LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Why do girls that blew you off still view your online dating profile?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2019, 3:55 AM   #16
Established Member

Because we are curious human beings, doesn't mean we are interested though.
toomanyquestions123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 7:49 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highndry View Post
She's realizing how stupid she is because the grass wasn't greener, it was brown and dried up.
Basically. Good luck to her and all the other joe schmo’s on there
Mac0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 9:52 AM   #18
Established Member

Meh...I've done what she did 1000 times when I was online dating.

A picture would go by and I'd click on it, thinking he looked decent and then when I'd get to the profile, I'd discover it was a profile I'd seen before and the guy looks like Lurch from the Adams Family - his thumbnail picture was deceiving.

Or, I'd see a picture of a guy I hadn't seen before and click on it, only to discover it was a profile I'd seen several times, but he'd updated or changed his main profile pic again making me think it was someone new. So I'd clicked on it, thus viewing his profile again.

It happens all the time, but it doesn't indicate a definite interest. It sure didn't on my part most of the time when I was doing OLD.
Mrs._December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 10:10 AM   #19
Established Member

One possible scenario.

One thing I was doing on match back when I was dating (6 years ago). Every monday evening, I was running a search for men with the characteristics I wanted (distance, education etc.) and then all candidates will show up in some kind of list.

I would click on the first profile and then click the next button until the last profile, thus viewing ALL of them.

Problem is that many on the list were the same men (or most on the list) every week , with fewer new ones. So I guess all of those guys, including guys I've been on dates with and I did't want to continue or they didn't want to continue thought I viewed their profile every week and I must be obsessed with them.

In fact, not only I wasn't interested, I was not even reading any of the profiles, just clicking next, so I can show up when they see who looked at their profile and thus increase my visibility. Plus, they thought I was interested in them, which prompted some to message me. Only after they messaged me, I really looked at their profile and decided if I should answer.

That's exactly what happened with my husband. He said he messaged me because I showed interest first. I didn't. I clicked next and he thought I looked at his profile.
BluEyeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 7:55 PM   #20
Established Member

This isn't a random profile. They went on multiple dates then she ghosted.
Old 14th March 2019, 9:18 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
This isn't a random profile. They went on multiple dates then she ghosted.
Someone actually read my post in detail! Bravo!!

Bonus Points for @thefinalword

Whats up man. I remember you from the original thread about this girl.

Two cents on her viewing my profile?
Mac0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 9:58 PM   #22
Established Member

I think the fact she viewed your profile is a lot less meaningful than the amount you care about it. It's probably nothing, if it were something she would contact you herself. Were I you, I would forget about it and go about my daily life.
Old 15th March 2019, 4:44 AM   #23
Established Member

Curiosity. Nothing more.

Plenty of times I see OLD profiles of girls I've been on a date with before. Often I'll have a look at their profile to see if they've changed it, added pictures, see if it reflects what they were like when we met, or whatever else. It doesn't mean I lay awake at night thinking about whether I should've seen them again.
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 5:54 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac0908 View Post

I read your post in detail. I can also spend two weeks intimately involved in a book and not recall having read it till I re-read the blurb.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 8:05 AM   #25
Established Member

So did she click on it once, or has she been stalking you? It's hard to tell, the way you describe it.

Either way, maybe think of blocking her yourself, so you don't get dragged back into it? It seems to be affecting you quite a bit, for something so inconsequential.

Last edited by littleblackheart; 15th March 2019 at 8:07 AM..
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 8:09 AM   #26

Curiosity killed the cat...

As others have stated, most likely out of curiosity, I myself have done this. Not having ghosted someone necessarily.

Either that or she did it by accident. Again I have also done this, noticed a particular person...then holy cats I've clicked on them.

I wouldn't think about it too much.
PansLabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 1:05 PM   #27
Established Member

All I can say is, be happy that anyone is looking at your profile.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 5:03 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac0908 View Post

It's not a random accident. I don't buy that for a second. I get online and I don't randomly look at girls profiles that I don't like. Just look at it as being hilarious that she's viewing your profile. The best revenge is to live well. She knows she made a mistake. If she can't own it, humble herself and write you, then that probably explains why she's online looking for dates. I would make her do 100% effort, and even then I'd probably just ghost her. She may be trying to get your hopes up, hoping you'll make the first move. But don't do that. She has to admit her mistake in disrespecting you and ask for forgiveness, or there is no way I would reach out or anything of the sort.

Last edited by TheFinalWord; 16th March 2019 at 5:06 AM..
TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 7:07 AM   #29
Established Member

We don't know why she did what she did regarding the profile view, but it is a bit of a reach to think she regrets ghosting him.

On reading the old thread I think the issue stemmed from

Quote:
Then it happened. Things for some reason seem to slowly go downhill. The next day (Sunday) I texted her asking how the kid was. She says thanks for asking and he's doing better with meds. We send a couple texts back and forth and
the convo fizzles out.
Thread
The convo fizzled out as either there was no real connection - nothing left to say.
OR
She realised she was not interested.
OR
Her kid being ill made her reset her priorities.
OR
She did feel the OP was all about sex and she didn't want that.
OR
Something else or a mix of reasons.

Suffice to say, the momentum died and she felt the best idea was to shut it all down.
It happens.
Move on.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote