rejects me but keeps looking at me?

crazyguy123

crazyguy123

Hey, so let me explain this story as fast as possible.

So last year, my friends tried to set me up with this girl. by the way, i haven't met her yet only added her on Instagram. She didn't really seem interested, at the same time.

So then, i asked her out twice because i good things about her from other friends. she would flake the day off.

Then I decided to move on find another girl that would be interested.

Yesterday, those same friends threw a little party. She was there and it was my first time seeing her. We were busy with our own friends but i'd we did keep eye contact a few times. on top of that, she looked my way a few times.

whats up with that?

Versacehottie

Sounds like you want an exact answer like it's some mathematical formula--which it isn't unfortunately (and fortunately!!).

So while I can't give you that, I can give you best guesses/most likely answer: a year ago is a long time ago relatively, her life may have changed to where she is open or available for a relationship, that's A. B. she was somewhat afraid or unimpressed by what she learned about you before so she didn't pursue it but in person she is intrigued, congratulations. C. The very fact that you did not hound her and were at the party doing you has got her interested. Good on you to stay confident (whether it was subconsciously, somewhat or fully), see that works.

Ok, now what to do? I think you should have talked to her at the party and bridge the awkwardness of her flaking before by making a joke and making her your real life friend and of course flirted with her a bit. IMO, it's better to arrange to be where she will be next time and do that next time. I wouldn't try to hit her up on social media because you will look like you were afraid or baffled to talk to her in person. If you already like some of her stuff or if the opportunity comes up naturally to comment on some of her stuff, i think it's ok to do that. But if anything she is intrigued by the "in-person you". Something about your mannerisms, and confidence so use that to make a date happen rather than pursue passively.

BTW, she could have been looking at you because she is curious about what she passed up with you and wondering if she did the right thing. Also she could have been looking at you because you were looking at her. And there's the possibility that any true level of interest is in your mind only. For now, let's assume, she is somewhat interested, like you think. Good luck

The Outlaw

It may not mean anything, or she could have come to regret brushing you off.

Timing could have been off one year ago. Maybe she was interested or with someone else. Sounds to me like she could be interested now. Maybe ask her out again?

d0nnivain

Perhaps she simply has enough sense to not date some guy she only knew virtually through IG. She wanted the opportunity to eye ball you in person, in real life.

Leave her be on social media but the next time you see her for real, talk to her & get to know her the old fashioned way. Then you can properly gage whether there is enough interest to ask her out for real, not through some device / app.

• Author
crazyguy123
Perhaps she simply has enough sense to not date some guy she only knew virtually through IG. She wanted the opportunity to eye ball you in person, in real life.

Leave her be on social media but the next time you see her for real, talk to her & get to know her the old fashioned way. Then you can properly gage whether there is enough interest to ask her out for real, not through some device / app.

Okay. Just curious why look at me a lot though?

rightondude

ask her out and find out. Of course you probably should have approached her at the party if you were interested.

• Like 1
d0nnivain

Because this was her 1st time seeing you in person & she wanted a sense of who you are. Contrary to popular belief you cannot determine that through social media.

She was looking at you because you were on her radar. She previously flaked on you & perhaps you made her nervous that you were now going to confront her or be mean to her or otherwise cause a scene so she was keeping an eye on you out of self preservation.

Maybe she asked her friends the same, why did you keep looking at her. If she kept looking at you then you had to be looking at her as often to notice.

• Like 1

Maybe she wanted you to go over there and talk to her.....why would you miss such an opportunity?

• Like 1
  • Author
crazyguy123
Maybe she wanted you to go over there and talk to her.....why would you miss such an opportunity?

I wanted too but she turned me down twice already so if she wanted too, I'd get her to talk to me instead.

I wanted too but she turned me down twice already so if she wanted too, I'd get her to talk to me instead.

Ya but she has never met you before, so why should she agree to go out with you? Yer just some dude on IG.

But there she was in the flesh! You should have some confidence in yourself to at least introduce yourself, and has some one on one light friendly convo with her. She might have liked you now that she had a chance to see you in person.

• Like 1