What is the weirdest thing you've had happen on a date?

Trail Blazer

Trail Blazer

By weird things that's that have happened, I don't necessarily mean weird behavior by your date, either. It could be something that's happened in the backgroud, by someone at the establishment where you are having your first date, etc.

For mine, it was last night. I went on a date with a girl I met from POF. I'd only been talking to her for a few days. When we got talking about my work, and how I work away a lot, she asked me if I wanted to go on a date with her before I flew out for work. I agreed, so we worked out a place to meet.

The first thing I noticed about her was how little she spoke in real life. She was so chatty online, and yet so quiet in person. I thought since she got on the front foot by asking me on a date so soon, that she'd be an extroverted person with a bubbly personality.

The night felt a bit awkward at times. Trying to strike that balance between not allowing uncomfortable silences, yet not wanting to domineer the conversation. It had been in the back of my mind for most of the night to try and get her to engage as well.

So anyway, later in the night a couple who I'd barely sighted in my peripheral vision walked up to out table and the guy handed me a small piece of paper, folded in half, with the exposed side which said, ""ead me."

My date looked at me, looked really confused at the guy walking off, then lookee back at me and asked, "what was that?" I told her I had no idea, so I opened it and it read:

"She is really keen! But if you want it to last, you need to get her talking. Keep smiling, keep leaning in. You're doing well buddy!"

My date asked me with trepidation, "what did it say!?" I didn't want to tell her as it would have made the rest of the date really awkward. So, I told her I'll tell her at the end of the night.

The date ended and we went our seperate ways. I didn't tell her what was on the piece of paper. When I got home she'd already sent me a message asking me what was written on it. I took a photo and sent it to her. She laughed and said, "Oh, that couple had been watching us a bit, and clearly bored, they must have been trying to help. That's sweet."

I thought it was one of the strangest things. But hey, I haven't been on too many first dates, so I guess many stranger things have probably happened to others as well?

Share your weird (first) dating stories!

• Like 4

Lol, enjoyed that. sounds like something I might say or definitely what a mate of mine who is a bit more forward would do!

hmmn looks like you could be on a winner there alright, you'll get her talking soon enough,

have had some weird dating experiences, the two most awkward were both chinese women,

One of these ladies rather surprisingly had very little English and it was mighty hard work to try to keep a conversation going for 1 1/2 hours,

It was such a relief to finally get away although the most surprising thing of all was later that evening I got a text to say how much she enjoyed the date and would like to meet again.

the other Chinese lady , I entered the bar, says Hi nice to finally meet you, Will you have a drink?

we sat then at a window, It is a nice day out there, how is your day going I mustered a little nervously,

You know what, me and you will have no connection she replied and proceeded to bolt out the door before our drinks had arrived,

that must have been my quickest ever date,

I guess she did not like the look of me- ah wel.:)

we were out to eat at a fancy schmancy restaurant on top of the Ren Cen. She ordered a $60 steak and I ordered the lobster. Half way thru dinner she started choking on her steak. I had to do the heimblich maneuver to keep her from dying. the piece of steak flew out of her mouth and landed on the floor in plain sight of everyone (a well-heeled crowd).

After a few seconds we went back to our table to sit down and I noticed that she had peed on her chair so we had to get the waiter to bring her a new seat. I was so embarrassed, for both me and her.

In addition to this I was stuck with a $300 bill. I gave a tip of $100 making the total $400.

I never did call her again. I knew she would go out with me again but I was just so freaked out that I couldn't see her again. It was too bad cause she was beautiful, rich and smart. The whole package

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic

Witnessed the (traumatic) water rapids struggle and then miraculous rescue of a drowning dog.

• Like 1
  • Author
Trail Blazer
Which number date do you usually start with? :p

Good one. I'll pay that. Yes, I meant I hadn't been on too many dates, period! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author
Trail Blazer
we were out to eat at a fancy schmancy restaurant on top of the Ren Cen. She ordered a $60 steak and I ordered the lobster. Half way thru dinner she started choking on her steak. I had to do the heimblich maneuver to keep her from dying. the piece of steak flew out of her mouth and landed on the floor in plain sight of everyone (a well-heeled crowd).

