Silver Lining?

thebiglimp

I hooked up with this woman, got infatuated, then she grew distant when she learned I had an estranged son and financially flat out broke.

I even brought up the marriage talk in the end.

She pretty much told me to get my **** together and that she'll meet me again when she visits the country in 7 months.

I don't think she even has much feelings for me now.

But to promise to see me again... is there a silver lining in that?

A lot can happen in 7 months. I suppose if you use her "promise" to motivate yourself to get it together, the silver lining will you will be in a better place even if you don't get the girl in the end. Odds are that by the time 7 months rolls around she will have found somebody else. Change for yourself not because some external person told you to.

• Like 2
is there a silver lining in that?

She's giving you 7 months to make some drastic changes in the way you proceed in life. Have you made good use of the time and improved your situation substantially---enough to make her seriously reconsider how she proceeds with you?

If you've done nothing but be a bum, then no, this isn't a silver lining. You're about to be dismissed completely if you've done nothing to improve your lot in life in 7 months time.

Lotsgoingon

The silver lining is that you got some constructive, honest feedback and without apparently being humiliated.

She explained what it is about you that doesn't work for her. And it seems you're not objecting to her analysis.

It's up to you what you do with this information. The silver lining in my view is not that she might see you later on ... but that you got some real evaluation of your life in a way that might inspire you. Sometimes hearing about ourselves from a romantic interest ... can inspire us to make positive changes in ways that hearing the same words from a friend would not.

Getting your life together is its own reward. Dating is merely a bonus.

Are you inspired?