I don't know how to get out of this gigantic hole I've dug myself

Tearsdontfall7

Tearsdontfall7

I'm a man who has had very little dating success despite being objectively a pretty good catch - I am not ugly, I'm in shape, I am in a very strong position financially and I'm totally marriage/kids minded. I'm not too bad socially - I've had lots and lots of friends over the years. Most people who have gotten to know me have grown to like me quite a bit cause they know I'm a good loyal person at heart.

The problem is the confidence in other parts of my life has not transferred over. For many many years, I convinced myself that women were impossible and dating was totally hopeless...so I destroyed many many easy opportunities I had. Well I've finally snapped out of that hole of hopelessness but now, I don't get any natural dating opportunities anymore. I don't meet women through friends, work, school, church, etc... Trying to approach women at a bar, gym, store, whatever and getting a date out of it is just massively difficult. I approached this attractive girl at a bar two weeks ago, we talked for maybe 30 minutes and seemed to have great chemistry and a lot in common. So I texted her a bit and asked her out twice - 1st time she made an excuse and today she didn't respond. So frustrating considering I know she's in the market and we seemed to have a great time (when I asked her out - she said sure and gave me her number instantly and even called me).

Honestly what it comes down to is women and men are very different. Men see a hot girl somewhere and are ready to go. Most women aren't willing to give a man a chance unless they've interacted with them quite a bit. Their attraction is such an incredibly slow process that, if you don't meet them through daily routine, the difficulty curve to even get it started is just massive. I'm a pretty decent looking guy - I workout, I dress very nice, I regularly get compliments for looking good and here's the real kicker here - I've gone out with all sorts of good looking, beefy, athletic, very successful, masculine etc... men and they've struggled huge in the night scene also. I've found 1 guy who was able to do well with approaching random women and he was borderline male model status. Literally you have to be top 0.1% of men to get dates nowadays it seems like. The regular top 10% is irrelevant. I've gone out with my best friend who is 5'11 210 lbs 6% bodyfat, all American good looks, 10 million net worth and he has gotten nothing from the night scene either. I've gone out with dozens of men I would say are easily in top 5-10% of general public and they all struggled big time with approaching women. We go after decent looking women around 22-32. We're not approaching supermodels.

Online dating for me is worthless also. The quality of women I want (cute, athletic, no kids, 22-32, quality personality, well spoken and intelligent) are receiving 800 million messages a day and I have no chance there of making anything happen.

I'm so mad at myself for not converting my earlier opportunities. I had multiple very cute and quality girls in college that I could have gotten with and eventually married but my confidence was so crippled that I destroyed it all. Well, I can't change the past now so what the hell do I do moving forward?

I'm a man who has had very little dating success despite being objectively a pretty good catch - I am not ugly, I'm in shape, I am in a very strong position financially and I'm totally marriage/kids minded. I'm not too bad socially - I've had lots and lots of friends over the years. Most people who have gotten to know me have grown to like me quite a bit cause they know I'm a good loyal person at heart.

Well, I can't change the past now so what the hell do I do moving forward?

Just some thoughts. You seem frustrated like I was not long ago. I messed up with a couple women I was crazy about. I would meet a woman and immediately start fantasizing about what a cool girlfriend she would be.

This was my problem. On dates I had no confidence and women pick up on this subconsciously. I was emitting a boyfriend/relationship vibe on dates. I was trying to prove myself to be a good man for a relationship. And got rejected.

What I'm saying is that the dating scene has changed, evolved.

When you interact with a woman instead of hoping she'll like you, go with the attitude of "I hope I'll like HER." Get these women off the pedestal! They don't belong there. YOU do!

You have a hard time approaching women because you still lack confidence. Deep down you still don't believe you're a good catch.

You seem preoccupied with getting into a relationship. Most men get into a relationship because they can't handle being alone. ("Woe is me. Frank and Bob seem so happy with their gorgeous girlfriends and here I am all alone ?.")

Most men get into relationships also to ensure easy access to sex. Instead of trying to score new sex it's easier to hit up the current girlfriend because she's already "in".

You are oozing the flop sweat of desperation and women can sense this.

Remember how I said dating has changed and evolved? From my personal experience most women just want sex. If they want a relationship they don't tell me that. You have to adjust your expectations to 2019.

