Is he interested in me?

justagirl1121

justagirl1121

so if the guy u like has been calling you semi often (every couple days) that's a good thing right? but i still can't tell if it s just a friend thing or maybe tehre's interest, cause he's definitely flirted with me and stuff at work before.

but he sometimes makes comments, and he shows interest but then goes and asks "i have a question. what would u think of being set up with one of jen's friends?" (one of his friends, whom i knew briefly). why'd he ask me that?

but then he does other things. in my last convo, he was like' 'listen to this' and i didnt hear anything really and he was like 'my phone smells now' and i was like YOU ARE NASTY.....etc...he was like 'that's a complement. if you're dating a girl, its not but other wise if a guy does that its a complement.' what's the matter with him, but what's the complement thing about??

we usually talk for a good half hour each time...

also, he got off b/c he was tired. next morning he txted me with like 'i fell asleep right after i got off the phone with you. i woke up at 5am on my moms couch. :)'

that was random and for no reason but he did.....so it seems good to me.

i was like 'so when u going to hang out with us?' and he was like 'when are yu doing stuff?' and i sorta laid out some plans tried to see when he was off. he works sat when we're going out i was like 'do u work early sunday?" and he was like why? for church?"

but then i dropped it. he hints at going out but then.....i dont know.... 'emily? why have i never met her? am i too uncool to meet her? etc...

things seem to be going in a good way i guess, but how do i maybe speed it up. if he's interested i want it to start going somewhere.....

clandestinidad

How old are ya'll and how long has this stuff been going on?? (It would help to form an answer)

Guys don't really "compliment" girls, especially ones they are interested in, by passing gas into a phone so that the girl can hear it. For friends, maybe, for future interests? Nope.

blue_eyes18

haha

I have heard that if a guy farts in front of you and burps, etc, that it is just a sign that he is comfortable around you, which couuld be a good thing. I would hate when this one guy flatulates in front of me, but I have known him so long, I don't think he means anything bad by it. Well, it is kinda rude though. It's freakin sick. I mean, the moron farted right in front of EVERYONE, people he didn't even know, at the boxing match the other night. That pissed me off, and since I didn't know if he was doing it just to make me mad, I reminded him of the 5 other people he didn't even know standing right behind him when he did it. He was drinking though, he prolly didn't care. And why I want someone like that is way beyond my comprehension.

Originally posted by justagirl1121

so if the guy u like has been calling you semi often (every couple days) that's a good thing right? but i still can't tell if it s just a friend thing or maybe tehre's interest, cause he's definitely flirted with me and stuff at work before.

Um he's calling you without ever hanging out with you. That means he likes you.

but then he does other things. in my last convo, he was like' 'listen to this' and i didnt hear anything really and he was like 'my phone smells now' and i was like YOU ARE NASTY.....etc...he was like 'that's a complement. if you're dating a girl, its not but other wise if a guy does that its a complement.' what's the matter with him, but what's the complement thing about??

He said it was a compliment. He likes you.

Judging from your other posts, you are thinking waaaaaaaaaay too hard about this. ASK HIM OUT. Say why haven't we gone out yet? What do you have to lose? This flirting thing you two have going on is gonna get real old. All this time spent talking on the phone could be spent talking to another guy with the balls to ask you out.

The worst thing that could happen is that he doesn't like you. Whatever! Stop talking to him and move on. You know you don't wanna be "just friends" with him. Your brain's gonna explode if you keep thinking like your thinking.

Originally posted by blue_eyes18

Why I want someone like that is way beyond my comprehension.

Eww. I don't understand why you want him either. Five other people? Gross. Tell me he has a sense of humor or he's real sexy, please! He sounds almost as gross as that guy in "along came Polly".

• Author
justagirl1121

well im almost 23 and he just turned 28....i've known him since sept 2004 when we started working together bt i havent seen him since beginning of june since our job ended. but he's been the one to call me every 3-4 days for the past 2 weeks then txt me the other morning, which seemed to be an advancement. i talked to my friend told her things he'd do at work. like tap my foot when he walked by, every once in a while touch my arm like if i teased him he'd lightly punch me...came out to the bar with my friends once when i invited him...people at work made comments about us....things like that. to me he seems interested and it baffles me why we aren't dating b/c i look around at other people and if we were someone else we'd be dating...so i'm confused...

Originally posted by justagirl1121

he just turned 28....

You're telling us a 28 yr old farted at you into the phone? :confused: I have no clue how someone that age could think that's a compliment, especially to a girl he's interested in. With everything else, it seems like he's interested, but like you, I'm completely baffled by that. That's really, really weird.

Ask ask him out and you'll know. No more using activities with friends as excuses. You don't have to ask him on a 'date'. It can be something friendly, as long as it's just the 2. Then steer the conversation toward the subject of dating.

• Author
justagirl1121

yeah i dont know why he thought that was a compliment. but guys of any age even at 28 can be immature. and he is mature but he can be really immature. im like what are you, 12? grow up dude! he does it in a joking way usually tho. i wouldnt be going for someone who was seriously immature. i met a girl who is friends with my friends sister and she has NO problem talking about that kind of stuff....so in a way....maybe i'll call him and bring it up. be like so if its a compliment, what does the compliment actually SAY if u put it into words?

No need to ask him anything directly......just fart back at him on the phone. He should then realize you are into him.

• Author
justagirl1121

haha yea...im getting more comfortable around otehr people who obviously have NO problem talking and doing those things (farting, burping u name it) but me, i'd perfer to keep my own privacy.