Keeping A Guy At Arms Length?

RocknRollChild85

RocknRollChild85

I posted this before, but, I wasnt logged in and I thought I was, but...

Too keep a long story short, there is this guy I'm sleeping with. We both agreed on it, he doesnt want a relationship and I have no clue what I want. What I want to know though, is, how do I keep him close, but at arms length at the sametime? I've never been in this kind of situtation before and pretty, well, clueless to be honest. Theres only been one other guy that I've just slept with without dating, but, I was younger than and was only doing it to piss off my mother and no, I don't regret doing it either. This situtation is different. He told me last night not to get used to sleeping over because he didn't want me getting attached to him, I dont feel that I am, in fact, I know I'm not, and I dont want him getting attached to me. We're 19 years apart and he does have a child. He calls me up when he wants to have sex, but afterwards, he acts all boyfriendy. He's never kicked me out, he picks me up whenever and the first night I went over to his house, his daughter was there, she's 9, and we sat there and talked and she showed me some of her favorite toys and what not. When he brought me home the next morning, she came with us and he was holding my hand and kissed me in front of her. Every morning when he comes into my job, he kisses me and holds me. I don't want him getting attached to me, mostly for the sake of his daughter. I already told him that for the next week, I wont be able to see him because of classes and other things going ok.

So, I guess what I really need to know is how do I keep him close but far at the same time?

I'm not sure how to explain this, but when he says he doesn't want you getting attached to him, I think he means it. In most FWB relationships, it's the women who gets emotionally attached first. You may not think so. If so, then good for ya :D But that's the way I've usually seen it happen. The finish line for men is usually the booty, and the finish line for women is usually emotional attachment. Good luck and do post updates.

• Author
RocknRollChild85

He's 39 and I'm 20. I'm in school and I really have no time for relationships which is why this started.

The first night I spent the night over there, I woke up. I had a nightmare or something and he pulled me down, put me to his chest and just held me and kissed me and made sure that I was ok before he went back to sleep.

But, what confuses me is, if he doesnt want a relationship, then why would the first night I went over, would he have done it when his daughter was there. He has her on the weekends and I went over on a Friday night. She was with him when he picked me up, and when we got back to the house, we were sitting on the couch and he was holding me and we were all watching the game. She showed me her favorite toys and what not. Then the next morning when he dropped me off, he was holding my hand, kissed me in front of her and what not. She's over there this weekend too and he called me and asked if I wanted to come over. It just kind of feels like he's getting attached to me in a way, and not just because of the sex, which is amazing LOL.

I dunno. Guys are confusing.