LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

rude

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2019, 12:37 AM   #16
Established Member

ARE the two of you like the inbetweeners?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 9:47 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
ARE the two of you like the inbetweeners?
no i dont think so. i have nice friends. im a nerdy geek but being called inbetweeners is insulting here brcause they are thought of as ugly losers who cant get girls. shess not a pro i was just making convo with her by sending the video. didnt expect her to insult me and my friend who ironically has a handicap of 4! he was teaching me as he is very good
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 9:54 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
no i dont think so. i have nice friends. im a nerdy geek but being called inbetweeners is insulting here brcause they are thought of as ugly losers who cant get girls.
And you know how getting pissy with her about this is going to make you look, right?

Like a loser who can't get girls.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 10:01 AM   #19
Established Member

people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women. no she should also be worried about how her comments make her look and whether i want to continue dating someone like that.

lol like i even think or care what she thinks if i get pissy or am annoyed about something she said. if so she can do one
Old 13th March 2019, 10:14 AM   #20
Established Member

Only you can decide if this was some "gentle ribbing" or a "mean insult" or somewhere in the middle.

Now that I have clarification of "Inbetweeners", I'm leaning towards insult, of which I am not a fan.

In general, I don't think you should put anyone down. It is a tactic that people use to make themselves feel better about them. These individuals should be able to accomplish this from within, not at the detriment of others.

"If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all." - Dorothy Parker

Edited to add: Instead of the "inbetweeners" comment, what would have been wrong with... "Oh, you're playing golf, perhaps we could play a round of golf together, next Wednesday??"

Last edited by Happy Lemming; 13th March 2019 at 10:19 AM..
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 10:21 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normm View Post
I see good-natured playful ribbing on her part, extreme hypersensitivity and insecurity on your part. Do you typically offend very easily? Might want to work on that.
Quoted for truth.
Mrs._December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 10:26 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs._December View Post
Quoted for truth.
really? how so? its not insulting i think so
Old 13th March 2019, 10:32 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
really? how so? its not insulting i think so
well, then I'd say that you got a taste of how she truly esteems you...

I'd make myself scarce to her.
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 5:22 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women. no she should also be worried about how her comments make her look and whether i want to continue dating someone like that.
You are right. Dating is an audition of sorts on both sides. If you were truly put off by her comment, regardless of what a bunch of people on the internet think, you do need to factor her word choice into your decision. This may be some indication that you don't have the same sense of humor or communications style.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 5:25 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women.
I don't know anyone who thinks the man should be bending down for the woman. If you don't like her attitude, stop seeing her.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 6:19 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women.

No one is on trial for anything. You're just getting to know one another and clearly, how she is doesn't work with how you are. Not everyone is going to fit, no matter how desperately you need for them to fit.

Quote:
no she should also be worried about how her comments make her look and whether i want to continue dating someone like that.

Actually, she doesn't because if she cared how she came across to you, she most likely would have used other words. You are assuming that she has you on the same pedestal that you have her on.

Quote:
lol like i even think or care what she thinks if i get pissy

so why this post if you don't care what she thinks?
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 8:56 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
If you don't like her attitude, stop seeing her.
^^^ This 100%

Its still early in the dating / "getting to know you" phase and you don't have much invested in this endeavor, so quit. This comment is "stuck in your craw" and has tainted the early dating stage. A quick text to tell her you don't think the two of you are compatible and move on to the "NEXT"!!
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 9:54 PM   #28
Established Member

I feel OP has posted lots of threats about being offended by all different kinds of women.
frus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 8:26 AM   #29
Established Member

Would you find it acceptable to make a comment like that to a woman? If no, then you and her aren't compatible. Unless there was malicious intent on her part, its no one's fault.

You could calmly explain how the comment made you feel, but that may have more of a negative effect than a positive one.
fromheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 9:09 AM   #30
Established Member

Trouble is some people like to make outrageous statements in order for the two of you to bat back and forth with witty comments. It's called banter.
If you take everything to heart and treat it like it is a huge insult, and you are mortally wounded by it, then you will never get anywhere. UK humour can be cutting at times.

BUT if you feel the Inbetweeners comment was deliberately nasty and a step too far, then cut her off, do not put up with it.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote