LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Is it a good sign if he asked where things are going/moving forward?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2019, 11:56 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abouttt View Post
Thank you all for your answers!

Sounds like I need to be the one to make a move (if he ever wants to see me again)... I feel like Iíd be way more comfortable kicking his leg than kissing him, but whatever. Weíre already weird and awkward around each other, so adding some weirdness and awkwardness might just spice things up a little 🤷🏻*♀️.

Or maybe itís over since he hasnít texted me today 😠
What do you think about him not reaching out after our last date (that I planned)? I wonít initiate a text because I really want to figure out whatís his level of interest and Iíve been taught that when a man wants a woman, heís obvious about it and pursues her, so a lack of pursuing would be an answer in itself.
What you've been taught isn't true all the time, especially in this case because he's probably wondering if you even like him. I think you should initiate, and see him again and make the move. If you really don't care that much one way or another to see this guy again, then forget it.
Grey40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 12:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey40 View Post
What you've been taught isn't true all the time, especially in this case because he's probably wondering if you even like him. I think you should initiate, and see him again and make the move. If you really don't care that much one way or another to see this guy again, then forget it.
I thought initiating a date on a Saturday night was a pretty clear sign that Iím interested in him...
Abouttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 12:53 AM   #18
Established Member

If you want to talk to him, go ahead ask about his day.. If you dont feel like texting him, then dont. Dont worry about what people tell you. Do what you feel like doing, not what people tell you what you should do.
frus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 1:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by frus69 View Post
If you want to talk to him, go ahead ask about his day.. If you dont feel like texting him, then dont. Dont worry about what people tell you. Do what you feel like doing, not what people tell you what you should do.
I honestly just donít feel like texting him. I get what youíre saying, but at the same time, I need to know where he stands and what his futur actions will be.
Old 4th March 2019, 1:08 AM   #20
Established Member

Look if you like him a lot and you really want him to text you and kiss you, then you can shoot him a text, nothing wrong with that.
But if you are just lukewarm and honestly dont feel like texting then dont do it. You dont have to text him now to know where he stands. In fact, even if he replies you'll probably still wonder "is he into me or is he just being friendly".
Only time will tell where he stands.
frus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 3:50 AM   #21
Established Member

He is just shy. Like you. But as Smackie said, he isnít looking for a platonic friendship. Some patterns are hard to break, and inexperienced men simply donít know when or how to initiate.
MaleIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 11:23 AM   #22
Established Member

You want a guy that will make the moves first, where he possibly would prefer a more aggressive woman to pull him out of his shell. Maybe he's not the guy for you.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 2:35 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Thank you all for your answers!

Sounds like I need to be the one to make a move (if he ever wants to see me again)... I feel like I’d be way more comfortable kicking his leg than kissing him, but whatever. We’re already weird and awkward around each other, so adding some weirdness and awkwardness might just spice things up a little ����*♀️.

Or maybe it’s over since he hasn’t texted me today ��
What do you think about him not reaching out after our last date (that I planned)? I won’t initiate a text because I really want to figure out what’s his level of interest and I’ve been taught that when a man wants a woman, he’s obvious about it and pursues her, so a lack of pursuing would be an answer in itself.
Lol, actually might be fun and get the ball rolling if it was just a little kick!

Kick him a little and when he acts surprised say, "Just testing before I jump on you and shower you with kisses!" Nah, better not say that, but maybe "Just testing!"

Hmmm, not sure if it's over or not but since you planned the last date I think you're wise not to reach out until you hear from him. Just my opinion.

Time will tell.

Last edited by LivingWaterPlease; 4th March 2019 at 2:39 PM..
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 2:55 PM   #24
Established Member

I had a guy like that, met him on a dating website, and he was 44. for the life of God to this day I have no clue what did that guy want from me. No physical contact whatsoever. In the end I asked him if he wanted to be just friends, and I still didn't understand anything from his rambling response. We went out on one more date and then I just stopped responding to his texts. We went out 9 times.

I am very curious what's up with your guy. In any case, if he's that bad with physical contact, something is wrong there, I'd say drop him. I wouldn't think he'd be good in the sack if he's so inhibited, and if he's not into you...then also a non starter.
BluEyeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 3:51 PM   #25
Established Member

You two are still pretty young. He seems like he needs a little prompting. You can grab his hand when you're out with him. That's not too much to ask.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 3:52 PM   #26
Established Member

OP I would just come out and ask him "are we dating or is our relationship platonic"? Why wait it out when you can ask him and find out right away. If he asks you why you're asking tell him "because you haven't kissed me".
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 4:32 PM   #27
Oak

It's obvious that the guy likes you (not just as a friend), but I think he is as confused as you are (probably more). Sure, you planned the last date, but then you tried to cancel the last part of it. Do you think that he interprets that as you liking him? I wouldn't. I'd view that as you changing your mind and looking for a way out. This could explain why he hasn't texted you since that "date".

Just tell the guy you like him...or at least flirt with him with actual physical contact. Dressing nice and smelling good does not tell him that you like him. It just shows that you care about your appearance, which has nothing to do with him.

At this point, I think you just need to be direct and tell him that you like him. There's been enough confusion and mixed messages going on. He likes you.
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 6:03 PM   #28

Thank you again for your answers!

He hasnít reached out yet and Iím starting to think he lost interest or that he never was in the first place. I also think that maybe it was a mistake to plan a date without knowing if he really was into me.

I wonít reach out to him or try to imitate things, I really donít want to chase him.

@oak For the last activity, there was a lineup and I knew he didnít sleep a lot the night before and that he had to wake up early on the next day, so I told him it was okay of we donít do it and he then said he wanted to and I said okay and we had fun. We sure were a little bit on a hurry at the end (I had to reach my bus) so maybe the last impression on that date turned him off.

Iím just a bit disappointed today because I realize that exactly one year ago, my ex broke up with and 365 days later, Iím in a situation where a guy might be ghosting me. I think Iím cursed 😂

If he ever reaches out to me and asks me out, Iíll kick his leg super hard as @livingwaterplease approved loll

Iím thinking about going on a date with another guy just to think about someone else and to Ďkeep my options opení, but Iím not interested in anyone and I know itíll be a loss of time. Iíve gone on dates with 10-15 guys in the last few months (almost all just first date), so I know what itís like and itís really exhausting. Then I met him and he was different. Anyways, Iíll have answers with time
Old 4th March 2019, 6:09 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Anyways, I just get a hug at the end of our dates.
It's time for you to step in to him and kiss him. See what he does then.

Quote:
What do you think about him not reaching out after our last date (that I planned)? I wonít initiate a text because
is playing this game more important than you just point blank asking him why he doesn't seem attracted to you? If you are sitting back and not initiating, he may be taking it as you're not interested and he doesn't want to crowd your space. If you're acting like his buddy when you're out and not like his girlfriend, then he could be getting the message that you're good with what you two have going on.
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 6:10 PM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
, I need to know where he stands and what his futur actions will be.
You won't know that until you have a conversation with him and that may require you stepping out of your comfort zone and extending yourself.
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote