Thrown off balance by new date.

DrNo1962

This has never really happened to me before and I'm unsure what to do.

I had a great first date with a girl and she even kissed me passionately afterwards which totally took me by surprise.

Following the first date, I received overly complimentary text messages about how my demeanour is extremely attractive to her, how i've been on her mind all week, love heart and kiss emojis etc.

Now, I'm one to kind of go at my own pace with things as I do not like rushing into anything, but her reactions have knocked me a bit off my centre.

I'm so used to girls being more deliberate and taking time to get to know me before displaying these kinds of affectionate words.

Anything I should be cautious about?

Appreciate the advice.

Everyone is different, some people like to take it slow, some like to go all in from 0 - 100 straight away.

Does she have a history of jumping from relationship to relationship unable to stay single? How long ago did her last relationship finish?

Either way appreciate her kind words, but analyse her actions as well.

• Like 1

had a girl act similar like that she ended up being flaky and later told me she got out of relationship dealing issues with her ex and stuff she threw me off kept calling me babe and stuff when we hardly knew each other

40somethingGuy

Sounds like you'll be in her bedroom early and often. Take it. You have the gift of letting her chase you a little to give her a maximum thrill. Give it to her.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

If I had to guess, it sounds like she's laying the groundwork with you that she wants to kick it up a notch.

Does that mean she's ready to jump in the sack with you on your next date? Have no idea. Some women give mixed signals so tread carefully.

At the very least, she's letting you know she's into you big time.

There is some potential for love bombing here but for now be secure in her interest & continue at a pace that is comfortable for you. She sounds like one who will make her needs known if she thinks you are going too slow.

• Like 1

Maybe she's excited to finally meet someone she really likes after a long string of go nowhere dates. It happens.

If you are still unsure, just keep your hand on your wallet and your eyes wide open.

• Like 2
Versacehottie

I think it could be good. It all matters in the context of her life. Is she impulsive? Does she jump from relationship to relationship? Is she needy?

Or it could be "good things" i.e. she really likes you and sees some great potential in you and feels no need to hide it because of her personality is open, warm etc. Sometimes ppl just say "f*ck it" to playing it more reserved and holding back.

I agree with the others, that you should keep your eyes open but if you are otherwise having fun, keep having it and gather more info about who she is and what she is about & how you will work together. Good luck

Lotsgoingon

So here's the key question: how do you feel about her?

She's clearly into you ... whether or not she's impulsive we don't quite yet know ... but she's making her interest plain and clear.

But ... just because someone is totally into us ... doesn't mean we're totally into them ... or should talk ourselves into being into them.

So ... when you mention your usually slower pace--are you saying that you are not feeling what she's feeling for you--or at least not yet?

The rule: act and pace things to match your current feeling. If you're not feeling her and she's really into you, don't just go at her pace for the hell of it.

So are you into her?

Versacehottie

yeah if it's the same woman that lied about her age it really seems slightly off and unstable/desperate. That's why i said on that thread to take things in context.

If it's a different woman, then that's different--though her context matters too.

• Author
If its the same woman who lies about her age, I think shes just after your D

Yes, it's the same girl who lied about her age.

rightondude
Yes, it's the same girl who lied about her age.

I don't think this is a deal breaker. She came clean to you and obviously wants to recover from that misrepresentation. Sounds like she's into you.

OnlyHonesty

This is lust. You're on her mind all week but she doesn't even know you. Expect this to change like the weather.

I don't think this is a deal breaker. She came clean to you and obviously wants to recover from that misrepresentation. Sounds like she's into you.

I agree rod...maybe the two of them can go out for vodka martinis shaken not stirred?

• Author
Sounds like trying to get over an ex behavior. Do you know when her last relationship was?

She was in a 5 year LTR and they broke up approx. 6 months ago.

I'veseenbetterlol
had a girl act similar like that she ended up being flaky and later told me she got out of relationship dealing issues with her ex and stuff she threw me off kept calling me babe and stuff when we hardly knew each other

Had a guy do this to me. Talking marriage even before we met. He was blowing a lot of hot air. Ended up ghosting me and making excuses about having anxiety issues :confused:

• Author
This is lust. You're on her mind all week but she doesn't even know you. Expect this to change like the weather.

Well her mood as certainly changed this week leading up to date # 3.

Recap:

Date #1 - Great conversation and dinner. I walk her back to her car and she pulls me in for a long passionate kiss.

Following date #1 - Proceeds to tell me how attractive my demeanour is, how i've been on her mind all week, lists a bunch of things she wants to do together with me, sends me kiss/heart emoji's etc.

Date #2 - Another great dinner, invites me back to her place. Tells me how much i drive her crazy. We sleep together.

Following date #2 - It goes from telling me how amazing i am and that she can't wait to see me again to --> a complete personality change.

Text messages are less "emotive" and I received the text message of "she's got a lot going on in her life right now etc."

She's coming over for dinner and a night in this weekend so I'll see where it ends up.

Sounds like she just wanted a rebound to fill a void (her ex). When someone comes on strong it's always this reason.

Explains why she lies about her age too- just wants a young guy to hook up with and feels no obliged to give out true personal info online.

Why havent you confronted her about her age??

• Like 1
rightondude

the fire that burns hottest burns the quickest too. Flakity flake flake flake

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Well spotted, you take home first prize.

Easy come, easy go...