Friend with benefit wants me to meet his new girlfriend

toriphile78

toriphile78

I met a guy online about 6 months ago. We hooked up, texted daily, then he ghosted me after 2 weeks. Fast forward 3 months later and he’s back in my life. We had been intimate and seen each other often. We both agreed that we want to stay friends regardless if we don’t end up together. I’ve had a suspicion that he’s been seeing another girl. Last night he had “drunk texted” me and wanted to see me again soon. Today he tells me he and this other girl are going to be exclusive, but he’s hoping we can still hang out and he can “give me massages if that’s still ok.” He thinks that now that he’s exclusively seeing this other chic and has been up front and honest about it, we can now hang out more often and he’s hoping I will come with to her hosted social events (not sure what she does, but sounds like it involves a lot of happy hour type deals). So before I never met his friends and was a separate part of his life, now he wants me to be incorporated into it and meet his girlfriend. I’m not sure how to process this. I mean, he just spent the night at my place last week and he’s trying to get me to come over and watch the GoT finale. I mean, his literal words are now we can hang out more.....Has anyone else experienced this?

So he is asking you to be his side chick. So he can have sex with 2 women.

And you want a friend like that. Hmm, I wonder why.

If you dont respect yourself, cant expect him to respect you

• Like 1

I don't know what makes him think she's going to want anything to do with this. Maybe he's hoping for a three way.

• Like 1
c1nderella

Lol wow he’s got some nerve! Don’t play the role of the side chick please. I would distant myself from this guy. He’s an idiot.

ExpatInItaly

I would tell this clown to kick rocks.

He doesn't think much of you, OP. If he did, he wouldn't be trying to set you up as his side-piece. He would already know you have too much self-respect to go along with such a ridiculous proposition.

Unfortunately, he's hoping you don't have a moral compass. I can't imagine how he thinks his girlfriend will want you around, either. Sorry girl, but you are dealing with one self-serving and entitled dude. Get rid.

...Has anyone else experienced this?

No because we dont take back guys who ghosted us at the first place

He clearly has no boundaries or meaningful understanding of respect. If you want to be friends with him, go ahead. If this new GF ever figures out who you are -- his FWB -- she has rocks in her head if she sticks around.

• Like 2
ChatroomHero

I'd ask him if you can bring your new boyfriend over to watch the GOT finale and if he'll give him a massage too. The only way I could describe his behavior is scummy. I wouldn't keep contact with someone that scummy.

Maybe he's pulling you in for a threesome type deal....you know Netflix and Ménage à trois.

• Like 1
Veronica73

So weird. That would make me feel uncomfortable enough that I’d probably cut off contact completely. WTF? Who would be okay with this?! Bizarre.

• Like 1
TheFinalWord

Where do you all meet these people? Better yet, why do you let these people in your lives? :lmao:

• Like 1
stillafool

Okay I have a different take on this. If you guys were just FWBs who agreed that even if you don't end up together you will still be friends - isn't this what he's proposing? Why is it a problem for you now? I would certainly understand if his new gf isn't down for it but this is what the two of you agreed on.

• Like 1