asking a girl to be your girlfriend

fred123

can u ask a girl uv been chatting online for a couple of months to be your girlfriend? she lives abroad. some people say thats ridiculous but other people have done that. thoughts?

can u ask a girl uv been chatting online for a couple of months to be your girlfriend? she lives abroad. some people say thats ridiculous but other people have done that. thoughts?

Is it the same one from before?

Sorry OP, I checked the rule book and it says you have to meet in person at least one to ask someone to be your GF. Them is the rules apparently.

In seriousness,sure you can ask, but you will never truly know if you two are exclusive. I don’t see how you can build the love and trust necessary for a romantic relationship through only texts, FaceTime, etc without meeting. And maybe this is just my mindset about long distance relationships, and it would be a different story if you were able to see each other in person regularly.

• Like 2

It's ridiculous. You cannot know a person you have never met. You only see what they want you to see and you have no idea about chemistry -- and you can't be together, so what is the point? And as others have pointed out, there will be NO fidelity whatever in any type of arrangement between people who've never met who live apart like this. It's just playing house, and it's a waste of time. You need to be out in real life meeting people and making a life. This is frittering your life away.

• Like 1

Tho a lot of people do, do that sort of thing....it never end well. The realization sets in that you both just wasted your time.

• Like 1

I know how it feels to like someone online, you just create loads of imagination how they are perfect and you want to be with them and it's so much fun but is it tho? you could meet them and they could not be how they were online.

online/reality is completely different. You do like this girl and do care about her but...i don't think long distance relationships should exist because you can't build trust when your not sure where that person is going, what they are doing, who they are with, these are the questions that will linger in your mind.

• Like 1
emeraldgreen

Can't answer cause I've never asked in 20 years of dating. I just know when shes my GF and refer to her as such without consultation. Never had a single one tell me that I need to ask. If you need to ask her, she's not your girlfriend.