Can you go from fast to slow and survive?

I see a lot about new relationships that start off going 0-60 crashing and burning. What if you mutually decide to take things slower? Does that increase the odds of possibly something long term?

Some would assume so...but like any relationship, it's a toss of the dice no matter what.

• Like 1

It would be tricky, I guess. I think it would be important to stop expecting so much "maintenance" via texting, etc., and instead have quality face time so that you don't burn out from just telling each other everything via text and then be bored in person.

The Outlaw

Possibly, but there aren't any guarantees. Last one I had, I wanted to take it slow. She didn't. I was ghosted, but was better off without her in the long run.

greymatter
I see a lot about new relationships that start off going 0-60 crashing and burning. What if you mutually decide to take things slower? Does that increase the odds of possibly something long term?

Define slow. What does that mean to you?

In my experience, it hasn’t worked out, but it could go either way I suppose if you are both playing on mutual grounds.

slow but not too slow,

you probably need to meet at least once a week or 3 times in a month, no slower than that,

I dated a lady casually for 6 months, meeting once a month!

it proved difficult to build any proper intimacy or connection,

it was like we were always strangers again at the start of each date.