We are officially in the 'hook up' culture. Again, from my experience, and I'm in Los Angeles, most women will want to have a NSA sex several times with the guy and then decide if they want a relationship later on.

I know it sounds sleazy but Larry Dallas on Three's Company was way ahead of his time.

Believe you are the good catch you say you are here. Get confident. Your body language will be confident too. Women will sense that also.

Lastly, please stop making your pursuit of a relationship your main goal in life. What are you passionate about? What have you always dreamed of accomplishing in life? Go for it. A woman you are into may wanna hang out for awhile.

• Like 1
TheFinalWord

Try to stay positive friend.

It's not uncommon for a man to have all areas of his life together, aside from finding a relationship. You're not alone.

What area of the country are you living in? I guess I should also ask, are you in the USA?

The above poster is spot in. Try not to be outcome dependent. You should also screen women and realize you are the prize.

healing light
Remember how I said dating has changed and evolved? From my personal experience most women just want sex. If they want a relationship they don't tell me that. You have to adjust your expectations to 2019.

most women will want to have a NSA sex several times with the guy and then decide if they want a relationship later on.

As a woman in my early 30s who is marriage-minded, I do not think you will find a quality woman with this sort of attitude. Maybe I'm being judgmental, but if you want a serious relationship, I doubt you're going to find it with women that just want to ride you a couple of times before deciding further about relationship goals.

I do agree, though, that if you feel desperate or hopeless for a woman that this may subconsciously leak through your body language or interactions.

When you mention you are on the "night scene" looking for ladies, what does that mean? Where are you trying to meet them? Can you join a Meetup group or some other kind of group that might be a part of your hobbies? This way you can get to know many different women casually who already share an interest of yours without the "pressure" of it being a date, and if you click you can ask them out.

Don't worry , the whole old thing is just a myth for most women too , l think guys go round building this up and shooting themselves in the foot while they're at it, dunno why the hell, l really don't.

Read women here over and over 100s of times, at the end of the day they have just as harder time finding that someone as we do believe me.

And every woman l met back when told all the same stories. Maybe they just have to kick more toads outa the way than we do though.

But funny , you talk about wealth a lot.

I drove a very expensive car for a few years, l'm not loaded by any means and l'm not interested in pretending to be , but l'd just always wanted this car. l had zero concern what effect it might have on ladies , l was married and couldn't have cared less , but l did just notice.

None , if anything , they looked the other way when l'd pull up somewhere, one or two might stare , but it was nothing like at different stages back when l drove bombs and would've looked broke, never had a problem getting plenty of looks from hotties.

So anything money l concluded , is a weird thing with women and doesn't necessarily mean Jack.

Matter of fact l think it could be very intimidating to most.

Personally l think this confident thing preached all over the internet is highly highly over rated too.

People come with a billion different personalities, male and female. Matter of fact l often find confident people too in your face and a pain in the ass, especially well off ones, this could be happening with the ladies for you and maybe why you did better before. A bit of humilty goes a long long way.

l'd think add the wealth and it's back to intimidation amd just looking a bit too much, or too like a big shot in many cases, big turn off.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1
  • Author
Tearsdontfall7
You are oozing the flop sweat of desperation and women can sense this.

We are officially in the 'hook up' culture. Again, from my experience, and I'm in Los Angeles, most women will want to have a NSA sex several times with the guy and then decide if they want a relationship later on.

I know it sounds sleazy but Larry Dallas on Three's Company was way ahead of his time.

Believe you are the good catch you say you are here. Get confident. Your body language will be confident too. Women will sense that also.

Lastly, please stop making your pursuit of a relationship your main goal in life. What are you passionate about? What have you always dreamed of accomplishing in life? Go for it. A woman you are into may wanna hang out for awhile.

I don't come across as desperate. I actually come across as plenty confident

but here's my main point - even if you do a great job and you're pretty damn good looking, getting dates from women from a 1 time interaction is very hard. Women's attraction is such a slow process that they mostly want to meet somebody from social circle and other part of their natural life. They're really not open to dating a guy they met at a gym or bar unless he's a male model

I don't meet women in my daily routine so I'm basically ***ked

as far as your other comments go, my life is absolutely perfect. I have a job making big money that I really enjoy that's super easy. I have tons and tons and tons of awesome friends, great lifestyle, great family. There is nothing else for me to improve on as far as the rest of my life goes but i've wanted a girlfriend for 15 years now to no avail and it's never been harder than it is now.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
quote edited
  • Author
Tearsdontfall7
Try to stay positive friend.

