Guy FaceTimed ex during meet?

faithandfood

faithandfood

So been knowing this guy for five months. When we first met, he just go out of a 3 yr relationship. Didn't want to be a rebound. We stopped talking & he came back around like 3 weeks ago & we've hung out three times. He said he really likes me & is ready for a serious relationship (which I doubt). But I emphasized being friends first. Things got to second base during our second meet, which I kinda regret. Anyways, yesterday we ran errands together for like two hours. Was going good until he Facetimed the recent ex when we were in the car. I was like ... And he kept repeating, "this is my bestest of friends. She's my best friend. Only she can call me my first name." I was like, cool. And what made me more upset is he asked to spend more time WHILE still on FaceTime with her. Told him I had to go & he hasn't even checked up with me since then.

So am I tripping or was this rude? This happened to me before with another guy, which I vented to him about...so for him to do it is shocking.

It was rude & inappropriate.

I would not invest more time with this guy. He's still hung up on his EX. Next.

He is not over his ex, that is clear as day. If it's only been 5 months since they split up then its understandable. He is not ready for a new relationship.

• Like 1
Very rude. Jaw-droppingly rude. Possibly intentionally mean rude.

Exactly. Also arrogant and insensitive beyond belief.

It would be rude even if it was just a friend, not an ex.

• Like 2
  • Author
faithandfood
Exactly. Also arrogant and insensitive beyond belief.

It would be rude even if it was just a friend, not an ex.

That's also what I was thinking. I can't even do that with a friend.

Dang--that's a slap heard round the world...

dude is so not over his ex he can't even hide his own truth, let alone face up to it.

• Like 1
He was using you to make her jealous. Run fast and far.

That makes perfect sense! And maybe vice versa.

It's not just rude, but a down right dirt bag move of the first degree.

• Like 2
He was using you to make her jealous. Run fast and far.

This. And wackadoodle crazy over the top rude. Wow.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

I kind of think he was trying to show you how cool he was with ex. A show off of his relationship. Maybe trying to make you jealous.

Rude rude rude!

You were first class not to say anything but just to leave.

• Like 1
  • Author
faithandfood

Part of me wants to tell him off & the other part of me wants to open message, say nothing, and just ghost.

Ghost.

Or send him a coldly worded last message: I was upset when you facetimed your EX the other day while we were together. I think it would be best if we didn't see each other any more. I hope you & your "best friend" are very happy together.

• Like 1

Just to share here. A while ago I dated a woman briefly who facetimed her ex while riding in the car with me on an early date. He wasn't really an ex per se, more really a baby daddy. 7 years ago after her divorce she had a short fling with him and became pregnant. She decided to keep the child and so they shared custody. She had called him to discuss custody issues. I thought it was weird at the time but wasn't threatened by it. She later said she did it like that so I wouldn't think it was rude or secretive. It actually turned out she was right. Funny that in that instance it was the opposite of rude but in your instance it was crazy rude.

• Author
faithandfood
Just to share here. A while ago I dated a woman briefly who facetimed her ex while riding in the car with me on an early date. He wasn't really an ex per se, more really a baby daddy. 7 years ago after her divorce she had a short fling with him and became pregnant. She decided to keep the child and so they shared custody. She had called him to discuss custody issues. I thought it was weird at the time but wasn't threatened by it. She later said she did it like that so I wouldn't think it was rude or secretive. It actually turned out she was right. Funny that in that instance it was the opposite of rude but in your instance it was crazy rude.

Wow, at least that was a legitimate reason. I'm still shocked.

Ghost.

Or send him a coldly worded last message: I was upset when you facetimed your EX the other day while we were together. I think it would be best if we didn't see each other any more. I hope you & your "best friend" are very happy together.

That's 40 words more than he deserves to read.

Ghost him, OP.

• Like 2
  • Author
faithandfood

He sent another message and was like, ignoring me?? Want to say, "Oh like how you did yesterday??"

He sent another message and was like, ignoring me?? Want to say, "Oh like how you did yesterday??"

FAF just 'next' this douche bag already. What he did was seriously insensitive and disrespectful to you.

Like the others pointed out -- he's not over his Ex, he's trying to fit you in the 'rebound' mold and trying to manipulate you into allowing his terrible behavior this early into knowing him, so he can continue to act terrible with you and not be held accountable for it.

Guys like him are the bottom of the barrel. If you're ok with that, continue entertaining this doofus by responding to his fishing texts -- he's fishing for attention from you. His ego's damaged from his breakup, so he needs another woman lined up to repair his ego while he tries to get his ex-back.

But if you value yourself more than this clown doesn't, just stop responding to his texts and move on to a better man.You don't even need to explain to him via text why you are ghosting him. Just ignore his texts. Silence speaks volumes. He'll move on quickly, is my guess.

Edited by Watercolors
ChatroomHero

This isn't meant to be rude, but to hammer the point home. What you are asking is like a guy punching you in the face and posting, "Is this the type of guy that will punch me in the face if I keep dating him?".

You already know this was rude, dismissive and not very respectful. The best thing to do is move on and forget he exists.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

Yes, it was extraordinarily rude. As the others have already said, he is obviously still hung up on her and has no sense of decorum.

I would not reply to him at all, but if you are so inclined, go with what d0nnivain suggested and wish him and his best friend well and then forget about him altogether.

And he's not on block why? You like drama?

• Author
faithandfood

I ended up blocking. He sent me another message and was like, Hmm ? okay then ??*♂️. Didn't respond to that and he ended up deleting me on Snapchat. Just blocked him on Snap and Insta.