After a few seconds we went back to our table to sit down and I noticed that she had peed on her chair so we had to get the waiter to bring her a new seat. I was so embarrassed, for both me and her.

In addition to this I was stuck with a $300 bill. I gave a tip of $100 making the total $400.

I never did call her again. I knew she would go out with me again but I was just so freaked out that I couldn't see her again. It was too bad cause she was beautiful, rich and smart. The whole package

Holy crap! That would have been some experience! I can understand why there was no coming back from there! :eek:

Shining One

My weirdest would have to be the time my date decided to ride the mechanical bull. She fell off, landed on her face, and broke some teeth. I had to take her to an emergency dentist.

• Like 3
I had to take her to an emergency dentist.

:lmao: I didn't know there were emergency dentists

newyorker11356

Are you sure you were into her? I think a guy that was wouldn't have cared about that happening given the situation. Plus, it could have made for a funny story down the line :D

• Like 3
Are you sure you were into her? I think a guy that was wouldn't have cared about that happening given the situation. Plus, it could have made for a funny story down the line :D

I agree! ..........

I can see where she'd be too embarrassed to take up with you again, but under the circumstances, I'd have asked her out again just to make her feel good. I mean, it was an EMS type situation.

• Like 1
OatsAndHall

I went on a hike with a woman and we ended up tromping through some tall grass and weeds. I was following her lead and she wanted to take a more scenic route. Once we got back on the trail, she started itching her legs like mad and I thought she was having an allergic reaction as her skin was obviously irritated and puffy. I was wearing jeans so I wasn't affected. We rushed to the car and she was in friggin' agony the whole way.

We drove to the nearest department store and I bought some Benadryl cream for her. The cream didn't do ANYTHING as it wasn't an allergic reaction; she had brushed up against poison ivy and was chewing up her legs. As it started to develop, I recognized it as poison ivy (I've had my run ins with it), told her I thought that's what it was and asked if she wanted to go to the walk-in clinic.

She didn't want to go to the doctor, pulled up home remedies on her phone, rushed to the bathroom and started washing off her legs with soap and water but that didn't help much. We ended up buying some rubbing alcohol to wash out the poison ivy oil and apply that in the car...

Shining One
I didn't know there were emergency dentists
Neither did I until that night.

I once had a date (POF) say I love you etc night before our date...

We was planning to go for a drink in a pub and meeting in the carpark....

I arrived there first but she arrived and droved passed my car then parked other side of carpark (I Assume) then messaged saying soo you soon, then Said stuck at gate (was no gate) then gave me some excuse that she fainted at petrol station (30 mins later) was weirdest date ever lol

She probably saw me then changed her mind so went NC the she messaged month later saying she had gallstones and i love you etc i dodged a bullet with this one. was a gd few years ago

Edited by GTR King
  • Like 1
she had brushed up against poison ivy and was chewing up her legs.

I too got poison ivy out rolicking around but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a date in my case, but the guy had been flirting. I didn't break out for a few days and then he comes to tell me he has it. I hate poison ivy (probably poison oak, actually) and was in a bad mood about having it, obviously, and told him, "You're lucky that's all you got going around sleeping with strange girls." Hahahah.

oh there was another one

when I was living in LA back in 2000 I met this chick on the internet. Our bond was the fact that we both drove red Corvettes.

So we decide to meet at a indian restaurant. I got there first, when I saw her come in I knew I was in trouble. She sat down and started complaining about everything. Repeating the same sentence over and over, eyes glassy, talking about unimportant stuff, being belligerent.

She scare the sh*t of me. I asked her if she was on any drugs or alcohol and she said no. I finished my margarita, didn't order any food, and then bolted.

Well, for what it's worth, she did look just like her pic :lmao:

• Like 1

Well mine doesn’t even compare to what you guys experienced and not even that strange really, but the weirdest date I’ve ever been on.

