going on dates

fred123

do you stop taking a girl on actual dates after she says she doesnt want anything serious?

how do u go from there? do i just say for the next time we meet " netflix and chill at mine?"

When I wanted something serious, if I met man who didn't want anything serious, my interest faded. I knew I was barking up the wrong tree so it was easier to walk away.

I certainly didn't stop talking to them in the middle of the date or anything. I had fun on the actual date. Once the date was over, I was slower to respond and eventually they faded away. I did not try to change their minds or anything.

If you are open to Netflix & chill casually, sure you can ask.

If someone says they don't want anything serious, they're saying they aren't interested in you. They're hoping you'll get the hint.

• Like 1
  • Author
When I wanted something serious, if I met man who didn't want anything serious, my interest faded. I knew I was barking up the wrong tree so it was easier to walk away.

I certainly didn't stop talking to them in the middle of the date or anything. I had fun on the actual date. Once the date was over, I was slower to respond and eventually they faded away. I did not try to change their minds or anything.

If you are open to Netflix & chill casually, sure you can ask.

well i meant if you like a girl and have gone on several dates that i planned and paid for and then she tells you she doesnt want something serious do i then suggeat netflix and chill? thats what she means right?

also why would i waste time and money on proper dates? lol

Usually it means they don't want anything serious with YOU.

They may want to hang out as friends, sometimes not even that, but the romantic/sexual part of the relationship is over.

At that point, it usually fizzles out and dies...

If you haven't already had sex, then I doubt Netflix and chill is on offer.

Well you either casually date her... but don’t expect this to become serious, so you might end up wasting your time if you’re hoping this relationship to evolve to something serious. Or stop seeing her and find someone who’ll want something serious with you.

You either hang out together at home, or if you go out together, she pays for herself. Or, you can take turns paying if the amounts are comparable. If she has a lot less discretionary cash, you could occasionally treat her, if you wish.

well i meant if you like a girl and have gone on several dates that i planned and paid for and then she tells you she doesnt want something serious do i then suggeat netflix and chill?lol

No, you stop pursuing her. She's telling you she's not interested in you.

• Like 1

Is this a hypothetical or is it a current situation? If it's a current situation, can you give a little more background about her interaction with you?

Pretty much you do nothing and move on.

If you want a dating relationship with her it is best to have nothing to do with her. Spend your time with people who want to spend time with you.

Now if you were having sex with her then I would take fwb with her if you could be ok without getting attached

well i meant if you like a girl and have gone on several dates that i planned and paid for and then she tells you she doesnt want something serious do i then suggeat netflix and chill? thats what she means right?

also why would i waste time and money on proper dates? lol

You can ask her if she wants to come over but generally when a woman says I don't want anything serious she means that she has no interest in doing anything romantic or sexual with the guy she's saying that to. When a man says it to a woman, it generally means he's DTF but wants no part of a commitment or exclusivity.

Here you can ask her to come over but I suspect she will be offended if you try to make a move because she sees you in a purely platonic way.

If all she wanted was to have sex, you two would have gotten bus already. If she is already sleeping with you, carry on, no expense needed but do be a gracious host & offer something if she comes over" microwave pop corn, breakfast. . . something.

Curiousroxy86

I would stop talking to a guy who said he is not looking for anything serious. If I was a dude I would stop talking to her all together as well. Don't spend anymore time and money on her if she don't want anything serious. Asking her to "hang out" is your prerogative.

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

You call up someone else to go hang out with. It's over with this person ... Pretending it's not over just amounts to torture.