for her to give you so much contact info but not follow through at all. I wish you the best.

Dude, think of how many times people out there get numbers from people they don't remember and vice versa.

Just say you're the guy from the store. Plain and simple.

RecordProducer
Dude, think of how many times people out there get numbers from people they don't remember and vice versa.

Just say you're the guy from the store. Plain and simple.

Hahah! :lmao: In the meanwhile they got married and have 5 kids, Kevin! :p

Crono- I agree with RP if she doesn't call and you know she's working pop into her job and get something silly that way you can introduce yourself properly and ask her to do alittle something in person.

Goodluck:)

No, I don't think you've done everything wrong. But don't throw away her number. She started the conversation with you, you asked her for her number, she gave it to you, you called her and now if she calls you, you will be even. Girls want the guys to do the chasing, ya know. ;)

I would go to the store and buy something stupid (like chewing gum and nothing else) just to show her that you come there only because of her, not to shop. Then you can personally ask her to hang out with you on Friday or take a walk after work or whatever. Don't be afraid to do all the effort. You don't have to invest equally at the beginning. You are expected to do all the effort anyway. Given that you know she likes you, it should be easy for you.

The fact that she gave you three numbers means she really likes you and wants you to be able to get in touch with her easily. I am only concerned about her statement that she wasn't supposed to give you her numbers. She might actually have a boyfriend. So I would ask her very soon whether she has one. And tell her to be honest or LS-ers will go there to kick her ass! :p:bunny::D

Well said.. I know you had to leave a voicemail but if you call again don't.. I would suggest going into her store like RP said to buy whatever and then talk to her in person. You should ask her if she wants to hang out in person also. Yeah the im not supposed to give out my number thing sounds odd. For sure ask her if she has a b/f ASAP to find out if you are wasting your time or not.

Don't call for awhile. She'll think she blew that opportunity.

When you finally call again, she'll act faster.

RecordProducer

Gold Pile, when you're looking for true love and your heart is open, all these lies and strategies are unnecessary. A good woman will desire a man who is interesting enough without playing head games! ;)

Gold Pile, when you're looking for true love and your heart is open, all these lies and strategies are unnecessary. A good woman will desire a man who is interesting enough without playing head games! ;)
You're correct in this situation. But your general premise is complete rot. :)
RecordProducer
Oh well, she hasnt called back. Guess she wasnt interested. How can you tell if a girl is interested or just being friendly?

Hahah! There are books wirtten on that topic! :D

You will know when you try to kiss her. If she doesn't trun her head from you, it probably means she is interested. Don't be afraid to do this, you've got nothing to lose. ;)

You should go to the store where she works and see her and ask her out. The fact that she didn't call doesn't necessarily mean she is not interested. I prefer to be called than call even one year into my relationship.

• Author

Ok, I saw her at her work but she was at the food court and I said Hi Kelly. I said you probably dont remember me and she said werent you in my line once. I told her my name and she was red but she didnt seem as happy to talk to me as before. She said "she lost her cell phone" That is bull****. So I just left without saying anything. Oh well, not a big loss.

Ahh its alright. The I lost my cell phone is a pretty lame excuse.. At least you know whats up now. Time to move on and get some more numbers.. Thats how the dating scene works... Trust me there are going to be plenty more girls who give you their number that are going to make up BS excuses on why they haven't called you back.. Just hang in there.

Peace