Met this guy off of POF....we met up for the first time at a local Starbucks. The whole thing was just really awkward. He admitted he was more nervous than he thought he’d be and he kept staring at some girl sitting to the right of me....like the entire time. He’d be talking to me, but looking in her direction. I immediately thought “well he’s already bored with me and already scoping out other women....how rude!” He later apologized to me and told me he thought that girl was another girl he met off the site awhile back who was really psycho and it freaked him out.

• Like 1

My dad took me to the Ice Capades at the fair and I met this guy at the fair who worked at the fair and agreed to go to a party with him after closing. It was the end of the fair party, the jamboree. The rides were left on and left on extra fast and you could just go around riding them. The big tent was where people were gathering and drinking beer, and this was back when there were still freak shows at the fair. Anyway, we walk in and there's a little person with a huge snake around his neck. That's the first thing I see. Then a bunch of other people of literally every exotic ilk and various extreme conditions. All the carnies. The carnies of yesteryear. They were all real friendly. Got drunk and rode rides and passed out under an 18-wheeler. Good times!

• Like 1

Couple of years ago, tinder match... We were going for drinks in a pub in a city in between our cities. First date.

I thought I saw her... So started talking, 10 minutes later a girl walks in and looks very awkward to me and my 'tinder date'... That moment I realized that I initiated talking with a random girl that looks a little bit like my match.

The match left and I had a very amusing evening with the new girl. That story made my date :D

• Like 2
Couple of years ago, tinder match... We were going for drinks in a pub in a city in between our cities. First date.

I thought I saw her... So started talking, 10 minutes later a girl walks in and looks very awkward to me and my 'tinder date'... That moment I realized that I initiated talking with a random girl that looks a little bit like my match.

The match left and I had a very amusing evening with the new girl. That story made my date :D

that's funny gimly :lmao:

salparadise

I messaged a woman on a dating site about a year ago, and she responded, but I was getting a weird vibe. She said she just signed up and was very skeptical about meeting anyone online, yada, yada. So I said I understand and wished her well (reticence ain't my thing). A few days later she contacts me again and suggests we meet at a restaurant near her, about 40 miles from where I live. I agreed. We were seated on the outdoor patio in back and ordered beers.

She had just moved back to the area, had a job she hated that paid next to nothing, but she wasn't interested in doing the business on her own (as she had before). She was whiny, seemed entitled. Then she started inquiring, trying to figure how much I made, what I owned, etc. –– way too obvious. I deflected and tried to change the subject. I asked if she was ready to order, and she said, would you think it rude if I bolted now, I'm just not comfortable?

I said, whaaaat? You invited me here, and I drove damn near an hour, and you don't have the common courtesy to make polite conversation long enough to eat a salad? She said, you aren't going to be mad are you? I said, phukk it, you've shown your colors. She said, but I'll pay for your beer. I stood up and said, well, that's the least you could do, and walked away.

I was headed towards toward front door, but then I saw a gate on the patio only a few feet from the table. It had a sign that said "emergency exit only –– alarm will sound if opened." I thought, perfect! So I went straight out that gate and sure enough, the loud obnoxious alarm went off. I never looked back. As I was driving away that loud horn was still blaring, and her still sitting there with everyone staring and wondering what the hell.

Sometimes opportunity knocks at exactly the right time. I bet she'll think twice before she pulls that little number again.

• Like 3
Shining One

Not exactly a date, but an entertaining "date-like" situation. A new restaurant had opened up near my office. A vendor wanted to try it out, so I met her there for drinks on Monday. I took a date to the same place on Wednesday. Finally, I went there again with a coworker/friend on Friday. Our waitress that night recognized me and blurted out: "Weren't you here with two other women this week?" My friend, having a flair for the dramatic said: "Why, I never!" and gave me a fake slap, to the stunned silence of the waitress and nearby tables. She held it for a few seconds before she burst into laughter and said we were friends.