How to handle dating a girl who was in an emotionally abusive relationship

chemistry man

chemistry man

I started dating a woman at work about 2 weeks after she broke up with an emotionally

abusive boyfriend. The first time I saw her was on the fourth of July. She was happy and

started holding my hand. Her friends who were with her said I had better be good to her in a

joking way but serious. I did not know at the time that she was abused. Over the next 3

weeks we went out about 6 times and always ended the night with a hug . On the

sixth date we kissed. Nothing deep, just a few light kisses on the lips. For the next week she

she would act different. For example I would ask her out and she would be rude and say not

really or if she had to walk to her car at night from work, I would say let me walk you and she

would say no she would let security do it. I thought she didnt want anyone to know about us

so I put it out my mind. Besides all her friends were behind me and said she was happy and

liked me and to keep up the good work. I asked them if she was okay and they said she was

fine even though she was strange to me.

Finally I had had enough of the cold shoulder so I called her and she was

upset. She said she was going through personal stuff and thats why she was so distant. I

did not pry and said if you need to talk then let me know. I hung up with her and 20 minutes

later I got a text saying" I am so sorry i suck. Dont waste your time on me. You are too great

and I dont know what I want. Naturally I called and said I was going to come over and

we could talk. She said okay. I went over and we talked for an hour. She said she really liked

me but didnt want to be in a relationship right now because she had never had a break in

between relationships and she wanted to be on her own for a while. She said she wanted

to see if she gets in relationships because she wants one or because its conveinant. She also

said she going through past issues and didnt want to drag me in.

I told her that was fine and that when or if she was ready for a relationship

then to keep me in mind. I left her on a good note. Over the next week I sent her 2 text

messages saying I am here for you and enjoy your days off. I would see her at work during

this week and she would talk briefly. I never mentioned going out again just kept the talks

simple. The next week she started coming over and occassionally touching my back and leg.

Then when I was sitting down she would sit in my lap. I was thinking what is up , I thought

she wanted space. I text her to ask if she wanted to go out as friends to a movie with no

pressure on her. We didnt go because she said she was tired. I would try to call her t ask her

out only as a friend again but this time she was out wit her girl friends. I saw her the next

day and she said when she sent the message that she was out with her friens that she got

so drunk that she needed a ridr home. She said she thought of calling me. I felt good that

she thought of me. The next day we laughed and joked at work. The next day I got off early

and text her to ask if she wanted to hang. I got no response.

Today I called her to see if she wanted to have lunch and she didnt

answer the phone so i left a message. I got no response. I then noticed a pattern that

when we talked before the relationship talk that night she would answer the phone and

talk to me but after that talk she would only respond to text messages. Now she wont

respond at all. I will see her at work for the next week till i am off. Whats going on and

what should i do.

laRubiaBonita

leave her to rot...is what i would do if i were you.

she seems ungreatful, controling, and just plain rude.

blue_eyes18

Right. Just don't even give her the time of day. It doesn't sound like she really wants you at all like that. If she did, she would let you know and wouldn't act confusing and ****ty. I wouldn't even call her ass again.