rude

fred123

girl iv been seeing for a few dates i sent a video clip of me playing golf with my friend. im not very good but he is. she is also quite good so i sent her the video so she could give me a few pointers.

anyways she texted back saying me and him were like the inbetweeneers. that is not somethinf u say to a guy u just know and like? quite harsh and i was a bit annoyed about that.

Happy Lemming

If you want good golf pointers, schedule a lesson with the head pro at the local course.

Golf is a one-upmanship type of sport and this woman is just doing what the majority of golfers do.

Some people take their golf game way to seriously... She may be one of them.

• Like 1
If you want good golf pointers, schedule a lesson with the head pro at the local course.

Golf is a one-upmanship type of sport and this woman is just doing what the majority of golfers do.

Some people take their golf game way to seriously... She may be one of them.

This^^^^100%

losangelena

Why should a woman you’ve been out with a handful of times be obligated to give you golf pointers? Pay a professional to do that.

• Like 1
girl iv been seeing for a few dates i sent a video clip of me playing golf with my friend. im not very good but he is. she is also quite good so i sent her the video so she could give me a few pointers.

anyways she texted back saying me and him were like the inbetweeneers. that is not somethinf u say to a guy u just know and like? quite harsh and i was a bit annoyed about that.

If a dude said that to you, would you still be that shook?

GorillaTheater

Sounds to me like she was just good-naturedly jerking you around a little. I don't see a reason to get all offended about it.

• Like 1

I don't know what an "inbetweener" is so I'm not sure why you found it offensive.

Also since you think the guy you were playing golf with is a better player then you & she put you both in the same category, maybe it was her way of saying you are better than you think you are.

But since you asked for pointers, you had to expect that you would be given constructive criticism. It sounds like you didn't get that -- you know don't pick your head up, rotate the club face etc. but if you were looking for that, it would have been wrong of her to blow sunshine up your b**t & tell you that you are a fantastic player when you are not.

You're a hack and she gave you a ribbing because of it. If you can't take a joke, you're going to have a hard time in life.

• Like 1

Sounds like she was ribbing you. This is the problem with text communication - you lose tone of delivery.

I don't know what an "inbetweener" is so I'm not sure why you found it offensive.

Inbetweeeners a UK comedy series about teenage lads.

"The programme involves situations of school life, uncaring school staff, friendship, male bonding, lad culture and largely failed sexual encounters."

It is cringe comedy, the antics of the main characters are cringeworthy, that being the main joke.

Inbetweeeners a UK comedy series about teenage lads.

"The programme involves situations of school life, uncaring school staff, friendship, male bonding, lad culture and largely failed sexual encounters."

It is cringe comedy, the antics of the main characters are cringeworthy, that being the main joke.

Thank you, elaine567.

Now I understand why you felt insulted fred123. Such a comment was uncalled for. I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one. Even if you were acting silly or childish while you were playing a round of golf with your chum, that's allowed. Perhaps she is too serious?

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one.

That was my assumption, as well.

At one point in my life, I was the Controller of a golf course. I never played, but I heard so much hollering, carrying on, complaining and moaning over a little white ball. Grown men acting like little children, fussing & fighting over everything, pin placement, the length of the greens, cart path only for the golf carts (during certain times), pace of play, etc. etc.. I thought it was supposed to be fun.

And yes, some people take it way too seriously!!

Thank you, elaine567.

Now I understand why you felt insulted fred123. Such a comment was uncalled for. I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one. Even if you were acting silly or childish while you were playing a round of golf with your chum, that's allowed. Perhaps she is too serious?

Totally disagree. It's an even MORE appropriate comment, and hilarious.

If I was dating a professional ice skater (wouldn't that be nice), and I sent her a video of myself ice skating with a buddy, she's going to double over laughing, and I would be ripe for such comment because it would be true. I'm terrible, and I have no problem admitting that. I would laugh alongside her.

I see good-natured playful ribbing on her part, extreme hypersensitivity and insecurity on your part. Do you typically offend very easily? Might want to work on that.

• Like 3
  • Author
ARE the two of you like the inbetweeners?

no i dont think so. i have nice friends. im a nerdy geek but being called inbetweeners is insulting here brcause they are thought of as ugly losers who cant get girls. shess not a pro i was just making convo with her by sending the video. didnt expect her to insult me and my friend who ironically has a handicap of 4! he was teaching me as he is very good

GorillaTheater
no i dont think so. i have nice friends. im a nerdy geek but being called inbetweeners is insulting here brcause they are thought of as ugly losers who cant get girls.

And you know how getting pissy with her about this is going to make you look, right?

Like a loser who can't get girls.

• Like 2
  • Author

people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women. no she should also be worried about how her comments make her look and whether i want to continue dating someone like that.

lol like i even think or care what she thinks if i get pissy or am annoyed about something she said. if so she can do one

Happy Lemming

Only you can decide if this was some "gentle ribbing" or a "mean insult" or somewhere in the middle.

Now that I have clarification of "Inbetweeners", I'm leaning towards insult, of which I am not a fan.

In general, I don't think you should put anyone down. It is a tactic that people use to make themselves feel better about them. These individuals should be able to accomplish this from within, not at the detriment of others.

"If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all." - Dorothy Parker

Edited to add: Instead of the "inbetweeners" comment, what would have been wrong with... "Oh, you're playing golf, perhaps we could play a round of golf together, next Wednesday??"

Edited by Happy Lemming
Mrs._December
I see good-natured playful ribbing on her part, extreme hypersensitivity and insecurity on your part. Do you typically offend very easily? Might want to work on that.

Quoted for truth.

• Like 1
really? how so? its not insulting i think so

well, then I'd say that you got a taste of how she truly esteems you...

I'd make myself scarce to her.

people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women. no she should also be worried about how her comments make her look and whether i want to continue dating someone like that.

You are right. Dating is an audition of sorts on both sides. If you were truly put off by her comment, regardless of what a bunch of people on the internet think, you do need to factor her word choice into your decision. This may be some indication that you don't have the same sense of humor or communications style.

• Like 1
people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women.

I don't know anyone who thinks the man should be bending down for the woman. If you don't like her attitude, stop seeing her.

• Like 2