Texts me all the time but is "busy"

I don't want to sounds like a whiny son of a you-know-what, but this is my situation. I've met this guy at school and we like each other. We've been out a couple of times, but due to finals week and such we haven't really been able to see each other very much, maybe once a week if that. Thus, we've been texting very very frequently.

He goes full-time to a community college and I'm about to start full-time next semester at university. It's been a little frustrating I must admit because he says he's busy but sometimes if we ask each other what we're doing he'll say he's playing video games, and I've walked by the study hall a couple times and just see him shooting the crap with his friends. Sometimes I try to just kinda not respond to his texts so I can focus on my work but usually he's always texting me, and then double-texts if I don't respond.

I guess it's a little insulting for him to complain about how busy he is because I'm taking more units than he is and working three jobs while he doesn't have a job this semester. It's not like he never asks to hang out, like hes been asking recently and I agreed to hang out this weekend, but I don't know.

I think I'm just going to respond very sparingly to his texts, even less than I have been. I am the type of person who likes spending time face to face rather than sending kiss emojis over text. I have also expressed to him that I worry we're going to grow apart in the fall, because I won't even be at the same school, and he said he disagreed and to just play it by year. Maybe it is just my insecurity from other relationships where I've been away and things change.

Am I dealing with this right? I feel like this whole situation is causing me more stress than happiness, and my family really likes him so I don't want to make them not like him.

Well, so now you know he's a liar, so why even go out with him anymore? He's busy having fun at college with different people and not about to dedicate his time to you.

try what your suggesting yourself, do not be as quick to respond to his texts,

be more distant,

it will be interesting to see then if he fights for your affection so to speak,

I agree in general, excessive texting is somewhat false really, you need to meet up in person and have fun together.

We've been out a couple of times,

Keep your expectations in check

Expectations are future resentments under construction

Take him at his word. These are the things he's showing you he's making time for. You are low on his list of priorities.

Why do you bother at all with him? Stop replying. He's a liar, he's only seeking some text attention. You're heading to uni you will not run out of men to date. You are young, learn how to drop those players asap, it will save you a lot of heartaches.

• Like 1
Maybe it is just my insecurity from other relationships

It's called experience. It's good to learn from it.

The Outlaw

If he can't make the time for you, or is constantly busy, that says it all. We make time for people we want in our lives, whether it's romantic or platonic. It's harsh, but it's true. He isn't worth it.

Redhead14

Ella, this guy is keeping you on a string for when other options dry up and/or he's bored or horny or whatever. If he were truly interested in you, he'd be making time for you and not lying.

Stop replying to him PERIOD. Block his number and delete it so you aren't tempted to reach out to him.

d0nnivain

Texting is easy. Making time for somebody takes effort.

I was going to tell you to power down because college finals are stressful but if he has time to BS with his buddies & play video games if he cared about you, he'd find some time for you. Even a study date would be better then what you are getting.

• Like 1
alphamale

when a relationship causes more distress than joy it's time to jump ship

• Like 2
I'veseenbetterlol
If he can't make the time for you, or is constantly busy, that says it all. We make time for people we want in our lives, whether it's romantic or platonic. It's harsh, but it's true. He isn't worth it.

Bingo! You have time for him and you have more on your plate, NEXT!