He said I was second and his bestfriend was first?

unsafe

So I have been dating this guy for about 4 months now. Things have been rocky but we seem to be doing alot better. This weekend i had plans to go to Vegas and he was suppose to meet me up there. He called Friday and said he had to much work he wouldn't be able to make it. I was upset but I figured it was work what can I do?

He took me to dinner last night and as we were talking about the vegas thing he brought up that his friend got some drugs and he asked his best friend if he wanted to do it. And he said "if he was going to say yes I knew I wasn't going to make it out there". But He didn't want to do it and then work really got to busy so I am sorry I couldn't come. I was I see how it is he (his friend) comes first? he said you know this? I looked at him and I was so upset. I was like this sucks..so I already know now that whatever his friends wants if its not what I want then no!

The night went on and he told me he had been talking to his roommate and me. And he said he knows why he does the things he does he just needs someone to help me out. Like he doesn't know how to cope with liking me as much as he does. He said the feelings they are intense and I am trying not to get into that. I said you are holding back. And he said he didn't want to get hurt. I was like umm...whatever!

I should just dump this guy right. I dont' want to be the girl that sticks around and he never lets me in. Or the girl that gets him to open up but to someone else and not me. Any advice?

Well.. I guess I would tell him to date his friend.

This Guy sounds like he's immature and not yet ready for a serious relationship.

While I can understand having friends and spending time with them as well, plans shouldn't with you shouldn't be cancelled by him because a "better offer" came along from one of his buddies.