Maybe another chance

Sussex

Hi Everyone, I am Sussex and I haven't been here for a long time.

I have a problem and I don't know if any one can help me. Apologies if my first post is long!

After Christmas, I noticed this fella outside where he works, didn't think anything of it. Then it kept happening and I took more notice and started liking him. It's just across from where I live so I see him everyday. Don't know why it happened, I'm no great looker any more and knocking on a bit lol.:laugh:

A couple of weeks ago, he knocked on my door, and I thought he was even better looking up close. He isn't English and younger than me. I was so shocked he was there that I stupidly pretended I didn't know who it was! I do stupid things sometimes, don't ask me why - shyness? We were very friendly and laughing and eventually he left. I was really taken aback! I wished I asked him in.

I saw him in the street a couple of days after and his face lit up when he saw me. I gave him a smile back and carried on walking. Then we were back at looking at each other. I did send him a Valentines greeting though which he replied to. Then he went on holiday, it's horrible him not being there.

Another guy filled him for him and I didn't take any notice of him. The confused part is because he may be back now and if so, he is so much different. My eyes aren't what they were! He doesn't come out much and I only get looks from him if he thinks I'm not looking. That isn't like him at all, he was really keen. Do people have holidays that lasts about 3 weeks or longer?

Is there anything I can do, I'm not very brazen? I'm all tied up in knots and it isn't nice. Thank you for any help you can throw my way.

First off let me say this is probably a world record as far as I can tell. 11 years from joining a forum until a very first post! Odd that you state you haven't been here a long time. 11 years might be considered long by some standards. But I digress.

Second of all. You sound very shy and a nervous type. If he's the same way you'll never get it moving forward until and unless one of you steps out of your comfort zone and next time you cross paths says "Hey I'd like to get to know you better how about lunch on Tuesday"?. What's the worst that can happen.

Um, I'd be a bit worried that although he's attracted to you, perhaps he is married or otherwise taken and of decent ethics that made him back off after the Valentine!

The confused part is because he may be back now and if so, he is so much different. My eyes aren't what they were! He doesn't come out much and I only get looks from him if he thinks I'm not looking. That isn't like him at all

It sure IS confusing. So he went away on vacation for 3 weeks and then he came back, or maybe he didn't come back, because you aren't certain that the guy who comes out only sometimes and looks at you when he thinks you aren't looking- might not be the same guy?

Do you wear glasses?

• Like 1

muster up the courage to go outside into the world......go over there and say hi.

I have a feeling you might be misreading the signals. He changed after the Valentine greetings...that may have pushed him back.

Edited by smackie9
I noticed this fella outside where he works, didn't think anything of it.

It's just across from where I live so I see him everyday.

A couple of weeks ago, he knocked on my door,

I'm sorry, but this is alarming.

I'm sorry, but this is alarming.

maybe he was planning to rob the place and was scoping it out.

• Like 1
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your advice. I don't think he wants to rob me, I haven't anything to take! Lol.

He is definitely back now and things are exactly the same. I can either wait or make a move myself. I am such a shy one that I hope he makes the next move.

Thanks again, Sussex x

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your advice. I don't think he wants to rob me, I haven't anything to take! Lol.

He is definitely back now and things are exactly the same. I can either wait or make a move myself. I am such a shy one that I hope he makes the next move.

Thanks again, Sussex x

If you want him to make a move, you have to be in his space alot.