Just a date

We met on OKC, blonde girl that was pretty attractive in her pictures. She asked to exchange numbers so I asked for hers and sent her a text. A couple hours later my phone rings, as I am quickly Googling the number I realize its the girl I just texted and I answer, we chatted for over an hour.

At first I was kinda like WTF, even about the things she was talking about until I learned what she did for work (common) and I settled into the conversation which got really good. I asked for the date, assuming some time that week as we were talking on a Sunday and she blurted out “how about tomorrow” and I agreed. We were to meet at the mall for tea and a chat or walk around. The next day at work she even called me when I got back to work after lunch, again a little surprising – our nice chat had definitely caught her attention and she was pursuing for certain. I said I couldn’t talk and said I was looking forward to seeing her later that evening, as did she.

We met at the mall and she was definitely off from her pictures, her pics were when she was certainly less curvy but she was by no means fat and was dressed to impress. Her butt was amazing in her tight jeans and she gave me a kiss on the cheek as we hugged when meeting.

I do not exaggerate at all when I say this girl was giving off all the positive signs of attraction to me, walking right beside me, rubbing up to me, bumping into me, flirting, playing with her hair – every sign they say to watch for, she was doing in spades. I pick up on these things, I pick up on these things even when not looking for them because it goes back to hard-wired human nature.

We had our tea and a great chat, we close the place and she suggests a walk, I am down. We walk through a book store, still flirting fully and I start lightly touching the small of her back as she walks beside me. We are then told that place is closing too and we head back into the mall. We then look at some jewelry through a store window before she asks where I parked, says she is parked right outside the door that is right there and that it was nice meeting me and basically good night. I say “Oh I’ll walk you to your car” fully anticipating a hot make out session but to my shock she says its ok, gives me a quick hug, another peck on the cheek and she bails outta there.

I spin around and head for the section of the mall that I parked in front of while in utter disarray about what had just happened right there. I had played it cool the entire time since we first matched online, I never groped her or gave off any sleazy vibes, I was a calm gentleman that listened well, spoke and asked questions. She gave off an array of positive signals and then that ending – when the first half goes the way it did they simply don’t end like that. I’ve been on over 100 dates, I repeat, dates that go that well don’t end like that.

Immediately I am making assumptions and excuses. Maybe she had to go to the washroom really bad, maybe, but, but, maybe… – you get the idea, but nothing I could come up with made any sense but my gut knew things had gone bad in a hurry.

It was silence after the date – another bad sign as they will always follow up with a thank you text or straight up ask to meet again. The next day was silence again, I then knew this thing was probably done but I would call her that evening to make sure. I called and there was no answer – which I knew had just given me my answer, she had checked out.

Later that night I was on OKC and saw she was online so I unmatched her. Premature yes but I’ve learned to trust my gut in these things and it never fails in situations like this. Then just before lunch today I got verification from her, I got the good old text stating “you are a great guy but I didn’t feel chemistry, I am sorry”. Typically I just hit delete on those and move on, but I replied that there is no need to apologize, that’s dating, I wished her the best and to take care.

Then she replies asking if we can be friends??? What? I should have said no thank you, I am in the market for a girlfriend but instead I put “sure, why not”, she replied something like “great” and then I hit delete on the thread and went to lunch, still wondering just what the heck her deal was now because literally none of this makes sense. I have been rejected before, lots, and never was I asked to be friends like that.

My addendum? She was a really good actress during the date and legit wasn’t into me, ignored my call and then saw that I had unmatched her so her “guilt” pushed her to ask to be friends – like that’s some sort of consolation prize or something. Essentially I think she’s just light on dating experience and was trying to be nice to a boy she had a really nice talk with, daydreamed about but after meeting her portrayal or hopes didn’t pan out.

Edited by CLS63AMG

She's probably just one of those flirtatious, touchy, more gregarious people. I had a friend like that, and to be fair, she was an extreme, extreme attention hog and social like a shark feeding on chum. I mean, with guys she likely never wanted to sleep with, she would do more touching than other women would with men they DO want to sleep with. She'd befriend some of them, she was fairly entertaining, not at all reliable or on time, and she was a size queen, the only size queen I've known (female) in my 66 years.

There's all types out there. It's true gregarious women are not very common. Some people just like to spin you like a top.

• Author
She's probably just one of those flirtatious, touchy, more gregarious people. I had a friend like that, and to be fair, she was an extreme, extreme attention hog and social like a shark feeding on chum. I mean, with guys she likely never wanted to sleep with, she would do more touching than other women would with men they DO want to sleep with. She'd befriend some of them, she was fairly entertaining, not at all reliable or on time, and she was a size queen, the only size queen I've known (female) in my 66 years.

There's all types out there. It's true gregarious women are not very common. Some people just like to spin you like a top.

True, I had never considered she was an extreme attention w**** but it fits the mold and she certainly looked the part (bleach blonde hair, pants so tight they'd pop if you had a razor blade, super high heels), actually that's most likely exactly what she was now that I think of it.

I was unfortunate enough to date one of them in high school and it was a nightmare, I had actually forgotten about it until a friend got tangled up with one and he told me the horror stories of her chatting up guys literally everywhere they went, in his case she gave off the signals but it was all just for their attention and approval of her.

d0nnivain

I had a different take. You mention everything she did on this date but other than touching the small of her back, I don't see a thing you initiated. The poor girl probably felt rejected. She initiated the 1st phone call. She set the day of the date. She carried the conversation. She initiated the flirting. What did you do?

• Like 1
Redhead14
I had a different take. You mention everything she did on this date but other than touching the small of her back, I don't see a thing you initiated. The poor girl probably felt rejected. She initiated the 1st phone call. She set the day of the date. She carried the conversation. She initiated the flirting. What did you do?

Yeah, I'm thinking like you, dOnnivain. Sounds to me like he was all up in the attention HE was getting . . .