My ex is trying to convince me to date her friend?

cgo1234567

Ex tried convincing me to date her friend after she was informed by the friend that we started talking. Asked all the usual questions and stating things like:

Do you like her?

How does she make you feel?

Ask her out already!

OMG i ship you guys!

I also found out around that a week after she discovered I was talking to someone she started dating a new dude and even mentioned him the last time we talked.

Should I be creeped out by how supportive she is being? She calls me about it and told me she missed me once before she got into a relationship ( although I suspect she said it as a friend way). Perhaps she looking out for me and her friend?

emeraldgreen

If she dumped you then it might be easing her guilt.

Yes, it's a bit unsettling because you don't need a relationship that 3 people get to talk about. You want new girl get to know you on her own without having a resource to go back to any time she wants to know something about you.

You don't have to be creeped out but I would put a lot more distance in here. EXs have no need to have the info about each other that you two know.

It's an unusual situation that really depends a lot on why you and your ex broke up, and on what terms.

I'm assuming it ended well (otherwise you wouldn't be talking to your ex), so I'd just decide based on what you want. If you do decide to date her friend and your ex gets upset, that's partly on her for encouraging you.

But I'm making some major assumptions here. What caused you to break up with your ex (or vice versa)?

Well this is good news to you if you are interested in dating your ex's friend as she's giving you the green light. Are you interested in her friend? If not, tell her thank you and go on about your business dating whomever you chose. Probably since she's moved on with another guy she wants you to be happy too and she knows her friend is a good person.