It's not uncommon for a man to have all areas of his life together, aside from finding a relationship. You're not alone.

What area of the country are you living in? I guess I should also ask, are you in the USA?

The above poster is spot in. Try not to be outcome dependent. You should also screen women and realize you are the prize.

I live 30 minutes from Chicago

and I agree that you need to screen women but I don't get any opportunities with anybody date-able. I've had tons of women approach me but they're always over 30, in horrible shape (I work out 6 days a week), single moms, etc...

Have you tried any of the advice you've gotten from this site over the years?

but here's my main point - even if you do a great job and you're pretty damn good looking, getting dates from women from a 1 time interaction is very hard. Women's attraction is such a slow process that they mostly want to meet somebody from social circle and other part of their natural life. They're really not open to dating a guy they met at a gym or bar unless he's a male model

As I've told you before, this simply isn't true. There is a reason why meeting your partner at a bar is a gigantic stereotype -- it's because it happens. I know a number of women who met their husbands at bars, and I myself met my husband at a bar.

I don't meet women in my daily routine so I'm basically ***ked

Then the logical solution is to change your routine -- as has been suggested to you over and over again.

• Like 2

Be logical. If what you say is true, that it's so difficult for the vast majority of men, doesn't that mean the human race will become extinct? Do you not see men your age dating and having girlfriends? I do, I see plenty of young couples.

If you are a rational person, you must ask yourself if your assessment of the situation is wrong.

Wallysbears

How old are you? If your "target" demographic is 22-32, then I hope you are younger than 35. Women in that age range don't tend to want to date guys in their 40's, for instance.

• Author
Tearsdontfall7
How old are you? If your "target" demographic is 22-32, then I hope you are younger than 35. Women in that age range don't tend to want to date guys in their 40's, for instance.

I'm 30

Ideally i want like a 27 28 year old

• Author
Tearsdontfall7
Be logical. If what you say is true, that it's so difficult for the vast majority of men, doesn't that mean the human race will become extinct? Do you not see men your age dating and having girlfriends? I do, I see plenty of young couples.

If you are a rational person, you must ask yourself if your assessment of the situation is wrong.

99% of guys meet women via friends and daily routine

Cold approaching and online dating is only for top 0.1% of men. I'm telling you I've gone to bars with tons and tons of great looking men in awesome shape who were very likable and they got nothing from the night scene. The only guy I've ever seen do well is a borderline male model.

Women are tribal creatures. If you don't exist in their social circle, even if you're good looking and make a lot of money, you don't exist in their world

Edited by Tearsdontfall7
Wallysbears

What about Meetup? Is that still a thing? Join some meetup groups and expand your social circle. It is spring time which means that people that are active will be getting outside and doing things. Find a way to get involved with a new circle of people and meeting new people.

• Author
Tearsdontfall7
What about Meetup? Is that still a thing? Join some meetup groups and expand your social circle. It is spring time which means that people that are active will be getting outside and doing things. Find a way to get involved with a new circle of people and meeting new people.

Honestly i don't know if i want any more friends. I barely have enough time to see everybody I care for now

As far as meetup goes, everybody I've asked about told me its mostly men and older women. Good looking, athletic 28 year old women have a million men interested in them. They're not going to any groups to find anybody. Men are destroying their doors to meet them

• Like 1

So what works for you is repeated contact, so I just recommend you join in with hobbies, hiking, bowling, maybe even bingo, meetups for special interests (You know, like paranormal, collectors, whatever), or take an college class like kayaking or cooking. Get creative and volunteer someplace a couple hours a week, like the zoo, an animal rescue (meet lots of women there!), or dressing underprivileged kids for prom, etc. Volunteer at church. Become a BoyScout leader and meet some grateful single moms. Things like that are mostly all women. If they aren't single, one of their friends is. It's important to do interactive things that repeat themselves, though.

