Should I confront her ?

ascofield

Hey guys, sorry for my english I'm french

Basically there's a coworker who is a girl who flirts with every guy and she had told me that in her private life she had some sexual relationships with a few guys who weren't single.

So sleeping with "taken" guys doesn't bother her...She's this type of girl.

Anyways my cousin works with us and he noticed that she's often sitting next to him at work. She already talked to me about him and I really felt like she wanted me to introduce him to her. Many people told us that she was probably orbiting around him so she could speak with him. My cousin is engaged and her behavior kinda pissed me off.

I confronted her about it via texts and I told her that he is engaged and she should leave him alone. She told me "I'never talked to your cousin" then she added something that made me angry "and if he really has something to say to me, he can do it himself he's a grown man"...

I don't know what you guys think but to me it meant "Yeah I'm interested in him but if he's really not interested in me, it should come from him, not from you".

I think about confronting her eye to eye about this.

What do you guys think ?

Did she mean what I think ?

Do you think it would be the right thing to confront her face to face ?

Thanks for your opinions.

I think you are reading her correctly but what can you do?

You can warn your cousin but what if he thinks, "Hey, one last fling!"

I wouldn't even suggest talking to his fiancée. Ever here of the saying "Don't kill the messenger?"

Stay out of the way but don't help her get an inside track with your cousin.

• Like 1

She is absolutely right. It's not your job to get involved here ... you're acting like this is elementary school. These are adults.

Focus on your own life and activities and hobbies and reading. You won't have time to get involved in this mess that is outside of your control.

Confront her? No, confront yourself over wasting time in something that is NOT your business at all.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

This has nothing to do with you, OP.

They are adults and can navigate this on their own. There is currently nothing to confront anyone about, anyway. You don’t need to run interference.

It is obvious you are jealous she’s not hitting on you, but don’t go creating drama where there isn’t any.

• Like 2

About your cousin,.... I agree with the others, it's up to him to handle things. I'm sure there have been other women that have hit on him before, so her going after him will be nothing new. He's got this.

It's possible by telling your cousin about it, may encourage him to have one last fling....so stop talking about it, and ignore her.

What does any of this have to do with you? Do you not trust your cousin to turn her down if she tries something?

It is not your job to tell her what to do and what not to do. Let her do what she wants. It is your cousin's responsibility to tell her to stop, not yours.

• Like 1

It's best to stay out of it. It's great that you're looking out for him, but she's right. He can handle that himself.