Have a crush on my nurse

Redguitar35

Redguitar35

I have a medical condition that occasionally requires me to get blood drawn every few months. The last several times I’ve done it was with this same nurse who is about my age. Long story short we’ve chatted a few times about her life etc and I like her a lot and want to get to know her outside the doctors office. From what I know she’s living the single life. Didn’t ask for her number but she says she’s on Facebook and insta. How to proceed? What to say that indicates my desire to get together, discreetly without jeopardizing her job.

Edited by Redguitar35
amaysngrace

At my daughter’s job, two years need to pass where you’re no longer a patient before anything personal can begin.

I’m very surprised she gave her social network info to you. If my daughter sees someone even found her by stalking her she blocks them immediately.

• Like 2
I have a medical condition that occasionally requires me to get blood drawn every few months. The last several times I’ve done it was with this same nurse who is about my age. Long story short we’ve chatted a few times about her life etc and I like her a lot and want to get to know her outside the doctors office. From what I know she’s living the single life. Didn’t ask for her number but she says she’s on Facebook and insta. How to proceed? What to say that indicates my desire to get together, discreetly without jeopardizing her job.

Find someone else to take your blood, then proceed to ask her out.

• Like 2
  • Author
Redguitar35
At my daughter’s job, two years need to pass where you’re no longer a patient before anything personal can begin.

I’m very surprised she gave her social network info to you.

She didn’t, she just said she’s on there, didn’t give out any info. I don’t know anything about the regulations but I really don’t mean any harm.

Lotsgoingon

Let her ask you out.

Remember it's easy to fall for nurses and coffee servers and so on with great personalities. But great energy and happiness to see you does NOT mean she's interested in you.

Heck I have a bit of a crush on my doctor. I'm not going to ask her out ... because I'm betting half her patients have a crush on her. She's wonderfully caring, and funny and warm and smart. And I'm seeing her for what ... 15 minutes once a year?

Plus, you get into the harassment thing. Your nurse's job is partly to be warm and friendly. Chill ... if she wants you to ask her out, she will tell you directly.

Just enjoy the banter.

• Like 1
Let her ask you out.

Remember it's easy to fall for nurses and coffee servers and so on with great personalities. But great energy and happiness to see you does NOT mean she's interested in you.

Heck I have a bit of a crush on my doctor. I'm not going to ask her out ... because I'm betting half her patients have a crush on her. She's wonderfully caring, and funny and warm and smart. And I'm seeing her for what ... 15 minutes once a year?

Plus, you get into the harassment thing. Your nurse's job is partly to be warm and friendly. Chill ... if she wants you to ask her out, she will tell you directly.

Just enjoy the banter.

Your nurse will absolutely not ask you out, unless she is one of those very unprofessional healthcare providers who want to be disciplined by their licensing board. You need to find some excuse and switch to another place to get your blood drawn, keep in touch with her in the meanwhile (so she doesn’t forget you) and make a move after an appropriate amount of time has passed (6-24 months). I doubt you have the patience to do all this.

• Like 3

She's not going to ask you out and she most likely will not go out with patients... and she most likely has a boyfriend. You only know as much about her as she's let you know--which means you know nothing about her life. Speculation isn't fact, no matter how badly you may want it to be so.

d0nnivain

Odds are that unless she has your chart in her hands, she doesn't know your name. Think about the various tasks in your work. That is what you are to her -- a job.

That said, if she's the nurse at one of those blood places, even the lab in the hospital the rules about patients might be a little more lax. It's not like she is your doctor who you see every visit. It's more a luck of the draw thing. However, once there is even one date, she can no longer perform any medical services for you.

If you ask & she says no, do not push this & understand if she never treats you again.

Art_Critic

I'd also bet that dating a patient could possibly affect her malpractice insurance.. my Mom always carried it as was required by the hospital she worked out of and if the nurse doesn't have it then she most likely has Professional liability insurance so she would be risking issues with that then throw on the medical board she would have to face when they called her out to remove her license..

Honestly... leave her alone.. she is just doing her job and showing how to properly care for you and you are interpreting those good feels wrongly...

• Like 1