Volunteering for an animal rescue, those places are swarming with good hearted women. Some may be a little burnt out on humans, though, from what they've seen, and have to build up trust. And there are other types of animal rescues, such as near my town, we have a wonderful bird sanctuary where this one woman, an attractive 40-ish blonde, makes her life mending wild birds, with a rotating staff of volunteers that range from college kids to criminals doing community service (which I'm not comfortable with personally -- I worked briefly with one at the zoo). But point being places like that are desperate for help and especially someone who is at all handy and can lift things. Most of her volunteers are younger girls. She needs a handyman real bad. Other rescues around my area include a bunny place and lots and lots of dog and cat rescues.

These places don't need to take up more than one day a week, or a couple hours a week. When I volunteered at the zoo, it was 2-3 hours per week, and then I filled in a couple times, sat with a cat post surgery to keep an eye, watched as they mixed a stork in with some antelope, just to be sure it all went smoothly.

So get creative to meet people.

• Like 1
  • Author
Tearsdontfall7

My taste is too specific for any of those things to work though

Most of those recommendations are going to have women over 30, single moms, men and older people. I'm only interested in athletic and decent looking women around 22 to 32, no kids, intelligent and classy. I'm huge into fitness, i need a girl who loves to workout

quote removed

I think your best bet would be a running club or some other type of club for people who are into outdoor fitness. Have you gone to a dog park? Plenty of hot, single women hang out there. Do you have a dog?

I can almost guarantee you that if you are cute and out walking your dog, tons of chicks will stop and talk to you.

quote removed
My taste is too specific for any of those things to work though

Most of those recommendations are going to have women over 30, single moms, men and older people. I'm only interested in athletic and decent looking women around 22 to 32, no kids, intelligent and classy. I'm huge into fitness, i need a girl who loves to workout

Well, nothing wrong with that. You're active, so don't do bingo. Do kayaking, join a hiking meetup, join a jogging group. But you can't just stay in the gym because hitting on girls at the gym can be creepy for some, so it's not the best place for that, plus it's different people every day. Fitness is a great way to meet women, though. Hiking is very popular. You could also walk your dog a lot and go to dog parks or jog your dog around the park or whatever. Women will say hi to dogs that won't say hi to you. Play tennis or raquetball and join some team. Or join a coed softball or soccer team.

• Author
Tearsdontfall7
I think your best bet would be a running club or some other type of club for people who are into outdoor fitness. Have you gone to a dog park? Plenty of hot, single women hang out there. Do you have a dog?

I can almost guarantee you that if you are cute and out walking your dog, tons of chicks will stop and talk to you.

No dog. I work crazy hours

I assume since you're into fitness, you also eat at healthy food type places. You can meet people by becoming a regular at a restaurant, too.

Maybe you have to move to Europe ;).

Where I live, almost everyone does sport and looks fit!

It’s not difficult to get dates online and offline unless you’re very very bad looking and no charisma at all.

I think it doesn’t matter how good looking and successful you are, finding a right partner will take time, effort, and work!

So be patient! Dont lose faith or hope! One day it will come!

• Author
Tearsdontfall7
I assume since you're into fitness, you also eat at healthy food type places. You can meet people by becoming a regular at a restaurant, too.

You're talking about the women who work at restaurants?

You ain't picking those up unless you're a male model or movie star. Good luck standing out to women who get hit on 1000 times a day

Most of the female posters massively underestimate how many options even decent looking women in their late 20s have. I'm a good looking man in great shape making nearly 200K, with a college degree and extremely intelligent...I'm still basically worthless to women my age

I'm not talking about picking up anyone. I thought you were looking to meet women by getting to know each other because that's what works for you. You can meet people anywhere you go regularly. And meeting people can lead to meeting their friends, etc. That can be a salon or anywhere you make a habit of going, really.

• Author
Tearsdontfall7
Maybe you have to move to Europe ;).

Where I live, almost everyone does sport and looks fit!

It’s not difficult to get dates online and offline unless you’re very very bad looking and no charisma at all.

I think it doesn’t matter how good looking and successful you are, finding a right partner will take time, effort, and work!

So be patient! Dont lose faith or hope! One day it will come!

I live near Chicago, when I go to gyms or bars or night clubs, its overflowing with good looking women but they don't know you and are not gonna give you a chance unless you're absolutely stunning

The difficulty level nowadays associated with getting a slightly above average 27 year old with no kids, in decent shape and classy/quality personality has never been higher than now with the rise of social media.