expressing interest in someone?

fiskadoro

Hello,

I went out with a woman twice a few years ago, and then she left the city for career reasons. We are still friends on Facebook, and very occasionally chat, but I am going to DC a friend and would like to see her again. The last time we communicated she seemed still somewhat interested.

Which is better: to express some interest in getting to know her/have a date with her or just hang out with her? I was leaning towards just hanging out and seeing what happens, but we are both adults and I think it might be better to at least indirectly express interest in her, so she knows somewhat my intentions.

The two of you didn’t continue seeing each other due to the distance before. What makes you think things have changed? And what do she do which makes you think she may still be somewhat interested?

• Like 1

Just because she agreed to see you doesn't mean she's hoping for more. I doubt she is looking for romance. She's just meeting up with someone she calls a friend.

• Like 1

Which is better: to express some interest in getting to know her/have a date with her or just hang out with her? I was leaning towards just hanging out and seeing what happens, but we are both adults and I think it might be better to at least indirectly express interest in her, so she knows somewhat my intentions.

I think that if you want to be in the friendzone, hang out.

If you want to be her man, you need to state your case to her, since, as you say, you're both adults...

Are you interested in/prepared for the rigors of relationship?

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

Just tell her you're coming to town and you want to see if she has time to get together.

If she's interested ... in either friendship or more ... she'll express an interest in getting together.

When you get together, you can see what the vibe is like. Your feelings might have changed ... she'll be different and you're different. Just go out and see what the heck happens. You don't need to tell her ahead of time that I want to meet with you to explore possible romance.

Just ask her out.

To be clear, she'll likely know why you're asking her out. As an ex of mine once said, any time she got together with a single man (not just a man she was regular friends with), she figured possible romance was part of at least one person's thoughts even if the issue didn't formally come up.