Girls, what would be the reasons for you to ghost a guy you have been talking to?

I have been talking to a girl, whom I met over the summer last year, for a couple of months now. Unfortunately, we live in different countries and may not end up in the same city at all. However, we have met during the winter when we happened to be in the same city for vacation.

Everything has been going great and I definitely got a strong sense that she's at least slightly interested and would like to get to know me better. We have deep conversations and share many, many things in common, ranging from interests, values and how we look at life. I didn't tell her how I felt about her but I think she got the signs.

However, abruptly after we settled back into work/study, she started responding less and slower. She would sometimes reply to my texts, sometimes she wouldn't. Some of these texts would go unread for a long time.

What could be the reasons for her to do so? It just seemed quite sudden for her to stop responding and I don't think I did anything that would push her away. Quite certain she hasn't seen anyone else. I still hope we'll get to meet again...

introverted1
I have been talking to a girl, whom I met over the summer last year, for a couple of months now. Unfortunately, we live in different countries and may not end up in the same city at all.

Unless you have plans to meet again, it's natural for the conversation to peter out. Not many people are interested in a long-term pen-pal.

ExpatInItaly

I similarly let things fizzle out with one guy, years ago now, because I had started dating someone and was distracted by my new interest.

Curiousroxy86

She got back with her ex. She don't want long distance. She met someone else she likes better. She wasn't single to begin with. She doesn't want anything serious and felt like it was becoming that way. She stopped wanting something serious when she may have wanted it before. You said something that turned her off. Outside factors may turn her off to the idea of wanting something serious (work, death, bad news), she turned lesbian, something happened to her that maybe she feels unattractive to date....there are waaaay too many reasons people ghost. Don't focus on it. Focus on people who don't ghost.

• Like 1