interested? did I sounded desperate when asking twice about headups

Flamingochicken

Flamingochicken

Currently, I am on holiday to a place I frequently have visited. Last Saturday I was out and by coincidence, I met a guy that happened to have studied in my home country, so we struck up a conversation and swapped Facebook. I went somewhere else after. He did message me during the night saying 'Hey love. I am sad for not seeing you any longer' (mind you: he was drunk I reckon)

Next morning we texted a bit and after a while, I took the plunge to ask him for a drink to which he happily said yes to. So, we did! It was a very nice night and there was some sexual chemistry, maybe a lot even, we were both a bit drunk and I know on my part that when I am drunk I might like someone a bit more, but never will I like someone drunk that I do not like sober. During the date (when drunk) he did say that he wanted to see me the day after and (because I initially said that maybe my sister could tag along -) he said that he didn't even want to meet her - just me - and that he had a good time, but again.. he was a bit drunk when he said. We kissed, touched a bit, I teased a lot but nothing happened. I didn't want to.

Anyway, since it was 5''o clock the next day and I didn't hear anything from him I sended him a message saying 'hey, I am at the beach r now and will catch up w/ a friend later. Meet same time, same place tonight? 2 hours ago he didn't see the message/no answer but since I am on a holiday and i need to know whaddup I said 'Hey, no worries but can you please let me know about tonight? Otherwise I am going to hang out longer with my friend. Thank you :)

He immediately responded. ''Hey! My bad - I just came home from work half an hour ago. You should continue with your friend and I'll let you know about tommorrow.

We didn't plan a date tomorrow but with saying 'Ill let you know about tomorrow' I reckon he's insisting? So, I think it's a good sign - or is this just a temporary fix for him to get out of it? I am just trying to understand the mind of men as some do use this in the literal meaning of it, but unfortunately some of it only use it as an easy escape..

Anyhow I replied (And I regret it) Hey no worries, I will enjoy **** (country) anyway! not sure what my plans are tomorrow but yea just shoot me a text and we'll see ! he read that and thats about it. So?

I see nothing wrong with sending that.

You two didn't have plans, you barely know one another and you're on vacation.

Try to keep your expectations in check--expectations are future resentments under construction. Him being drunk and overly open with you as a result may have influenced you into thinking there is more here than what actually exists.

If he calls tomorrow, cool--- if he doesn't, then he doesn't and you carry on with vacation and enjoying your friends.

It's all fine, but if he drops the ball tomorrow, you'll know he's either not very dependable, not very interested, or not very single.

• Author
Flamingochicken

I think I spooked myself a bit too much because of people saying sending other messages about whether it was on or not due to my other plans was desperate. With these situations it's not about what I think (I wouldn't get annoyed) but it's the other party (the guy) in this case that got me worrying. I often think from their perspective a lot of times.

You are right about the fact that I might see more into it then their really is - questions without answers bother me the most and are the driven factor behind those thoughts, I think, still. I admired the idea that he was a law student and writer (same as I am) a lot. We had a good conversation and the sexual chemistry wasn't fake i could tell.. but who knows..

Anyway, I didn't hear (despite him coming up with a new day) from him. I didn't say anything. I have so many contradicting friends where they say ''Oh, I'm like this as well - I just forget especially when I'm busy and other people saying ''It's a no'' that I am making myself confused.

Anyway. I'm going to a football match later this week. I am not planning of contacting him between those days and maybe shoot one last message on the day of the actual football match to see if he wants to meet up after (i am leaving 2 days after) or is that him letting me walk over me/desperate?

God I wish I knew if he was just busy... or! its hard to think of tactics when you don't know the reasoning.