Dishonesty - matching with friend

soulseek

I have been seeing this guy close to 6 weeks. His schedule was fairly full with work, and training and he consistently gave me his weekend evenings after work, alongside another week day evening. I didnt see many opportunities for him to even date others.

The problem is, he told me he deleted dating apps on his phone. That he was exclusively seeing me. Stated I could have him if I wanted him. Wanted me to meet his family this weekend. He did mention a few times though that we were not official and was waiting to do that. I noticed when going to delete my online account that his profile was still up. I figured he just uninstalled the app. I dropped some potential guys as I felt this was going in a good direction. Turns out he matched with my friend last night.

Last week he told me hasnt felt such a way for someone. How to have me in his life would be a dream come true etc. I feel like a fool.

How do I proceed?

I have been seeing this guy close to 6 weeks. His schedule was fairly full with work, and training and he consistently gave me his weekend evenings after work, alongside another week day evening. I didnt see many opportunities for him to even date others.

The problem is, he told me he deleted dating apps on his phone. That he was exclusively seeing me. Stated I could have him if I wanted him. Wanted me to meet his family this weekend. He did mention a few times though that we were not official and was waiting to do that. I noticed when going to delete my online account that his profile was still up. I figured he just uninstalled the app. I dropped some potential guys as I felt this was going in a good direction. Turns out he matched with my friend last night.

Last week he told me hasnt felt such a way for someone. How to have me in his life would be a dream come true etc. I feel like a fool.

How do I proceed?

He lied to you, the only way to proceed from here on is to dump him. Would be foolish to continue dating him

• Author
He lied to you, the only way to proceed from here on is to dump him. Would be foolish to continue dating him

It is probably not fair to just straight ghost him. Should I say anything in regards to him being dishonest?

It is probably not fair to just straight ghost him. Should I say anything in regards to him being dishonest?

No, I don't mean ghost. Just tell him you found out he lied to you about dating you exclusively and that you know he's still playing the field and then goodbye and block

Blind-Sided

He lied. Period. You don't know him all that well and he is taking you down a road to heartache already. I've been with my STBxW for 20 years, and dishonesty, and hiding the truth is ripping apart my family. Because of that... I have a real problem with dishonesty.

Don't ghost him... confront him. Then he will know why you left.

Dating apps are very different for men and women. I could say all those things, still be into the girl, and still be trying to match on a dating app.

My match rate is well under 1 per 3 months, might get 4-6 a year I guess. So even though I may be swipping, its always more window shopping than anything.

For women if you swipe you will end up talking to someone, very different scenario. So although its ****ty you found out he's been using it, I'm not sure its as conclusive as you thought.

Also guys get put into girls queue's weeks in advance. Girls have a bunch of matches usually lined up. I heard online of a case where a guy swiped right on his friend sitting next to him, and it took her 60+ left swipes to get to him.