LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

My friend wants to fix me up

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2019, 11:11 PM   #1
Established Member

My friend wants to fix me up

I was talking to a woman friend if mine last week, she and I have had a nice friendship but she met a guy about 2 years ago and now she is in a relationship with him. I met him once, seems like a good guy. He's about 10-15 years younger than she is (she's 36). They seem happy as clams. And I am happy for her. She said she wants to fix me up with a friend of his, we could do a double date kind of thing. I said since I am feeling like I am too old to find love again what's his story? Jail sentence? Thrice divorced? She said nothing like that. She said he's in his 40s and has a daughter. I said okay keep me posted.

I am afraid anymore. I feel like I am not worthy or anyone or they won't like me because I am too old to attract anyone. I may not look or act like it but ... I feel like I am. Otherwise why would I have had such bad luck? I will keep others posted on this.
mortensorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 11:57 PM   #2
Established Member

Geese lady. You're not old so cut the failure mode.

Just go have fun with zero expectations.

Surprise us with your charm.
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 4:04 AM   #3
Established Member

l second that motion.
And enough of this l'm too old stuff, stop it.
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 6:53 AM   #4
Established Member

You've had such bad luck because (by your own description) you sound like you manage poorly in group settings. Not smiling, not engaging in conversation...and being critical of those who do have those social skill. It's nothing to do with your age.

Go meet this guy. And don't forget to smile and be open! As Marc says, be charming.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 10:05 AM   #5
Established Member

Is this friend of the guy, similar in age to him?? I'm just thinking if your girlfriend is 36 and her guy is 10-15 years younger, would his friend (the fix up) be about the same age??

You are 44, I don't see dating success with a guy in his early or mid 20's??

In general, I stick to the 10 year rule. No more than 10 years older or younger than me.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:12 AM   #6
Established Member

See a photo of him first to be sure he's not totally out of the question because better to say no up front than afterward when a friend sets you up.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:26 AM   #7
Established Member

I think you've bought too easily into the idea that you SHOULD be partnered. Sure, if you're single and don't want to be, a thought like that can easily creep in.

But you don't want to buy that thinking. After all you don't think every guy out there who is looking for a partner is a loser--do you? So neither are you.
Lotsgoingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 11:39 AM   #8
Established Member

Seriously, if you read other threads here on LS it should be clear that your age is not at the top of the list for difficulties in finding love. Your general approach to life, social skills, and attention to your appearance have a lot to do with it.

Be open and receptive and positive and just see where it goes.
Finding my way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 12:57 PM   #9
Established Member

just promise to me mortensorchid that if you start dating this mystery guy that you won't forget us here on LS

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 9:25 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
See a photo of him first to be sure he's not totally out of the question because better to say no up front than afterward when a friend sets you up.

Trueeee.
l got a helluva shock once back in the day with someone setting me up.
Cringing.
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 10:53 AM   #11
Established Member

yuck, never a good idea. Been there done that.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 11:46 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
just promise to me mortensorchid that if you start dating this mystery guy that you won't forget us here on LS
Never. It's too addictive.
mortensorchid is offline   Reply With Quote