Is she crazy?

Leojax

So I’ve been seeing this woman for the past 2 months. Things have been going really well. The last time we were supposed to meet up to talk about this miscommunication that lead to some confusion which in turn made things a little weird between us in a nutshell, but I had to cancel that day. I was at work and texted her that I’d love to see her when I got back from NY. She responded with this,

Hey...I’d love to see you too. Okay let’s get together around 7 on Monday. Don’t back out again or I’ll kill you :). Naw, but seriously have fun in NY ❤️

Is she crazy? I know she’s not trying to actually kill me, but isn’t it a little crazy/off for making that joke?

I have seen some serious over-analyzing around here, but that may win some kind of prize.

No.

This.

Perhaps reconsider who you are calling crazy :p

• Like 5
GorillaTheater
You don’t think it’s off putting that she made that joke?

I don't know about your universe, but no, that sort of thing is pretty common in mine, and (until now) never taken seriously or offensively.

• Like 1

I know I have joked that someone would be "dead to me" - it was a joke doesn't mean that I had any inkling of cutting them out of my life.

Or I have said "I'll kill you if you tickle me" - certainly didn't have any homicidal thoughts.

Do you honestly think this joke she made is a cause for concern?

Perhaps you aren't into her and are simply easily off put by her.

Someone asked me for my fantastic clam chowder recipe. I told them I would give it to them, but I'd have to kill them afterward . . . :) They didn't get a restraining order against me.

Edited by Redhead14
  • Like 2
healing light

It's still early on, keep evaluating, it's only been 2 months. I don't like those kinds of statements, particularly in text--you can't tell the tone and it comes off as passive aggressive to me. I don't think she thought much of it, though; I think she was just trying to convey that it would upset her a lot if you back out of your plans and maybe it would be a dealbreaker for her.

AviationNut1980
So I’ve been seeing this woman for the past 2 months. Things have been going really well. The last time we were supposed to meet up to talk about this miscommunication that lead to some confusion which in turn made things a little weird between us in a nutshell, but I had to cancel that day. I was at work and texted her that I’d love to see her when I got back from NY. She responded with this,

Hey...I’d love to see you too. Okay let’s get together around 7 on Monday. Don’t back out again or I’ll kill you :). Naw, but seriously have fun in NY ❤️

Is she crazy? I know she’s not trying to actually kill me, but isn’t it a little crazy/off for making that joke?

She was trying to be funny. It’s her way of destressing herself and lightening the air about your previous cancellation. Don’t take this the wrong way but are you from a different culture or overanazlye everything?

• Like 1
It's still early on, keep evaluating, it's only been 2 months. I don't like those kinds of statements, particularly in text--you can't tell the tone and it comes off as passive aggressive to me. I don't think she thought much of it, though; I think she was just trying to convey that it would upset her a lot if you back out of your plans and maybe it would be a dealbreaker for her.

And what’s the issue with that? He’s lucky she didn’t ignore him or tell him off. Her joke was definitely appropriate for the situation.

Edited by Emmafive
  • Like 1

Are you crazy , jesus man lighten up , she's just messin.

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic

Is she crazy?

Only if she isn't on guard from now on with every thing she says! :eek:

• Like 4

If you ask this question, you two are not compatible. Don't see anything crazy about her from your post. Maybe there are other things that creep you out? or you two just don't vibe well?

• Like 1

No, certainly not crazy! She's only joking!

This is a phrase which is commonly used where I come from, for instance. Of course, the worst part (for you given your apparent unfamiliarity with it) was seeing it written down. I'm sure if she said it face-to-face it wouldn't have had such an impact!

She's not crazy, and she picked her words carefully ... That was her way of saying whatever "miscommunication" b.s. you gave her for canceling at the last minute ....is not something she's going to tolerate again.

Hey, there is no such thing as "miscommunication" when it comes to meeting someone. I mean once in 10 million encounters--like two restaurants by the same name and one person goes to one place and the other to another place of the same name. In the texting era, absolutely no excuse whatsoever for confusion. The truth is you either tell somebody in time, well ahead of time (as soon as you know) that you can't make a scheduled meeting, or you don't.

She's been stood before by someone who talked about "miscommunication." And she's telling you that if you're not going to be reliable and follow through, then stay away.

Wow, the more I think of it, the more impressed I am by her wording--she's playful but also seriously signaling what she will not accept. OP, are you down for showing up when you say you will? This woman is not putting up with b.s. She's not going to have any threads on B.S. about a guy canceling on her multiple times.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

Maybe not crazy, but I agree it's a weird comment. I don't take well to people even joking about being bunny boilers.

The last time we were supposed to meet up to talk about this miscommunication that lead to some confusion which in turn made things a little weird between us in a nutshell

Sounds like your miscommunication problems are indeed an issue.

What was the original miscommunication?

And if texting is the source of that then why didn’t you call her to cancel? It would have been more appropriate and polite don’t you think?

• Like 1