LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Is this a waste of time?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2019, 11:36 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousroxy86 View Post
Also if I were you I wouldn't close the door on local guys. You never know when a man moves into your town that you never seen or dated before. Give atleast a new guy that's local you never seen or dated before a chance before writing him off. But that's just my opinion.
Hard to meet those new-in-town guys. OLD are mostly local guys or those who have been living here for a while
Lorenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 1:03 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenza View Post
Hard to meet those new-in-town guys. OLD are mostly local guys or those who have been living here for a while
Yea like for me I too feel like the only guys online are guys I am not interested in or have already communicated with or dated for the most part. However I still will take the time to do quick search for new members. Every once in awhile I get a message from or I will see a guy in search that I'm attracted too. So Just remain open even if they don't come often. It wouldn't hurt to search both local and long distance since you are opening up your personal dating pool by choosing to be open to ldr. I personally refuse ldr so my pool will remain limited lol. Doesn't make sense to close your pool from local just because you think it may never happen locally. You never know. Keep it open anyway. Plus if your also getting out the house and remaining open to the guys you see while in public whether local or ldr again that's opening up your dating world even more so. you never know who you meet, where you meet, and from wherever they are from.
Curiousroxy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 3:33 PM   #18
Established Member

I'm setting my expectations suuuper low. The communication is pretty bad actually. Many hours in between texts. I normally reply withing 20-30 minutes unless I'm with my students or at the uni, and even then I can normally find time during the breaks to reply to whoever texted me. Sure, some people are not big texters, but if you were able to pick your phone to read messages, then you can probably drop a short reply.
Can't imagine an LDR working out with such a slow texter.
Lorenza is offline   Reply With Quote